onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

If we take no deal off the table then May should insist that free movement of people and any form of EU sovereignty is also taken off the table.

That should have been the very first thing she said to the EU.

They were not on her table, red lines I believe

As a footnote.... I read today the Germans want to talk directly with the UK, or at least some of them, and they blame jezza for his ineptitude and obstructive attitude as much as they blame may.

That reinforces your previous post Geo - the EU, particularly Germany, is getting more nervous the longer 'A No Deal' remains on the table.

That reinforces your previous post Geo - the EU, particularly Germany, is getting more nervous the longer 'A No Deal' remains on the table.
Most people are nervous, Germans are stock piling cars in the UK apparently, countries with ports dealing with UK traffic increasing parking areas. I think the EU is planning to carry on as normal for 4/6 months while merchants redirect supply lines using the UK and introduce tariffs/permits etc as soon as possible. Manufacturing would bear the brunt over the next 10 years as the UK loses it gateway to the EU.

It's about the only thing we have in our favour Barry.... especially as we aren't allowed to negotiate other deals before article 50 comes into effect.

What I'm trying to express is that article 50 has nothing to do with a deal or no deal... the two have no direct link or dependency on each other.... it stands on it's own, passed by 400 mps... that's what they all voted for.... article 50 is simply the day we leave.

No deal can't be simply taken off the table. If we agree a deal we leave with a deal.... if we don't we still have to leave.... because that's what article 50 is... the date we leave... it's not optional.

It may be delayed... it may be rescinded... one is problematic due to timing, the other creates a problem because it means we don't leave.

A second referendum my be the only option at the end of the day simply due to the stalemate in parliament... I don't like it and I think it will cause many problems... but if it happens it should be on the original question... in or out.... not Mays deal or stay... because Mays deal is crap.

Just imagine the chaos if it was leave.... again.

Most people are nervous, Germans are stock piling cars in the UK apparently, countries with ports dealing with UK traffic increasing parking areas. I think the EU is planning to carry on as normal for 4/6 months while merchants redirect supply lines using the UK and introduce tariffs/permits etc as soon as possible. Manufacturing would bear the brunt over the next 10 years as the UK loses it gateway to the EU.

They may want to appear as though everything is normal... but it won't be if there is no deal.

They will lose billions of pounds... and if any one member country goes to the wall Italy? The EU could well implode.

So Jezza wants no deal to be taken off the table before he'll enter talks?

That's like Len McCluskey taking going on strike off the table.

And well Jezza knows it! It's only a further delaying tactic to save him upsetting one side of his party which is just as split as the Tories! The fence-sitting and posturing by Labour is fooling no one. It's so so sad that we haven't got a proper functioning opposition and the party is being led (????!) by such an imbecile when what the country so badly needs is clear and decisive leadership from both main parties.

So Jezza wants no deal to be taken off the table before he'll enter talks?

That's like Len McCluskey taking going on strike off the table.

The talks should be about the deal with the EU, backbenchers are attempting to take the option of no-deal off the table so a side-issue really, The no-deal option will always be in Article 50. The whole point of off the table is to stop it being used as a threat by May to force her deal. No deal usually means remaining with the status quo when you are buying a house or a car, whether you take the strike option off the table depends upon the state of negotiations, if it will bring a quicker result.

Plus there is two more years worth of voters who have turned 18 with an opinion on this. There are plenty who realised they were lied too and want to remain now.

I wonder if the younger generation know that the French government have announced this week that it's bringing back national service.

Is this the start of something new in the EU which is being kept relatively quiet in the MSM?

I wonder if the younger generation know that the French government have announced this week that it's bringing back national service.

Is this the start of something new in the EU which is being kept relatively quiet in the MSM?

This is a French government decision, not the EU’s. It is only for a month and is not the sort of military national service we used to have in this country. 60% of the French supported the concept. What’s your problem?

This is a French government decision, not the EU’s. It is only for a month and is not the sort of military national service we used to have in this country. 60% of the French supported the concept. What’s your problem?

Well,is it legal for a start,is a month long enough and what percentage of the younger generation think it's a good idea?

I assume it is educational, the first month of NS in the 50s certainly was. Army life/discipline was a shock to the system, for most people it was also their time first time away from home, few people went to uni unlike today. However the French youngsters will know that although it maybe 24/7 there are not another 23 months. I would support it in the UK in principle but the costs would have to be justified. Cant quite see what it has to do with the EU though.

Archived