Sign in to follow this  
scVale

Phoenix Club: Would You Support/Back It?

Just some musings that I'm putting out there. I was wondering if the worst came to the worst and Sm***waite gets his way or indeed if he doesn't (I think as fans we all need a fresh challenge and a change of scenery) would you all back and support a Phoenix club. What would your ideas for ground etc be? It's an interesting idea and if done right one which could provide a new and interesting experience. It would probably be run better and supported better than the original Port Vale. I'm getting to the stage now (after decades of off field battles and systemic on field failure)where I just want to start with a new club.

Wonder what we as fans would do if the worst did happen though? I can't see us letting the spirit/name just die, even if it did mean starting in the North West Counties in front of 500 fans.

Wonder what we as fans would do if the worst did happen though? I can't see us letting the spirit/name just die, even if it did mean starting in the North West Counties in front of 500 fans.
Probably playing at Kidsgrove or somewhere sad predicament but could happen.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Don't even go there, if the worst happens it'll be all over there'll be no coming back. We're the second club in the smallest city with two league clubs, starting again and getting back in the league would be nigh on impossible. The best we would do is emulate Bradford Park Avenue.

We can NOT afford to drop out of the league.

Would all the players get a company wheel chair ?

I’ll leave that one to you.

I’d go.

Young Kenny

Dalglish Snr St.Clair Baptiste

Perry

Los Alamos Von Spencer

Bygraves O’SHea

Hallmark League's a good day out, fiver in, you can booze in sight of the pitch, catering better than Vale's, people take their dogs to games...

Other Phoenix clubs have succeeded. Hereford look very likely to complete their third promotion in 3 years and need two more to be back in the league. I'm sure they'll do it. they've kept most of their support, curently getting 2,500 average every home game. Aldershot did it but got relegated again,now 2nd in the National league.

Other Phoenix clubs have succeeded. Hereford look very likely to complete their third promotion in 3 years and need two more to be back in the league. I'm sure they'll do it. they've kept most of their support, curently getting 2,500 average every home game. Aldershot did it but got relegated again,now 2nd in the National league.
Halifax ?

If Smurfthwaite manages to put us out of business then by all means start again. But to go down this line while the present set up is at least operational would be a poor decision. For a start, the new club could not be named Port Vale. I like supporting a team with a mad name, at least we are different from the endless City’s, Utd’s, Rovers etc. But, I fear that the Fat Blue One is pushing us closer and closer to our Armageddon. What’s the answer ? Does anyone have God’s telephone number ?

where would we play?

who's going to have a business plan / money for this sort of club to even happen?

i would rather do something to get scumweight out of this present port vale fc than to start up from scratch why should he have the privilege of making this happen to us?

#houndhimout.

Edited by joey_pvfc

Hope I don't eat my words here but I don't think were going anywhere this season and Aspin will pull together a decent squad on minimum budget next summer. I want Smurf gone as much as the next guy but I just don't see it happening unless Robbie comes in with a silly offer