onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale supporters club Why don't more Attend

old sage

He didn't seem bothered about losing a voice when calling for a 51% shareholder earlier in the year.

It's hypocritical negative moaning for the sake of it. If you're that unhappy with the situation then vote with your feet and leave the rest of us in peace.

Advert

unfortunately tone burslem accy is to close to the truth :(

I disagree but the only way we will know for sure is by waiting for the actions to follow the words.

Either way we needed change and the alternative option would have led to fans being less influential. Now they can still be heard through the SC getting into the boardroom.

He didn't seem bothered about losing a voice when calling for a 51% shareholder earlier in the year.

It's hypocritical negative moaning for the sake of it. If you're that unhappy with the situation then vote with your feet and leave the rest of us in peace.

Surely that is what a Supporters Club will do and listen, all sides have an opinion, some negative. The club is changing, through protest and hopefully for the better. To say "vote with your feet and leave the rest of us in peace" well you will end up with no club. I cannot believe your comment. We need to get support not your ideals.

It's perception, however the SC has spent a lot of time being critical of the club and appearing to get cozy with Mo. Then when it didn't come off, they became more critical and people like PR man MT is spouting constant -ve ribbish in the local rag, which as the PR man must show the views the SC hold?

One of these days you will post a comment on this site which indicates that you have even a vague grasp of what you're talking about.

absolutely, use all means available to reach the widest possible audience.

also what is the point of the sc? you need a few simple, achievable, goals that reflect the needs of the match going fans. get the clock going, cleaner bogs, warmer pies. something the fans want that you can work with the club to deliver. doesn't have to be life changing feats, just keep the simple stuff ticking over.

Spot on and the way forward for a SC of the 2000's.

Four - eight..ish committed individuals are 'core members' of the SC liasing with the club and with agreed goals, canvassing opinion on a web site (OVF perfect), feedback on OVF. These core members committed to attend all meetings, any Vale fan can attend the meeting of the 'SC Core Members' (don't have to sit around the 'meeting table' and can provide input). The SC rep on the board of directors is one of the core members. Minutes in the form of action points are posted on OVF.

Project Team meetings are run this say in the US, works well and everyone feels involved and can have their say and can heva as much input as they wish to.

As Vale fan in exile I cannot attend SC meetings or even games but I do listen to Valiant Player.

Right I've read your comments and think that most are a little apathetic. I understand where you are coming from but feel that if the Board delivers on it's promise to let us select a 'Supporters Director' all of this is about to change and a lot of the things that fans want will be put on the Boards agenda. In short the SC will become a stronger player.

absolutely, use all means available to reach the widest possible audience.

also what is the point of the sc? you need a few simple, achievable, goals that reflect the needs of the match going fans. get the clock going, cleaner bogs, warmer pies. something the fans want that you can work with the club to deliver. doesn't have to be life changing feats, just keep the simple stuff ticking over.

So you're saying the SC is useless as is and *should* be discussing clocks bogs and pies. :laugh::laugh:

*plonk*

It's always been the same. I used to go to the meetings when Roy Bowden ran them. If there was more than 15 there you were lucky. The only way to improve it is with meet the manager evenings and good guest speakers etc...

Best post to date,we fickle supporters need more incentive to attend other than listening to average Vale fans so to speak,Adams would fill the place, Bill Loady could answer questions on the general running of the club ..... You could even ask our own ROBBIE along to talk about his life or even better, free booze all night :D:D .......

Many will see the supporters club as people who started Black and Gold, SEO, Coffin Marches etc etc.

People are now sick and tired of the off field politics and i believe are now giving the club 12 months to prove themselves.

A mate of mine sees those who run or attend the SC as having an agenda with the Vale and are always causing mischief.

Whether its right or wrong that seems how it is Owd.

People, including myself are that ****ed off with the politics and the drain its had on the club in the last 12 months that now is the time to sit back, wait and see if Blue Sky, Perry Deakin and Mike lloyd can come up trumps.

Are you ****ed off that these people have been very instrumental in the recent changes.Recent changes that have cut the board down in size.Has got rid of the like's of Jackson,Bratt and Oliver?

I think you will find that most of these people are willing to give the new set a chance.

One of the points discussed last night in a positive manner was the election of the supporter / director,any one of you who read this is entitled to put themselves forward to be elected to the board of the club

The position will not be a company directors position registered with Companies House ( Therefore no shareholder election is required and no financial responsibilities are allied to the appointment)

So if you meet the Football League owners and Directors criteria (Fit and proper test) You could become the fans rep on the board.

So the supporters club rep will not be a proper Director with access to anything and will probably have to sign a confidentiality agreement anyway such that they can only report back the limited stuff they are told...however they might get a vote (that would be out voted every time) 'cause then the proxy can be used to back the collective democratic decisions of Deakin and Miller et al.

So the supporters club rep will not be a proper Director with access to anything and will probably have to sign a confidentiality agreement anyway such that they can only report back the limited stuff they are told...however they might get a vote (that would be out voted every time) 'cause then the proxy can be used to back the collective democratic decisions of Deakin and Miller et al.

The supporters "Director" will have full voting rights,and would attend board meetings,a non disclosure document will be signed by the appropriate individual in relation to sensitive information,this I presume all Directors of Ltd companies are expected to do,this would relate to salaries and contracts.

Archived