onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who is good to enough to start and last the full game ?

ancient mariner

Following on from the Pope thread,it's for sure their are varied opinions on whether he should be starting.I would like to turn this on it's head and ask the posters who in their honest opinions,out of a squad of over 30 players who should be starting in the first eleven.

I have racked my limited brain and in all honesty I am struggling to come up with any one player who has been consistent in every match this season,we can all blame players for not scoring,however we have plenty of poor or unfit goalies,the defence haven't exactly covered their selves in glory,midfield is a shambles,most of the loans have been a complete waste of time up to yet. So I wait with bated breath for peoples opinions to this in my opinion valid question.

Advert

Following on from the Pope thread,it's for sure their are varied opinions on whether he should be starting.I would like to turn this on it's head and ask the posters who in their honest opinions,out of a squad of over 30 players who should be starting in the first eleven.

I have racked my limited brain and in all honesty I am struggling to come up with any one player who has been consistent in every match this season,we can all blame players for not scoring,however we have plenty of poor or unfit goalies,the defence haven't exactly covered their selves in glory,midfield is a shambles,most of the loans have been a complete waste of time up to yet. So I wait with bated breath for peoples opinions to this in my opinion valid question.

Ben Whitfield ran his socks half first half reminded me of tony naylor

I guess the keeper can last a full game, only cos there doing no running, although with our gash defence his arms must be hurting.

Smith can last a full game, his form has dropped and I hold Anthony Kay accountable for that, who said he was a good solid experienced signing? 😂😂.

I think dear freitas could, can't understand why he's not given a couple of games to build some momentum, surely Pyke is fit enough to last a full game, the rest are not fit enough / good enough to play a full game.

I guess it's ok though becos I keep hearing and seeing fans say 'its still early'

If u listened to the excuses for sats defeat the main one seems to be they put so much into the first half that they ran out of steam in the second half so fitness is a big issue

How many of us cud tell our bosses that we are only doing half a week cus it's to hard to do a full one

Still am sure aspo wont swallow that one for long I wud double there weekly training prog and confiscate Popes fags

I guess the keeper can last a full game, only cos there doing no running, although with our gash defence his arms must be hurting.

Smith can last a full game, his form has dropped and I hold Anthony Kay accountable for that, who said he was a good solid experienced signing?

I think dear freitas could, can't understand why he's not given a couple of games to build some momentum, surely Pyke is fit enough to last a full game, the rest are not fit enough / good enough to play a full game.

So only ADF, Smith, Pyke and a keeper can last a full game? Seriously? Theres been some rubbish spouted this last few days with people latching on to Aspos post match comments but come on mate get a grip.

Worrall, one of the better players so far.

Just one comment on AdF, he has no end product which is why I don't see him as a starter but I wonder whether it's worth giving him a chance on the right, perhaps may have already been tried on the training pitch. At least then when he cuts inside his natural shot shape would be towards/into the goal and not away from it as it is when he plays on the left, his goal vs Kidsgrove came when he cut in from the right. Downside is he would have to check back inside to cross the ball but that's not uncommon in football.

None of them

The training pre-season was obviously sub standard and because of that we are paying the price

So the better and fitter players should figure in the starting eleven and those deemed not good enough or fit enough should be left out and given a strict regime to get fit atleast until January then off load the garbage and bring in new

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Worrall, one of the better players so far.

Just one comment on AdF, he has no end product which is why I don't see him as a starter but I wonder whether it's worth giving him a chance on the right, perhaps may have already been tried on the training pitch. At least then when he cuts inside his natural shot shape would be towards/into the goal and not away from it as it is when he plays on the left, his goal vs Kidsgrove came when he cut in from the right. Downside is he would have to check back inside to cross the ball but that's not uncommon in football.

ADF came on for 10 minutes on Saturday and creating more goalscoring chances with 2 crosses and a long shot than the rest of the team had for the previous 35 minutes.

It does make me chuckle to see the 'HE's GOT NO ASSISTS' argument when last season he was feeding Martin Paterson, Reggie, JJ Hooper, and a debuting Turner. This year, he's been feeding an isolated, struggling Pope.

How many games has De F been involved in for us? Close on 50 isn't it? And no assists and no goals. Says it all and part of the reason why we are where we are.

I doubt very much that many more than 4-5 of these 30 odd lads will be involved with out first team in 12 months time. The team needs major heart surgery and for me the only players I would be looking to keep are the likes of Gibbons (for his potential), Smith (despite a drop in form), Worrall and possibly Pope. My apologies if I've forgotten someone else. The rest will go , many of them are loan players anyway. But we need yet another massive turnover of first team players because this lot are collectively not good enough to save us from the National League. You wait until January and watch what happens! Aspin will change half this side because if he doesn't we're doomed.

You wait until January and watch what happens! Aspin will change half this side because if he doesn't we're doomed.

I bet Mr. Rudge is already working on that, he's been the deal maker for players at Stoke and Hull for years and he'll still be the top man for contacts. Come January Aspo will know exactly what he needs and Rudgie will help him sort it.

None of them

The training pre-season was obviously sub standard and because of that we are paying the price

So the better and fitter players should figure in the starting eleven and those deemed not good enough or fit enough should be left out and given a strict regime to get fit atleast until January then off load the garbage and bring in new

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I thought Brown inherited an unfit squad last season which is why he binned them all off and got a ton of injuries by overworking them in training.

Brown will go down as one of the worst football managers in the last ten years.

I thought Brown inherited an unfit squad last season which is why he binned them all off and got a ton of injuries by overworking them in training.

Brown will go down as one of the worst football managers in the last ten years.

Agreed and probably Everyman and his dog will agree with that

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived