onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Players

WalterJ

No matter what you think of a players contribution, or lack there of, writing like this to a player on his personal twitter is, in my humble opinion, way out of order:

@Lawrie_Wilson you should of been left in a condom and thrown in the ******* green bin, you’re dog ****

This situation is hard for us all, and we are all frustrated, but could we at least try to keep some form of decency?

Advert

No matter what you think of a players contribution, or lack there of, writing like this to a player on his personal twitter is, in my humble opinion, way out of order:

@Lawrie_Wilson you should of been left in a condom and thrown in the ******* green bin, you’re dog ****

This situation is hard for us all, and we are all frustrated, but could we at least try to keep some form of decency?

Wow there are some low life's out there, there really are. Why not simply comment on his performance?

Wow there are some low life's out there' date=' there really are. Why not simply comment on his performance?[/quote']

What, like this - (from one of your posts earlier this thread)

over crap past it players like Kay, Wilson, Tonge, Barnett and Pope, at least he was entertaining, these guys are painful.

And all the personal abuse about Brown, Morgan, Kelly, Birchall, Yates, Rob Page and the other 596 scapegoats on your list ?

It is clear that the squad we have assembled is poor, because once again we went for quantity over quality. I really don't know what the best line-up/formation is anymore.

Firstly, I'd go with Boote in goal, I can't say any of the others have convinced me. Denton is ok at left back, Gibbons or even Yates at right back and Smith, Anderson and Gunning as three centre-halves. Wilson and Kay should both be released immediately, shockingly poor players. Midfield is the shocker. Worrall is a definite starter as is probably Whitfield, but we are woefully short elsewhere. Middleton, ADF and Tongue are just not good enough. Harness is ok, but a bit lightweight. Likewise Montano who has zero end product. We need Pugh back pronto (God it sounds depressing saying that) but who else goes in there is anyone's guess. Reeves maybe?? Upfront well.... I think I'd be inclined to give Pyke and Turner a run together, it can't be any less prodctive. All in all, I think we are in a complete and utter mess.

What, like this - (from one of your posts earlier this thread)

over crap past it players like Kay, Wilson, Tonge, Barnett and Pope, at least he was entertaining, these guys are painful.

And all the personal abuse about Brown, Morgan, Kelly, Birchall, Yates, Rob Page and the other 596 scapegoats on your list ?

Yep just like that commenting on their performances from watching them

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Re Wilson, I think you’re being harsh; I paid extra attention to him last Tuesday on purpose. This is my amateur observation;

His problem is the formation & Worrall. Worrall is the best & most attacking midfielder in our squad. He’s also been playing on the right of the three man midfield & therefore playing in front of Wilson. Because Wilson knows Worrall has to be in the mix up top, he knows he has no cover from him and therefore won’t push forward because there’ll be a huge gap behind his run for the counter.

If I'm not mistaken that's exactly how Stevenage scored their first today. Vale attacking, Wilson was upfield when Stevenage won the ball on their right, two passes and their player was in on goal down Stevenage's left (Vale's right). Weakness of playing 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Wilson's confidence looks shot to me.

If I'm not mistaken that's exactly how Stevenage scored their first today. Vale attacking, Wilson was upfield when Stevenage won the ball on their right, two passes and their player was in on goal down Stevenage's left (Vale's right). Weakness of playing 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Wilson's confidence looks shot to me.

To be fair the absolutely cowardly challenge of Kay on their player lead to that goal along with a distinct lack for a change of our pretty much non-existent midfield.

Wrong, these players should be winning matches they just can't be arsed. Smurth isn't out there playing. We have better players than we had last season or one before, they need discipline and good management. Time the players were taken too task by the supporters not just Smurth bad as he is.

You pathetic happy clapper.

You are not a port vale fan.

Wrong, these players should be winning matches they just can't be arsed. Smurth isn't out there playing. We have better players than we had last season or one before, they need discipline and good management. Time the players were taken too task by the supporters not just Smurth bad as he is.

The uncertainty comes from the top, Morgan and Kelly dont know what the future holds, the players dont know what the future holds and supporters dont know what the future holds.

The uncertainty is killing the club and thats down to Smurth not the players or the supporters.

Last three goals. Pope plays in Turner. Pope scores. Pope wins a header Barnett back heel Worrall scores. Fact.

Pope is not the problem. He's just the latest hate figure for the Smurf fans.

He's a striker playing in league two.

We need goals.

He has one all season.

He's far from the problem but let's not defend him. He's been woeful so far.

Archived