Take a chill pill and stop responding to BS

Thank you, Norman, for having the courtesy to respond to my, shall we say, excitable email.

May I ask whether you are saying that my fears are exaggerated and that John Askey won't be our manager?

That would truly be the best chill pill I could take!

With respect that such a small minded and short term mentality.

We are one of the biggest clubs in our league and have just suffered from three dreadful recent managers.

Hopefully Micky in tandem with Powell or Ainsworth can get us back to where we once belonged

I'm sure Micky will be back after what was said at the game today but not as manager. And if we could get Powell I'd be pretty pleased. Do you really think we will get anyone currently in a job with a League club or one of the "bigger" names that have been mentioned on here??

With respect that such a small minded and short term mentality.

We are one of the biggest clubs in our league and have just suffered from three dreadful recent managers.

Hopefully Micky in tandem with Powell or Ainsworth can get us back to where we once belonged 😉

Well said

I'm sure Micky will be back after what was said at the game today but not as manager. And if we could get Powell I'd be pretty pleased. Do you really think we will get anyone currently in a job with a League club or one of the "bigger" names that have been mentioned on here??

I know one thing for sure, people who mentioned Nigel Pearson's name were clearly crackers or on a wind up!

For the right man (for me Ainsworth if it's to work with Micky as I'd see Coleman as too similar sadly) I think we would be attractive as a step up.

Take a chill pill and stop responding to BS

So Askey isn't being appointed as manager norm? If so let's all breathe a huge sigh of relief. I'm sure you'll appoint the right experienced man to get us out of this mess.

I can't see any manager being happy with Micky Adams breathing down his neck and telling him what to do.

Why not cut the cost of paying Micky and speculate in a proven successful lower league manager?

I can't see any manager being happy with Micky Adams breathing down his neck and telling him what to do.

Why not cut the cost of paying Micky and speculate in a proven successful lower league manager?

This crossed my mind too but maybe Micky's there for Norman's benefit!

Things might have changed now Jean but i dont think Powell had applied upto a couple of days ago and not sure if Askey has been spoken to either,my guess though is if Micky is to be DoF then the manager would have to be younger and less experienced than him to work under him

I'm worried that SMURF is now fixated with having Micky Adams as D.O.F. and to achieve this he is going to have to appoint a lesser/cheaper manager to work with him i.e. Askey.

No doubt appointing a D.O.F in addition to a manager will be expensive.

I'd just be happier if he appointed an experienced manager to get us out of this mess...

If' it's going to be Non-League manager, then he should appoint Aspin, but someone told me Aspin likes it where he is and wouldn't touch Port Vale because of Smurthwaite.
Cant blame him, to manage your home town team and possibly take them back to the football league is a nice steady job.