If he is manager then Smurf has not learnt anything from past mistakes and gone for the cheapest option again.

If it's true I'm done **** it

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Anyone who says a conference manager can't manage football league is very blinkered...Pilkington.. Lowe..Whittaker..Yates on loan are all pros playing at MTFC..he manages then...

Is he the answer is different

Although he wouldn't be my first choice I certainly don't see him as a sure fire disaster, my main reservation is around his lack of league management experience coupled with our current precarious position which demands proven ability. If you really want to panic and worry then think of 'experienced' names such as Dean Saunders, Gary Caudwell, Graham Westley, Ronnie Moore, Justin Edinburgh, etc., etc.

He's a much better option than some mentioned over the last week. If anyone thinks there is a big gap between where we are now and the better non-league teams then they are deluded. He has my support if it happens.

With the exception of a few teams at the top of the national league, Askey will have had little or no experience of the calibre of L1 teams. If he manages the Vale, he will routinely come up against better quality, better organised, and better coached teams and find a different order of professionalism. In short, he will be cutting his teeth as a league manager in situations he hasn't encountered before and all with the pressures of ensuring that we survive as a league club.

This is a risk we cannot afford to take. I don't care how good a manager he is in non-league, he has no proven experience in a setting in which he will be under pressure to succeed. The only answer to our current predicament is to appoint a manager who has the credentials and experience to command respect and the confidence to take on the rest of L1.

A manager who is inexperienced and inexpensive may suit our owner but, despite the advice he is getting, it will show he has learned nothing.

He's a much better option than some mentioned over the last week. If anyone thinks there is a big gap between where we are now and the better non-league teams then they are deluded. He has my support if it happens.

That's the entire point.

Where we are now is not ******* good enough.

We should not be at the bottom of the basement division seeking a non-league manager to keep us there.

We should be seeking a manager with football league promotion experience to get us back towards the top end of league 1 with a future plan in place for promotion back to the Championship where we have almost 50 seasons of history.

I will not accept 'we are where we are' and I feel sorry for anyone who does. I don't mean to insinuate you do but your post was a good opportunity to touch on this.

Edited by Doha

Guest TommyMac
despite the advice he is getting, it will show he has learned nothing.

Wasn't it reported that Smurthwaite would seek the advice of Phil Sproson and PS recommended Askey?

Seems NS chooses the wrong advisors.