onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boycott FGR

Hagrid

Will you attend the FGR game is MB is still manager?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend the FGR game is MB is still manager?

• Yes, I will always go.
    • No, its time to make a statement.

Consider what Pompey fans did when the chips were down through absolutely no fault of theirs. Consider what Luton fans did when put in a similar situation. Orient fans have been utterly shafted, yet maintain their support. Hereford suffered worse than most but regrouped to fight again. Brighton and Bristol Rovers fans both suffered long-term relocation to other grounds.

The point is, all these people had every right to stay away. Every right to walk away and never go back. They (to varying degrees) most likely loathed their owners. But the picture is bigger.

WE are the Vale. The people you go with. The people you see week in, week out. The diehards who find their way to places luke Luton on a Tuesday night. The people you'd have nothing in common with outside of Vale Park.

Smurthwaite isn't Vale. The players are mere employees. The stadium is just our meeting place.

If you're Vale, you'll be there on Saturday.

But surely, there comes a point when loyalty becomes stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Consider what Pompey fans did when the chips were down through absolutely no fault of theirs. Consider what Luton fans did when put in a similar situation. Orient fans have been utterly shafted, yet maintain their support. Hereford suffered worse than most but regrouped to fight again. Brighton and Bristol Rovers fans both suffered long-term relocation to other grounds.

The point is, all these people had every right to stay away. Every right to walk away and never go back. They (to varying degrees) most likely loathed their owners. But the picture is bigger.

WE are the Vale. The people you go with. The people you see week in, week out. The diehards who find their way to places luke Luton on a Tuesday night. The people you'd have nothing in common with outside of Vale Park.

Smurthwaite isn't Vale. The players are mere employees. The stadium is just our meeting place.

If you're Vale, you'll be there on Saturday.

Spot on.

Tranmere went down and are still getting 5,000 fans,support your team through thick and thin,not just in the good times.

UTV.

No Smurf and that failed CEO Garlick must know that what has happened is wrong, Brown must know he is not wanted turning up and happy clapping will not achieve this.

It's no diff for me I av been boycotting Vale for at least 3 years due to how poor it is and FGR will be no different

And I for one Beleive you only get change by removing the customer base to get your message across to a stubborn management

Whilst I didn't quite agree with Smithie that if you're vale you're there on Saturday, I do agree with the sentiment that plenty of other clubs have gone through times like this and worse. Nobody gets relegated and feels happy about it. Some have gone down into non league and come back stronger after a while. Some have dropped further. That's not me being apathetic to the plight we're currently suffering, that's facts. None of them end up playing in an empty stadium. That's why I believe English football as a whole is the best in the world. Fans still love clubs despite of the level they're at.

Football is more than what's in the boardroom and what's on the pitch. Everyone who posts on here, I believe, cares about the vale and wants to see us in a good place. For me it's simple. Go if you want to, don't if you don't. There's no right and wrong and nobody should be berated for either.

With v2001 it was different. If they'd have clung on then the club and everything it stood for would have died then. I blame them for the fact that we have a divided fan base now. The anger and hate that they brought out in supporters was as unforgivable as it was understandable. In my lifetime, those were the darkest days at vale. I still attended but protested after games. I had full admiration and support for those who did boycott and wished I was more like them.

It's not quite the same now though in my opinion. I don't think there is one fan out there who thinks Norman smurthwaite is doing a good job or is good for the club. So the divide is not the same. He's a cretin of the highest order and the day he leaves us cannot come quick enough. I hate the man. But, sadly, I think he can afford to drag this out a lot longer than the previous idiots.

It's no diff for me I av been boycotting Vale for at least 3 years due to how poor it is and FGR will be no different

And I for one Beleive you only get change by removing the customer base to get your message across to a stubborn management

I work in retail atm, and due to sales the company changed its pricing structure and the product on offer to improve sales.

That's whats needed at PVFC. A fair pricing structure and a better product on offer.

As stated before with Stoke City doing so well, and I hate to say this, who would blame younger generations for skipping Port Vale and becoming Stoke fans.

Whilst I didn't quite agree with Smithie that if you're vale you're there on Saturday, I do agree with the sentiment that plenty of other clubs have gone through times like this and worse. Nobody gets relegated and feels happy about it. Some have gone down into non league and come back stronger after a while. Some have dropped further. That's not me being apathetic to the plight we're currently suffering, that's facts. None of them end up playing in an empty stadium. That's why I believe English football as a whole is the best in the world. Fans still love clubs despite of the level they're at.

Football is more than what's in the boardroom and what's on the pitch. Everyone who posts on here, I believe, cares about the vale and wants to see us in a good place. For me it's simple. Go if you want to, don't if you don't. There's no right and wrong and nobody should be berated for either.

With v2001 it was different. If they'd have clung on then the club and everything it stood for would have died then. I blame them for the fact that we have a divided fan base now. The anger and hate that they brought out in supporters was as unforgivable as it was understandable. In my lifetime, those were the darkest days at vale. I still attended but protested after games. I had full admiration and support for those who did boycott and wished I was more like them.

It's not quite the same now though in my opinion. I don't think there is one fan out there who thinks Norman smurthwaite is doing a good job or is good for the club. So the divide is not the same. He's a cretin of the highest order and the day he leaves us cannot come quick enough. I hate the man. But, sadly, I think he can afford to drag this out a lot longer than the previous idiots.

What if he decides drag it out as long as possible then put Port Vale into administration sending Port Vale crashing into non league with that humiliation.

He said he'd considered it before.

What if he decides drag it out as long as possible then put Port Vale into administration sending Port Vale crashing into non league with that humiliation.

He said he'd considered it before.

Indeed. I'm as worried about it as anyone mate and, as I say, hate the guy with a passion. He needs to sell and get out asap no question.

Sadly, I think he's a vile enough specimen that he'd carry it through and see us relegated.

He doesn't give two ***** about port vale.

I don't think there's one vale fan put there who thinks differently of him.

Genuine and honest question, do you believe not going will bring on a sale any quicker?

Im not judging you at all either. It's your choice either way IMO.

Indeed. I'm as worried about it as anyone mate and, as I say, hate the guy with a passion. He needs to sell and get out asap no question.

Sadly, I think he's a vile enough specimen that he'd carry it through and see us relegated.

He doesn't give two ***** about port vale.

I don't think there's one vale fan put there who thinks differently of him.

Genuine and honest question, do you believe not going will bring on a sale any quicker?

Im not judging you at all either. It's your choice either way IMO.

Hmmm I see what you are getting at but turning up and cheering the lads and manager on seems like we are happy. He needs to know the situation is unacceptable.

Hmmm I see what you are getting at but turning up and cheering the lads and manager on seems like we are happy. He needs to know the situation is unacceptable.

See your point too mate, totally. To me, this time around, I just don't see it making a difference.

I honestly don't think Norman smurthwaite gives a **** whether it's acceptable or not. That's why he's done one and left others to deal with it like garlick and fradley. Its not because it's all too much for him, he just plain doesn't care in my opinion.

And I think that's why it's filtering through to so many fans. Just feels hopeless.

Archived