onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dave Felstead Resigns

Memphis

I have no comment to make other than at the present moment in time I am still the RW proxy holder - it has never been owned by the Supporters Club per se.

The obligation was, and still is, that I am a member of the Supporters Club (not necessarilly the committee) and that every effort is made to ascertain the views of as many Vale fans as possible via Open Meetings and electronic means and then vote with the views of the majority of fans (i.e. not to use the proxy for my own purposes).

Over the recent past some people have both made direct contact with RW's representatives and also through the SC committee to clarify / change the proxy arrangements.

It was agreed at the last SC committee meeting that we would still ascertain the views of fans on Perry Deakin's appointment to the Board even though he had already gained the minimum vote needed.

A member of the SC committee set up the electronic voting system and we agreed that a poll would be undertaken at last Friday's match by the SC committee members (as I was going to be in Switzerland on business). Apparently this poll did not take place due to approval not arriving with the new SC Chairman from the club in time.

A vote now needs to be undertaken in relation to Peter Miller's appointment and the electronic version is now in place and I will be contacting the new SC Chairman tonight to request volunteers to assist with this poll before Saturday's match with Morecambe. Additionally, I will be posting on OVF a request for volunteers to meet me in the Bull's Head and conduct the poll at the ground between 2.30pm and 3pm.

I am now very much at the stage where if agitators continue to rest the RW proxy away then I will simply notify RW's representatives that I no longer wish to be the proxy holder - then it will be up to them to decide whether or not to re-issue it.

I worked to obtain the proxy for the benefit of all fans not myself. Since that time I have personally dedicated a not inconsiderable amount of time in administering, promoting and consulting with fans to ascertain their views.

It is very disappointing that I have received no criticism of my use of the proxy from RW's representatives other than quite recently a 'reminder' that it is not my personal opinion that counts. To which I reconfirmed with them that it never has been and never will be my intention to use the proxy other than in the way they intended.

I have chosen to resign from the SC committee following the criticism received for attending a meeting with the Board alone when submitting the 'questions to the Board' about Blue Sky.

I wish to place on record my personal thanks to Mike Lloyd and Perry Deakin for the very positive manner in which they have reacted to the ideas I placed before them whilst SC Chair which have resulted in their agreement of a Supporter elected Director and more recently an agreement to introduce a Student rate season ticket next season.

I will not be making any public statements other than this one no matter whether or not I believe replies to be truthful or accurate.

Regards,

Dave Felstead

Advert

Fair play Dave.

Some folk want to take a look at themselves. As a pro change person myself, I can't help but wonder if some folk are thriving on creating mischief or will simply never be happy until we really hit the brown stuff in order to say 'I told you so.'

Compromise is the way of life. I'm sure most folk wanted greater change than we have, and probably were in favour of alternatives to what we have.

However we have what we have, and for the time being, we should be trying to see if that works and trying to reunite behind the team.

Yes, what has happened may well explode in all our faces and we will have to pick up the pieces. Equally, we may well end up seeing everything promised being delivered.

I appreciate that it is tough to take a leap of faith given the precedent of the last 8 years however what choice do we have?

It is time to stop with petty in fighting and to get behind the team. After all, isn't that what football is meant to be about?

I have no comment to make other than at the present moment in time I am still the RW proxy holder - it has never been owned by the Supporters Club per se.

The obligation was, and still is, that I am a member of the Supporters Club (not necessarilly the committee) and that every effort is made to ascertain the views of as many Vale fans as possible via Open Meetings and electronic means and then vote with the views of the majority of fans (i.e. not to use the proxy for my own purposes).

Over the recent past some people have both made direct contact with RW's representatives and also through the SC committee to clarify / change the proxy arrangements.

It was agreed at the last SC committee meeting that we would still ascertain the views of fans on Perry Deakin's appointment to the Board even though he had already gained the minimum vote needed.

A member of the SC committee set up the electronic voting system and we agreed that a poll would be undertaken at last Friday's match by the SC committee members (as I was going to be in Switzerland on business). Apparently this poll did not take place due to approval not arriving with the new SC Chairman from the club in time.

A vote now needs to be undertaken in relation to Peter Miller's appointment and the electronic version is now in place and I will be contacting the new SC Chairman tonight to request volunteers to assist with this poll before Saturday's match with Morecambe. Additionally, I will be posting on OVF a request for volunteers to meet me in the Bull's Head and conduct the poll at the ground between 2.30pm and 3pm.

I am now very much at the stage where if agitators continue to rest the RW proxy away then I will simply notify RW's representatives that I no longer wish to be the proxy holder - then it will be up to them to decide whether or not to re-issue it.

I worked to obtain the proxy for the benefit of all fans not myself. Since that time I have personally dedicated a not inconsiderable amount of time in administering, promoting and consulting with fans to ascertain their views.

It is very disappointing that I have received no criticism of my use of the proxy from RW's representatives other than quite recently a 'reminder' that it is not my personal opinion that counts. To which I reconfirmed with them that it never has been and never will be my intention to use the proxy other than in the way they intended.

I have chosen to resign from the SC committee following the criticism received for attending a meeting with the Board alone when submitting the 'questions to the Board' about Blue Sky.

I wish to place on record my personal thanks to Mike Lloyd and Perry Deakin for the very positive manner in which they have reacted to the ideas I placed before them whilst SC Chair which have resulted in their agreement of a Supporter elected Director and more recently an agreement to introduce a Student rate season ticket next season.

I will not be making any public statements other than this one no matter whether or not I believe replies to be truthful or accurate.

Regards,

Dave Felstead

That's a bloomin' long "no comment", Dave! ;)

Hang on. This thread is getting ridiculous.

Dave has been instrumental in the fight for change but also has done some things that have quite rightly upset many fans that campaigned so hard and it's not right to hit out at those that had every right to call in to question some of Dave's actions.

It's sad that this is being publicly opened up again now but behind the scenes much has happened and it is not all Dave = right / those that questioned his methods = wrong. It's pretty offensive for the rest of the movement for change that some view Dave as the main catalyst.

Depending on the shares controlled by the new board... I doubt the proxy is worth the paper its printed on... it carries no weight in the boardroom anyway.

I pity the poor sod who gets lumbered with the nomination as the supporters rep

Yes,am afraid who ever gets the nomination will get the same stick as Dave got,Who ever takes over from DAVE will no dout get the same treatment ..... :(

Movement for change? Why are you still talking about this Bede as we have change.

The real issue here is the "movement for Mo". It seems like for some it was Mo or no-one. Quite why you are not moaning about Mo for not offering RL the full value for his shares or having private meetings with people, yet when it comes to DF the man who actually gave the very fans you claim needed a view, power - some people want stab him in the back all because they didn't get their way.

To quote a statement from a pro Mo member who sent me a PM "we're doing it for you". Well this constant battle sounds to me more about personal agendas now and some people will not leave off.

Thanks Dave for everything that you've done at one point or another, you'll be sadly missed from the committee.

I hope that you continue to hold RW's proxy vote and use it for the good of all fans, as you have so far (apart from the Micky Adams vote where it wasn't used). As for it being given to the SC and not Dave, I don't blame RW's representatives for giving it to Dave and not the SC committee. They will want to know it's being held by someone they can trust and not just anyone elected whom they have no control over and no idea if they can trust them or not.

Movement for change? Why are you still talking about this Bede as we have change.

The real issue here is the "movement for Mo". It seems like for some it was Mo or no-one. Quite why you are not moaning about Mo for not offering RL the full value for his shares or having private meetings with people, yet when it comes to DF the man who actually gave the very fans you claim needed a view, power - some people want stab him in the back all because they didn't get their way.

To quote a statement from a pro Mo member who sent me a PM "we're doing it for you". Well this constant battle sounds to me more about personal agendas now and some people will not leave off.

You've completely missed what I'm saying!

We have change. We've abandoned all protest and pro-change movements. My point is that people are quick to criticise those that disagreed with Dave F without really knowing anything about what he had done behind the scenes that created big splits amongst the change campaigners during our active campaigns. I'm just stating that it's not right to blindly have a go at people as you don't know the full facts. I'm just looking for fairness for those that had justification in calling into question some of the things that happened.

I find it sad that some damn good people are getting criticised because people view Dave Felstead as the main figurehead for change and those that dare criticise him are wrong to do so.

They weren't and some of the comments are over the top and unjustified.

Mo's gone. Forget about that chapter.

Archived