onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dave Felstead Resigns

Memphis

Movement for change? Why are you still talking about this Bede as we have change.

The real issue here is the "movement for Mo". It seems like for some it was Mo or no-one. Quite why you are not moaning about Mo for not offering RL the full value for his shares or having private meetings with people, yet when it comes to DF the man who actually gave the very fans you claim needed a view, power - some people want stab him in the back all because they didn't get their way.

To quote a statement from a pro Mo member who sent me a PM "we're doing it for you". Well this constant battle sounds to me more about personal agendas now and some people will not leave off.

Once again, you clearly demonstrate no grasp of the situation whatsoever.

Advert

Could someone please clarify who holds and is responsible for the RW proxy........My initial understanding was that DaveF was instrumental in getting it for the PVFCSC..........Am i missing something here. :unsure:

I believe Dave F holds the proxy as long as he remains a member of the Supporters Club, with the instruction that he uses the vote as supporters wish for it to be used. Could be wrong mind you.

Dave F holds it but as a condition he must remain a member of the SC. I believe it is registered at another SC member's address though.

I think NLV were instrumental in obtaining the proxy with Dave, along with no shortage of pushiness from Caroline Oakes prompting people on here to bombard Robbie's people.

I have no comment to make other than at the present moment in time I am still the RW proxy holder - it has never been owned by the Supporters Club per se.

The obligation was, and still is, that I am a member of the Supporters Club (not necessarilly the committee) and that every effort is made to ascertain the views of as many Vale fans as possible via Open Meetings and electronic means and then vote with the views of the majority of fans (i.e. not to use the proxy for my own purposes).

Over the recent past some people have both made direct contact with RW's representatives and also through the SC committee to clarify / change the proxy arrangements.

It was agreed at the last SC committee meeting that we would still ascertain the views of fans on Perry Deakin's appointment to the Board even though he had already gained the minimum vote needed.

A member of the SC committee set up the electronic voting system and we agreed that a poll would be undertaken at last Friday's match by the SC committee members (as I was going to be in Switzerland on business). Apparently this poll did not take place due to approval not arriving with the new SC Chairman from the club in time.

A vote now needs to be undertaken in relation to Peter Miller's appointment and the electronic version is now in place and I will be contacting the new SC Chairman tonight to request volunteers to assist with this poll before Saturday's match with Morecambe. Additionally, I will be posting on OVF a request for volunteers to meet me in the Bull's Head and conduct the poll at the ground between 2.30pm and 3pm.

I am now very much at the stage where if agitators continue to rest the RW proxy away then I will simply notify RW's representatives that I no longer wish to be the proxy holder - then it will be up to them to decide whether or not to re-issue it.

I worked to obtain the proxy for the benefit of all fans not myself. Since that time I have personally dedicated a not inconsiderable amount of time in administering, promoting and consulting with fans to ascertain their views.

It is very disappointing that I have received no criticism of my use of the proxy from RW's representatives other than quite recently a 'reminder' that it is not my personal opinion that counts. To which I reconfirmed with them that it never has been and never will be my intention to use the proxy other than in the way they intended.

I have chosen to resign from the SC committee following the criticism received for attending a meeting with the Board alone when submitting the 'questions to the Board' about Blue Sky.

I wish to place on record my personal thanks to Mike Lloyd and Perry Deakin for the very positive manner in which they have reacted to the ideas I placed before them whilst SC Chair which have resulted in their agreement of a Supporter elected Director and more recently an agreement to introduce a Student rate season ticket next season.

I will not be making any public statements other than this one no matter whether or not I believe replies to be truthful or accurate.

Regards,

Dave Felstead

So much to say in reply but it probably won't be truthful or accurate so I'm not sure I should bother - but I will :rolleyes:

Dave, I'd guess YOU secured the SC director role because you prevented other members of the committee from attending with you, you said talks regarding the RW proxy had nothing to do with the SC so you had absolutely no intention of being accompanied on those meetings with Lloyd & Deakin and you also rearranged another meeting the committee said you must attend with someone else so they couldn't and then YOU personally decided no one else was suitable to attend such a meeting with you, you then spent the day as guest of PD and ML, watched the match with them in the directors box and then proclaimed your love for them on here backed up by your decision to buy a season ticket. The Mother of all U-Turns by anybody's standards.

Dave, I'd personally like to thank you for all your hard work and its a great loss to the SC to lose such a passionate fan, however, I personally feel that it's a good decision and one that will help unite fans because Dave has IMHO become a larger than life figure, was divisive for some fans and clearly struggled to work as a part of a team which the SC needs to do.

Congratulations to all of the idiots who brought this resignation about. Lets see you put yourselves forward for the vacant position for no pay or other remuneration.

Dave, thanks for your hard work. You have been instrumental in bringing about positive change at the club and you can leave with your head held high.

Good post, Dave many thanks for your endless hard work and dedication.....:yes:

You've completely missed what I'm saying!

We have change. We've abandoned all protest and pro-change movements. My point is that people are quick to criticise those that disagreed with Dave F without really knowing anything about what he had done behind the scenes that created big splits amongst the change campaigners during our active campaigns. I'm just stating that it's not right to blindly have a go at people as you don't know the full facts. I'm just looking for fairness for those that had justification in calling into question some of the things that happened.

I find it sad that some damn good people are getting criticised because people view Dave Felstead as the main figurehead for change and those that dare criticise him are wrong to do so.

They weren't and some of the comments are over the top and unjustified.

Mo's gone. Forget about that chapter.

Bede, there is criticism, which for what it's worth I think Dave brought on himself, and there is a public and private vilification.

IMHO the criticism went over the top when folk started getting in touch with RW's people.

Dave wasn't the sole person involved in bringing about change, hundreds of folk were involved, if not more. He was however one of the bigger characters involved, and I think it is sad all round that it has come to this.

I hope this isn't a case of - it's my ball..

If Dave's the one who was given the proxy, and it was specified by RW's representatives that it was going to him to act on the wishes of the fans, then he's got every right to do that as it is his ball so to speak.

If Dave's the one who was given the proxy, and it was specified by RW's representatives that it was going to him to act on the wishes of the fans, then he's got every right to do that as it is his ball so to speak.

in which case why does he have to remain a member of the SC?

If i went to the local football fields with a ball and started a game of 11 a side with some lads i knew, but then proceeded to pick up my ball and run home, just because a team mate accused me of being a greedy player, then i would expect to be chased.

I'm not saying this is the case, just merely hoping it's not.

Archived