onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dave Felstead Resigns

Memphis

Simple question, do you believe that DF used, and will continue to use, the RW proxy with the will of the majority of the supporters or with his own opinion and views?

I trust Dave implicitly. I also find him a rather aggravating *** at times and I have told him as much. Is that OK with you??

Advert

I have seen one email that was sent to RW's PA and it was merely pleasantries asking how they were and for clarification on the use of the proxy and all I can say is the reply to that email differed from what DaveF was saying which just added to the confusion. I'm not aware of anyone from the SC committee contacting them as DF seemed to suggest earlier

I'd agree with Bede's version of events here. It's not as black and white as some people might think.

Dave has done a hell of a lot to get a lot of things moving in the right direction, from the Roy Sproson statue to getting hold of the RW proxy, making sure it was all watertight and getting the board to crap themselves and forcing them to embrace change.

Dave is a doer and a bluddy minded individual who works well on his own initiative. Unfortunately that seems to have lead to his resignation in the end, as some of the issues with the other members of the SC committee were caused by him making his own mind up and pressing ahead with one or two things without going through the proper channels first.

Dave is somebody who has always got the Vale at heart and always made his decisions with the best of intentions. It's a shame that he feels he can no longer work within the structure of a committee and I hope this will all be water under the bridge by the time the Sproson Statue is unveiled.

Feel free to continually drip insinuations without base of fact.

You mean like DF did when he said

I will not be making any public statements other than this one no matter whether or not I believe replies to be truthful or accurate.

I know what I asked him via pm. No insinuations, no drip feeding.

Looks like we are going to be waiting a long time for these FACTS in that case as that comment just drops more insinuations.

I do love innocent until proven guilty except when it relates to the extremists on OVF! :razz:

I'm off to find a thread with less hatred and give Dave a great big hug :D

Looks like we are going to be waiting a long time for these FACTS in that case as that comment just drops more insinuations.

I do love innocent until proven guilty except when it relates to the extremists on OVF! :razz:

I'm off to find a thread with less hatred and give Dave a great big hug :D

Talking of extremes, can I just point out that there is absolutely no hatred on this thread at all. There are simply different interpretations of events - some made by people with greater knowledge of the situation than others.

Personally, I think Santa has summed up the situation best.

Has anyone bothered to ascertain fact before going behind his back to RW's people to insinuate there were issues with Dave?

B&G, NLV, SEO and DF were on the same email circulation list. We shared information and discussed strategies. When we wanted to get something in the public domain and Dave counselled against it, we acquiesced. Sadly, this was not a two way street. But, hey, why let fact get in the way of your opinion.

Archived