onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dave Felstead Resigns

Memphis

Advert

Well at least I'm not like the Mo lovers on here who will stab their leader in the back all because 1 man didn't take over. That's what it's all about for some - they wanted Mo and would not be happy until he arrived.

You really don't think do you? Mo hasn't had anything to do with it since the EGM, get over your fetish.

Your argument is based on your hatred of the pro-change movement and not on events. Don't let actual factual evidence get in the way of coming to your extreme conclusions, it's never stopped you before.

You make it sound as though they did something wrong.....

In my opinion they did.

STrange how no one required the clarification of the proxy holder when Dave was 100% anti board and was trying to oust them at the EGM (as far as i'm aware even staunch pro-board people did attempt to contact Robbie on this) however as soon as Dave shows a willingness to compromise and return to VP clarification is need on who owns the proxy.

The only conclusion i can come to is certain people were concerned that Dave was going to vote with the board, regardless of how the majority of the fans voted...ergo questioning his integtrity. He has always stated that, regardless of his own personal opinion, he will use the proxy in line with the wishes of the majority. I have no reason to doubt him therefore i don't see why this clarification direct from Robbie was required.

In my opinion they did.

STrange how no one required the clarification of the proxy holder when Dave was 100% anti board and was trying to oust them at the EGM (as far as i'm aware even staunch pro-board people did attempt to contact Robbie on this) however as soon as Dave shows a willingness to compromise and return to VP clarification is need on who owns the proxy.

The only conclusion i can come to is certain people were concerned that Dave was going to vote with the board, regardless of how the majority of the fans voted...ergo questioning his integtrity. He has always stated that, regardless of his own personal opinion, he will use the proxy in line with the wishes of the majority. I have no reason to doubt him therefore i don't see why this clarification direct from Robbie was required.

You could be close to THE TRUTH George .. we all know how some are/were getting paranoid at anything that comes out on OVF ..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The reality is whether you chose to acknowledge this is that Dave was a late addition to the pro change movement. Much was done to get the proxy from RW well before DF was nominated, I repeat nominated to hold it as he was a high profile respected fan who had always worked with the best interests of the club at heart.

He chose to go it alone and ignore those who nominated him as barer of the proxy and neglected his very personal policy of consultation. The SC was dead in the water before the EGM and it was the pro change movement that ignited the SC from the doldrums. I think the pro change firmly believed that the SC should hold the proxy rather than the any other campaign group for obvious reasons.

The main axe was that Dave wasn't interested in working as a team, group or committee, this breaks all his own rules. He used it to snuggle up to PD and ML of which no one else from the SC was allowed to do, again breaking all SC etiquette and operational policy. As someone who is on numerous committees (fans, residential and community) this is completely unacceptable.

The reality is whether you chose to acknowledge this is that Dave was a late addition to the pro change movement. Much was done to get the proxy from RW well before DF was nominated, I repeat nominated to hold it as he was a high profile respected fan who had always worked with the best interests of the club at heart.

He chose to go it alone and ignore those who nominated him as barer of the proxy and neglected his very personal policy of consultation. The SC was dead in the water before the EGM and it was the pro change movement that ignited the SC from the doldrums. I think the pro change firmly believed that the SC should hold the proxy rather than the any other campaign group for obvious reasons.

The main axe was that Dave wasn't interested in working as a team, group or committee, this breaks all his own rules. He used it to snuggle up to PD and ML of which no one else from the SC was allowed to do, again breaking all SC etiquette and operational policy. As someone who is on numerous committees (fans, residential and community) this is completely unacceptable.

Not by all it would seem ....... did we have I poll to say if DAVE should resign ?:unsure:

What a shower we are.

Shows why the SC has always been a laughing stock. You had a guy with the backing of the majority of the fans acting to give us (not you) a voice and you've forced him out. It's always been about petty politics and grudges against those in power rather than trying to build a working relationship with the club and improve things for the majority.

I'll take no further part in a SC run by the likes of some on here that are so desperate to keep conflict going.

George, one question, how did you know that Dave F(personally) held RW proxy and not the SC? BECAUSE neither DF or RW people wanted that to be public knowledge.

The pro-change group(s) did not feel that such information should be with-held from the fans but did as DF requested, it's just unfortunate that Dave didn't always show the same respect when the shoe was on the other foot.

George, one question, how did you know that Dave F(personally) held RW proxy and not the SC? BECAUSE neither DF or RW people wanted that to be public knowledge.

The pro-change group(s) did not feel that such information should be with-held from the fans but did as DF requested, it's just unfortunate that Dave didn't always show the same respect when the shoe was on the other foot.

I can't remember exactly where i came to that way of thinking Caroline, just an opinion formed from his posts on here and watching videos of him speaking. I was always under the impression that he held it on behalf of the supporters club. This always made sense to me as RW's people obviously trust him. Should it be held just by the 'chair', and the chair changed to someone they do not know then they have no control over £250k worth of shares, which is obviously a situation that they would not be happy with or allow.

Maybe i just put 2 & 2 together and, for once, actually got 4!

I can't remember exactly where i came to that way of thinking Caroline, just an opinion formed from his posts on here and watching videos of him speaking. I was always under the impression that he held it on behalf of the supporters club. This always made sense to me as RW's people obviously trust him. Should it be held just by the 'chair', and the chair changed to someone they do not know then they have no control over £250k worth of shares, which is obviously a situation that they would not be happy with or allow.

Maybe i just put 2 & 2 together and, for once, actually got 4!

I believe that the letters sent to RW's people merely sought clarification of this and not to question the integrity of DF.

What a shower we are.

Shows why the SC has always been a laughing stock. You had a guy with the backing of the majority of the fans acting to give us (not you) a voice and you've forced him out. It's always been about petty politics and grudges against those in power rather than trying to build a working relationship with the club and improve things for the majority.

I'll take no further part in a SC run by the likes of some on here that are so desperate to keep conflict going.

The SC was dead and buried before before the pro-change movement started last December. I attended a meeting at the Leopard in August during the Mike Newton talks where there were only 30 people there. Dave Felstead was not. It was not until May, when the proxy had been secured, that anyone even mentioned the SC being resurrected. Many people did the groundwork in securing the proxy before DF was nominated. Why is it that ALL these people are unable to question DF without being castigated?

Archived