onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

8-6 vale. 6-1 down then ref sends two of their players off with 15mins go we get a penog make it 6-2 pope goes off Pyke comes on scores 5 and with seconds go there defender does an overhead kick back to his goalie from the halfway line over the keeper who runs back towards goal only to trip over his lace the ball hits the bar comes down hits the goalie on the head trickles over the line. The game is talked about for years to come!!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

you been on the cider with Vale fan in Alsager? :unsure:

Advert

In one of the early home games last season (can't remember which but it was when we were doing well), I'm sure we stuck him there in the 2nd half & he had a cracking game. Not a bad idea.

I'm surprised we've not played him down the left in the last couple of games. Looked like the only threat we had vs Fleetwood and definitelty has the ability to beat a man and get a cross over?

Travelling West for this Brown, Everyone hopes you've started to gel your men and put some fire in their bellies, if not I'm sure the sword of Damocles hangs over you, or fate forbid and its a dismal loss you commit Hari-kari or fall on your sword, whichever is the best because this is the gunfight at the Ok corral and you aren't no Wyatt Earp, Just saying, just in case you read OVF, jury's out.

Here's a question;

On the day of the nearest thing to a local derby, would you as a player for the home team hope to

a) see and hear the fans backing you from the kick-off, singing their hearts out, forgive any mistakes you make and generally do their best to give us the best chance of bragging rights until the next game..or

b) Negate any home advantage by booing, jeering mistakes, letting the away team make all the moves and their fans make all the noise, and generally be mardarses?

Don't post anything sensible on here, smithie, you'll get sent to Coventry (and they're almost as bad as us!)

We need to give the management and the players time to bed in and to gel. With so many new lads [and injuries too] it will be a while before we see a settled XI on the pitch. Moaning and groaning after 3 league games is utterly ridiculous. Get behind the team and let's see where we are by January. That will be the time to review our form, not now. Rome wasn't built in a day and after the last 18 months we badly need some stability and time to put the Club back on the rails.

Here's a question;

On the day of the nearest thing to a local derby, would you as a player for the home team hope to

a) see and hear the fans backing you from the kick-off, singing their hearts out, forgive any mistakes you make and generally do their best to give us the best chance of bragging rights until the next game..or

b) Negate any home advantage by booing, jeering mistakes, letting the away team make all the moves and their fans make all the noise, and generally be mardarses?

Let's make the Crewe fans ears ache in support of our team!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Good post Smithie .

I want see from the first whistle a winning mentality from those who r chosen .

If a ball is to be won u win it .

U chase Crewe all over the pitch and never give them a second .

The signing of Worrall has made a game i wasnt particularly looking forwards to a game i am now looking forwards to.

I think Vale will win 2-1Pope and whitfield for us and Porter for them.

I certainly hope so as im awake till 5a.m the next morning as down Newcastle watching the big fight later .

Lets c the Vale fighting thats the least we expect and deserve.

Here's a question;

Since when does the match start with booing and jeering? The reason they've been booed is that they've not been good enough. Please don't tell me you were clapping them off at half time against Wycombe?

At the start the fans will be behind the lads obviously. It's up to the players to perform and at least put effort in. If they at least try they will have the backing of the fans, it's that simple.

I'll go 0 0 for this game. Sadly I'll be relieved and pleased if that's the result!

Not sure I will, we really need a win to silence the Brown-haters, and what better team to do it against than Crewe. An entertaining draw would be ok, if we show promise, but a well-earned three points would go a long way to changing the overly dark and uncalled for pessimism that spreads like one of Martina's holiday souveniers.

Going to be a real difficult game, their front three will cause us trouble and I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. Not sure what happened in terms of porter as I know we were looking at him and he's certainly hit the ground running with 4 goals in 5 games.

Personnely, and not want to be pessimistic I'm going for a score draw.

Crossing my fingers and everything else for a Vale win tomorrow, just hope the Vale team that beat Crawley shows up.

We need to play better than we did in the game against Crawley, yes we won the game but we rode our luck and Crewe are a lot better side than what Crawley are. If we play at a similar level, we will do well to get a draw.

My team would be;

Hornby

Wilson

Smith

Kay

Denton

Whitfield

Tonge

Worrall

DeFreitas

Pope

Turner

Not sure I will, we really need a win to silence the Brown-haters, and what better team to do it against than Crewe. An entertaining draw would be ok, if we show promise, but a well-earned three points would go a long way to changing the overly dark and uncalled for pessimism that spreads like one of Martina's holiday souveniers.

'To silence the brown haters'. Deary me.

Archived