onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

He's quite skilful on the ball and did have a few great cameo appearances (like Reg) from the subs bench last year.

The issue with him is the final product. It's ok running around and looking good in possession, with a nice left foot, but he's got to contribute more - to get in the box, set up more chances and score a few himself. That has to be his aim and his role in the team as an attacking midfield player.

Advert

Ok with Worrall signed I would like to see this team:

Hornby

Wilson

Kay

Smith

Denton

Whitfield

Tonge

Worrall

De Freitas

Pope

Pyke

Harness and Montano not done enough to start. ADF gives a more solid option with Whitfield on the other flank. Along with Denton he is the only positive of last 2 games.

Reeves and Turner to drop out-both completely anonymous at chesterfield. Pyke has only had one league start so worth another go.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I'd swap Harness for ADF and consider Turner for Pyke. I hope of of the center midfield stay behind the ball at all times to protect against counter-attacks.

I'd want ADF to succeed at VP but am unsure he will, no doubt he can dribble and has an engine but he doesn't seem to have a defense splitting pass in him or make the right decisions.

Put ADF with the ball at his feet in the same position as Chesterfield No8 last week for their first goal, a 2 on 1 situation, chances are he's screw it up. Also, ADF found himself on the left edge/side of Chesterfield's box last week with the ball at his feet, he hit a good shot but wide of the far post, a left footer shooting from that angle is shooting at 4 yds of goal due to the angle and curve on the ball, better to have dinked a cross for Pope or Pyke or slid in a cross behind the defenders. It's stuff like this that differentiates between a good lge 1/2 footballer and a not so good one.

8-6 vale. 6-1 down then ref sends two of their players off with 15mins go we get a penog make it 6-2 pope goes off Pyke comes on scores 5 and with seconds go there defender does an overhead kick back to his goalie from the halfway line over the keeper who runs back towards goal only to trip over his lace the ball hits the bar comes down hits the goalie on the head trickles over the line. The game is talked about for years to come!!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

And many dont(including me)consider it a derby.However,I think it will be a comfortable win for the Vale,2-0.

Right now I'm not so sure, but I hope you're right!

I do realise that Stoke are our main, however it's pretty hard to deny that although not a direct derby game, they are pretty much our next biggest rivals & for the vast majority I'd say it means a lot more than a normal game (hence the bigger crowds too).

I'd swap Harness for ADF and consider Turner for Pyke. I hope of of the center midfield stay behind the ball at all times to protect against counter-attacks.

I'd want ADF to succeed at VP but am unsure he will, no doubt he can dribble and has an engine but he doesn't seem to have a defense splitting pass in him or make the right decisions.

Put ADF with the ball at his feet in the same position as Chesterfield No8 last week for their first goal, a 2 on 1 situation, chances are he's screw it up. Also, ADF found himself on the left edge/side of Chesterfield's box last week with the ball at his feet, he hit a good shot but wide of the far post, a left footer shooting from that angle is shooting at 4 yds of goal due to the angle and curve on the ball, better to have dinked a cross for Pope or Pyke or slid in a cross behind the defenders. It's stuff like this that differentiates between a good lge 1/2 footballer and a not so good one.

I actually think De Freitas could make a decent wing back. He's got pace, a good engine and he doesn't mind a tackle either.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I actually think De Freitas could make a decent wing back. He's got pace, a good engine and he doesn't mind a tackle either.

In one of the early home games last season (can't remember which but it was when we were doing well), I'm sure we stuck him there in the 2nd half & he had a cracking game. Not a bad idea.

Interesting to hear last night at supporters meeting, that the Social Club is open to both sets of fans and the Fanzone will operate again on Hamil carpark next to Academy for BOTH sets of fans.

Surprised about this, there'll be a mass of security in/around the social I assume.

In one of the early home games last season (can't remember which but it was when we were doing well), I'm sure we stuck him there in the 2nd half & he had a cracking game. Not a bad idea.

He played left back in some reserve games too I think.

If we ever went with a 3-5-2 formation then I think Denton is the better option as the left wing back.

Interesting to hear last night at supporters meeting, that the Social Club is open to both sets of fans and the Fanzone will operate again on Hamil carpark next to Academy for BOTH sets of fans.

I think the Fanzone is in the gym tomorrow because the extra car park space is needed.

Archived