Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Crewe Alex

Fosse69

I'd agree with that. On paper a very strong side for this league. It includes all our best players, with no square pegs in round holes. As long as the wide men support pope when the balk is on the opposite flank as well as Whitfield pushing forward to support as well.

Hopefully Whitfield can be more disciplined than last week where I felt he did too much pointless running and chesterfield played around him. I haven't seen much of stobbs but to be honest I thought turner was poor on the wing for us last week which is why I didn't put him in my ideal 11 for tomorrow.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brown out!

Brown out!

Brown out!

Brown out!

Brown out!

Brown out!

Brown out!

Brown out!

Brown out!

Black out!

Black out!

Black out!

Black out!

Black out!

Black out!

Black out!

Black out!

Hurricane Harvey ,which could be a good name for an up and at 'em center forward.

Hopefully Whitfield can be more disciplined than last week where I felt he did too much pointless running and chesterfield played around him. I haven't seen much of stobbs but to be honest I thought turner was poor on the wing for us last week which is why I didn't put him in my ideal 11 for tomorrow.

If he did play that team though, it would show how ridiculous our scatter gun transfer policy has been, when there is now no room in the starting eleven for the two players who were originally brought in to play on the wings (montano and harness).

If he did play that team though, it would show how ridiculous our scatter gun transfer policy has been, when there is now no room in the starting eleven for the two players who were originally brought in to play on the wings (montano and harness).

I put harness in there and I've assumed montano is injured.

I'd agree with that. On paper a very strong side for this league. It includes all our best players, with no square pegs in round holes. As long as the wide men support pope when the balk is on the opposite flank as well as Whitfield pushing forward to support as well.

Don't think Worral will make the squad today.

Lose convincingly today and Brown has to go for me. No excuses. We've managed to assemble a decent, though unbalanced, squad for this league and Brown has absolutely no idea how to get the best from his players. It's not just the consecutive losses, but more to do with the performances. The team has no shape and no identity other than hoof it towards Pope and hope for the best. No other league side would go near him if he did leave Vale which is a decent indication of him being a dog **** manager.

Originally Posted by PV1973

Hornby

Wilson ---- smith --- Kay --- Denton

Tonge --- Worrell

Harness ----- Whitfield --- stobbs

Pope

Agree with this formation but would change Wilson personally until he gets up to speed,would change for gunning who would give more bite,

the 3 behind pope should be attack minded leaving 7 players behind them with tongue/worrell supporting forward when need helping save tongues legs , need a player to attack edge of box behind the play-

A couple of local lads in crewes side with vale connections & will be interesting to see how they have progressed if they get game time with ryan wintle (signed from alsager town think his granddad frank made 1 senior appearance for vale)and oliver finney (son of kevin)

Think if we can play most of the game like first half of crawley, last 5mins v Wycombe and first 20 v chesterfield we will win comfortably if not can see a 1-1 draw porter for them, whitfield for us

Archived