onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

seems I was wrong...

Burt

No, they weren't. You did good and it's a fact: Gannon (and Exodus) never got a fair chance here. Vale fans are/were so obsessed with "Adams is/was a Messiah" so there was just no room for objectivity.

"Players play for us and ignore the manager anyway" after a win or good result (2:2 vs Shrewsbury) and "hate HIS tactics and HE will cost us promotion" after every mistake just as an example. Sorry to say but WE are pathetic... and that's the conclusion. ****ing Sunday League mentality.

and 'yes' I think we can kiss the promotion goodbye now (but to be honest I had my doubts all season long... already with Adams in charge. I thought the players were overperforming and we were lucky on many occasions. But what do I know, right? I came to Stoke 3 years ago and decided to support a league 2 team, rather than a Premier League side hehe.)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Advert

...thinking gannon wasn't as big an issue as he turned out to be. I tried to see past people jumping on him as soon as he joined the club, and genuinely enjoyed the 4 games I saw under his management, but he was just at the wrong club at the wrong time. he just wasn't the man to come into a promotion chasing side. there's a good manager in there - a nutter, but a good manager.

anyway, I'm glad he's gone now as we can all be on the same side on the pitch. it's exciting again, I'm half tempted to fork out for the trip up in saturday and stay for the protest. let's not get carried away, though.

so, apologies to bede, spunkers, and anyone else I may have got impatient with - turns out you were probably right all along.

I was with you in backing gonenon for the soul reason HE WAS our manager and I will back the next manager and I wont say I was wrong to back him,when he came he did seem the right man at the time but at times even I was having douts but stuck by him .....

still don't agree with your thread after one league game calling for his head.

He was never given a chance from day one more so by the staff than anyone I dont think anyone could be a success under those conditions ,time will tell if hes a crap manager or not but its best for everyone that hes moved on.

No, they weren't. You did good and it's a fact: Gannon (and Exodus) never got a fair chance here. Vale fans are/were so obsessed with "Adams is/was a Messiah" so there was just no room for objectivity.

"Players play for us and ignore the manager anyway" after a win or good result (2:2 vs Shrewsbury) and "hate HIS tactics and HE will cost us promotion" after every mistake just as an example. Sorry to say but WE are pathetic... and that's the conclusion. ****ing Sunday League mentality.

and 'yes' I think we can kiss the promotion goodbye now (but to be honest I had my doubts all season long... already with Adams in charge. I thought the players were overperforming and we were lucky on many occasions. But what do I know, right? I came to Stoke 3 years ago and decided to support a league 2 team, rather than a Premier League side hehe.)

You forgot the smiley that shows you aren't serious.

:unsure:

But in case you are... we DID support Gannon - he started being a pen's to all and sundry. Remember Crewe when he asked Gradi if he'd swap squads?

We didn't start the abuse of him - he started the abuse of all that had been achieved at this club before him, and we responded in kind.

...thinking gannon wasn't as big an issue as he turned out to be. I tried to see past people jumping on him as soon as he joined the club, and genuinely enjoyed the 4 games I saw under his management, but he was just at the wrong club at the wrong time. he just wasn't the man to come into a promotion chasing side. there's a good manager in there - a nutter, but a good manager.

anyway, I'm glad he's gone now as we can all be on the same side on the pitch. it's exciting again, I'm half tempted to fork out for the trip up in saturday and stay for the protest. let's not get carried away, though.

so, apologies to bede, spunkers, and anyone else I may have got impatient with - turns out you were probably right all along.

Football is a matter of opinion Burt (hence OVF) so no need to apologise.

His problem was purely and simply deciding straight away, he wanted to change the way we did just about everything under Adams. This included the players, tactics, formations which TBH we all knew he didn't need to do. It was his call to do this and he paid the penalty. It was always going to be difficult for any manager after Adams given the cult status he had but rather than just ride on the back of that, he wanted to dismantle it and that was the wrong decision at the wrong time.

Guest stuscfc
Well done Burt. Gannons plans may be good??. His man-management though is atrocious. He shot himself in the foot from game one. You cant walk into a top four dressingroom and tell them they are useless.

I doubt if Gannon will get another job anytime soon.

i'll come and pick him up and get him over to Edgeley Park now . . . we'd have him back tomorrow . . . in fairness to you guys, he's come into a team playing ok to well and tried to implement his style of play . . . whereas with us we were already *****e so changing from *****e to his style of play wasn't a big deal . . . i did hear an radio interview after taking the job with you and it went along the lines of 'it's unusual coming to a club doing well, usually the new club is struggling etc' . . . for me i'd agree with a lot of your comments regarding fiddling with tactics, it's a pretty common opinion in Stockport that he should have come in and continued in the same vein you were already playing, without fail achieving promotion and then change to his system next season . . . sadly Jim's his own man which can cause trouble and of course he is now jobless again . . . so 'thanks' to you all for driving him out, we've now got to contend with all the 'Gannon' speculation will he/won't he etc . . . gawd it's unbearable on the forums at the moment . . . enjoy the promotion party chaps 'cos you're defo gonna have one . . . by far one of the best teams i've seen this season, along with Chesterfield and Accrington funnily . . .

You were not all wrong Burt. The problem is at the top, Gannon took the flak for them and then Exodus for him.

All 3 were/are,out of their depth

You`r probably right, usually the best teams go up, but sometimes a team can overperform and go up and usually come right back down again. All season we have been a good fast winger, and a good striker short. We will never know what would have happened if MA had stayed, but most people believed.

Archived