onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

seems I was wrong...

Burt

...thinking gannon wasn't as big an issue as he turned out to be. I tried to see past people jumping on him as soon as he joined the club, and genuinely enjoyed the 4 games I saw under his management, but he was just at the wrong club at the wrong time. he just wasn't the man to come into a promotion chasing side. there's a good manager in there - a nutter, but a good manager.

anyway, I'm glad he's gone now as we can all be on the same side on the pitch. it's exciting again, I'm half tempted to fork out for the trip up in saturday and stay for the protest. let's not get carried away, though.

so, apologies to bede, spunkers, and anyone else I may have got impatient with - turns out you were probably right all along.

Advert

Well done Burt. Gannons plans may be good??. His man-management though is atrocious. He shot himself in the foot from game one. You cant walk into a top four dressingroom and tell them they are useless.

I doubt if Gannon will get another job anytime soon.

still don't agree with your thread after one league game calling for his head.

Actually, it was 2. I knew he wasn't the right man from the start given his past problems. I proposed we went with Geoff/Grew at that time, and oh look everyone is rubbing themselves over that prospect now. I was right all along, you couldn't have been more wrong :rolleyes:

I proposed we went with Geoff/Grew at that time

that would have been a mistake at the time and may only work now because of the backlash (against gannon) which will hopefully spur the players on to promotion.

ironically, gannon still may be the catalyst we needed to get promotion. only in the wrong way from his point of view.

- turns out you were probably right all along.

No, they weren't. You did good and it's a fact: Gannon (and Exodus) never got a fair chance here. Vale fans are/were so obsessed with "Adams is/was a Messiah" so there was just no room for objectivity.

"Players play for us and ignore the manager anyway" after a win or good result (2:2 vs Shrewsbury) and "hate HIS tactics and HE will cost us promotion" after every mistake just as an example. Sorry to say but WE are pathetic... and that's the conclusion. ****ing Sunday League mentality.

and 'yes' I think we can kiss the promotion goodbye now (but to be honest I had my doubts all season long... already with Adams in charge. I thought the players were overperforming and we were lucky on many occasions. But what do I know, right? I came to Stoke 3 years ago and decided to support a league 2 team, rather than a Premier League side hehe.)

fact of the matter is he is a bell end. horrific man manager. what is it about his spiteful manner that would make players want to play for him? a mate of mine told me a story of how he made a female port vale secretary (or some adminsitration role, not sure what it was) cry and this women had been working at the club for years and years. hes a prize idiot. ever likely the horse fell out with him, you never heard of any bickering between mickey and the horse, the horse doesnt look for trouble. im glad he's, and i feel sorry for the fans of the next club he manages to pull the wool over. thank god hes gone

You dont have to apologise to anyone Burt, it was your opinion and although i thought you were wrong i admired your 1 man stance! :D

The man is a nutter, he may know a bit about the game but as a manager you need more than that.

His approach towards players got stranger by the week and his constant 2 fingers to the fans regarding team selection was crazy.

He has a severe chip on his shoulder.

I seriously wish and hope that he never ever works in football again as i wouldnt wish the last 3 months we have had on any football fan.

Archived