James Gibbons (accepted)

Ben Purkiss

Gezim Shalaj

Sam Foley - refused

Ryan Taylor

Adam Yates

Luke Dennis (accepted)

Charlie Walford (accepted)

No senior pro has accepted a contract, barring Pugh who was offered prior to the release of the list.

Last season we were told we offered bad deals to get rid, this season we have seen a similar response from the players, whats going on this time?

Advert

We got relegated & they're waiting to see if they can find better before they commit to L2 football.

Anyway, there's only 2 players on that list the majority (& myself) are fussed about & actually want to sign, So it's not exactly a terrible situation, providing we do find the right players to replace them (separate issue). it's been a rather unique 2 years in terms of retentions though, with Smurf's 'experiment' (& I'm guessing he is another reason they're dawdling).

I'd like us to retain Shalaj. I think he has promise and would shine in League two.

Would be silly to turn down a contract if he wants to play in the UK still, as it's very unlikely anybody else (unless non-league) would take him. I guess he wouldn't be a bad back up, but that is based on very little, as we've barely seen him play.

We got relegated & they're waiting to see if they can find better before they commit to L2 football.

Anyway, there's only 2 players on that list the majority (& myself) are fussed about & actually want to sign, So it's not exactly a terrible situation, providing we do find the right players to replace them (separate issue). it's been a rather unique 2 years in terms of retentions though, with Smurf's 'experiment' (& I'm guessing he is another reason they're dawdling).

Possibly different circumstances coming out with the same outcome (that nobody wants to resign after one contract at the club)

I'm not worried to see Ryan Taylor leave the club but my concern is that Brown seemed to want to keep these players but they don't want to stay.

Up to now I have been fairly relaxed about signings, but for those to be offered terms to get this far and not having accepted or specifically rejected seems strange. The due time for consideration has passed. If a player is going to leave then by this time in the summer he has usually said so, even if he has has not yet actually signed for another club. IF other clubs are chasing them they will know.

On the other hand a few weeks ago Adam Yates said he was likely to sign he just had a minor issue to sort out.

The silence about these players is certainly a puzzle. Bikey and Eagles are the ones I would really like us to nail down, but Adam Yates will be a good squad player to have to provide cover in defence.

Possibly different circumstances coming out with the same outcome (that nobody wants to resign after one contract at the club)

I'm not worried to see Ryan Taylor leave the club but my concern is that Brown seemed to want to keep these players but they don't want to stay.

It's not the club, more to do with what they have been offered.

Sent from my F5321 using the onevalefan mobile app

It's not the club, more to do with what they have been offered.

That's pretty much pure speculation, but obviously they're going to wait as long as possible to try & find out what the best offer they can get is, especially in Eagles' case. There's most likely little to no loyalty involved here, considering the amount of time they've all been at Vale (bar Yates).

The rest are fairly lucky to have immediate offers as it is, & it's probably only because we are now in L2 & short of half a squad that we have dished them out in the first place. At a decent L1 club, aside from 1 or 2 players that looks more like a release list than a retained list.

Part of me thinks that last seasons squad would have done us a good job in League 2.

Maybe somebody should have told Norm & Bruno what league we were in, & then they could have assembled a team that would have done us a good job in League 1. :doh:

My hunch is that there's not much money knocking about at PVFC, quite possibly due in part to season-ticket sales being lower than expected.

This drop in sales was entirely predictable and could have been lessened with an aggressive and well thought-out sales pitch. That they failed to even begin to come up with one says plenty about the state of things within the club.

I am still very surprised that this issue was not given the priority it needed, because I always assumed ST sales money was vital revenue.

Oh well, when we play our first home game in front of les than 3000 Vale fans maybe the penny will drop then.

When I renewed for the Railway Stand they asked me which block I wanted to reserve.

The sad thing is there are 4 days left to get an 'early bird' ST and at this moment in time I don't know if I can be bothered to get up there and get one. All the news coming out of the club seems to be half arsed.

'We'll speak to a few players', 'some might leave', 'it'll be July into August before the squad is sorted', etc hardly gets you motivated to get up of the sofa and part with your cash does it.

I actually think Taylor is quite close to signing a deal

Archived