onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The BREXIT SCAM 12 months on

FATBOYSTEVE

They have the option to place a tariff on us as we have on them, that is their choice but now we have the flexibility to decide who we trade with outside the EU and decide what tariffs if any we charge.

We import more from the EU than we do export so if both decide on a tariff then there is more money brought in.

We export 42% of our total goods to the EU--more than any other market in the world! How is any lass of this going to be so easily replaced?

Advert

Norway are in the single market but are not members of the EU.

And Norway also pay into the EU budget as anciliary members and are subject to all the EU regulations (including free movement) that so many Brexitees appear to be totally against! That also pre-supposes that the EU would even agree to that formula--a position, I suspect, that they would equally be unhappy about.

That was what they proposed to do as I remember, the only way to grow the economy is capital expenditure. Giving people rises does help because they spend it, which gives other people money to spend etc, being taxed all the time and it snowballs within the capability of the economy.

Unfortunately Labour's spending/tax plans in their manifesto would see the overall tax burden rising to above 40% a figure not seen for more than 40 years!

Maybe they did but thought "S0d it, tariffs are a price worth paying to get control back". I voted remain but I can see why many voted to leave despite knowing the economic consequences of doing so.

I've no doubt you're probably correct, but the leave voters are now hardly in a position to cry "foul" and complain about the cost of living as the falling £ and any future import tarrif costs kick-in. They all satirised what they called 'project fear' (what I called 'project reality') so cannot now say they weren't warned!

I've no doubt you're probably correct, but the leave voters are now hardly in a position to cry "foul" and complain about the cost of living as the falling £ and any future import tarrif costs kick-in. They all satirised what they called 'project fear' (what I called 'project reality') so cannot now say they weren't warned!

Like I said at the start of this thread this whole Brexit thing is a ruling class scam on a par with fake things like moon landings and climate change - just tools to manipulate the masses with fake narratives which eventually get exposed for what they really are intended for usually more money and wealth for the one percenters

I've no doubt you're probably correct, but the leave voters are now hardly in a position to cry "foul" and complain about the cost of living as the falling £ and any future import tarrif costs kick-in.

Indeed but if they voted in full knowledge of the economic and financial consequences then they aren't going to

They all satirised what they called 'project fear' (what I called 'project reality') so cannot now say they weren't warned!

Indeed..project reality though? Think what Osborne was predicting would happen as soon as we voted to leave..it's not happened

Like I said at the start of this thread this whole Brexit thing is a ruling class scam on a par with fake things like moon landings and climate change - just tools to manipulate the masses with fake narratives which eventually get exposed for what they really are intended for usually more money and wealth for the one percenters

Can you name one of these massive scams that has been exposed for what it really is? We've had over 40 years for the Russians to tell us that the moon landings were faked and they've not even claimed that they are let alone proved it, Not even Putin has claimed they are fake so he must be in on it too??

Will exports to the EU cease? It's likely they will drop if tariffs are put on them but they won't cease

Of course exports to the EU won't stop altogether--it will still be a big market (probably continuing to be the largest) but my point is that any drop in exports to the EU will need to be replaced if we're not to get poorer. sorting out alternative markets will take time, that's all I'm saying.

Indeed but if they voted in full knowledge of the economic and financial consequences then they aren't going to

Indeed..project reality though? Think what Osborne was predicting would happen as soon as we voted to leave..it's not happened

The £'s value against other currencies has reduced. Growth has stalled (0.2% first quarter, 0.3% 2nd Qtr) Inward investment has reduced. Companies are reluctant to invest their cash piles--all of these things were predicted by George Osborne--so what's not happened?

Of course exports to the EU won't stop altogether--it will still be a big market (probably continuing to be the largest) but my point is that any drop in exports to the EU will need to be replaced if we're not to get poorer. sorting out alternative markets will take time, that's all I'm saying.

Fairynuff

A lot of Brexit voters fully expect us to be poorer as a nation in the short or medium term..they see it as a price worth paying

Unfortunately Labour's spending/tax plans in their manifesto would see the overall tax burden rising to above 40% a figure not seen for more than 40 years!
There is a lot of capital spending on transport in the future no matter who is in Govt.

Archived