onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2 owners as one?

melv

NS will be convinced to sell by the highest bidder who demonstrates they have the readies and who offers him enough to cut his losses;otherwise he'll lok for some other way. Won't give two hoots about their ability to run the club going fwd except for their ability to pay him any rent due on VP if that's the path he goes down.

:yes::yes::yes:

Advert

Sorry Melv, far too many competing ideologies and philosophies in such diverse ownership. Animal Farm comes to mind.

I think that people are forgetting the problems with V2001. It wasn't a failure to get on with each other. They got into power on the back of other peoples cash and then closed the door behind them. They restricted the amount of shares anyone could buy ( the only way to change it was long winded), they stopped most people from applying for directorships by a minimum share qualification. One of them even claimed he had a golden share! They then proceeded to turn down any offers for the club and made themselves untouchable for a good while. AND MANY FANS WOULDNT LISTEN WHEN ANYONE TRIED TO GO AGAINST THEM.

I think that people are forgetting the problems with V2001. It wasn't a failure to get on with each other. They got into power on the back of other peoples cash and then closed the door behind them. They restricted the amount of shares anyone could buy ( the only way to change it was long winded), they stopped most people from applying for directorships by a minimum share qualification. One of them even claimed he had a golden share! They then proceeded to turn down any offers for the club and made themselves untouchable for a good while. AND MANY FANS WOULDNT LISTEN WHEN ANYONE TRIED TO GO AGAINST THEM.

Problem with v2001 though, is that they didn't really have a pot to pee in regarding the financial side of being able to fund a football club.

If the two interested parties were to join up then although on paper it would be like v2001 again with a board, at least these owners do have some financial clout.

NS will be convinced to sell by the highest bidder who demonstrates they have the readies and who offers him enough to cut his losses;otherwise he'll lok for some other way. Won't give two hoots about their ability to run the club going fwd except for their ability to pay him any rent due on VP if that's the path he goes down.

Exactly my thoughts Johnny.

Fans on this forum can say which bidder they prefer, it matters not, Norman will just go for the company or person(s) from who he can screw the most money from.

Exactly my thoughts Johnny.

Fans on this forum can say which bidder they prefer, it matters not, Norman will just go for the company or person(s) from who he can screw the most money from.

I can understand fans frustrations with Norman about some of the decisions he's made but you can't blame the bloke for selling for the most money available.

I can understand fans frustrations with Norman about some of the decisions he's made but you can't blame the bloke for selling for the most money available.

For someone who says he has the club's interests at heart he's giving a good impression of keeping his own.

Would assume synectics would consider moving there catering business to vale park to the unfinished Robbie William suite,if Robbie can't be persuade to fund the completion. Name change to synectics solution suite. Just a thought would be another way of utilising the Lorne street stand.

I dont blame him for wanting the most money he can get, I do however blame him for devaluing the asset and expecting someone else to pay for his mistakes... the club isnt worth a red cent without the ground and by his own valuation [i believe] the ground is worth 700,000.

Maybe it's just my way of seeing things Tim, but for me the least number of decision makers on the Top Table the better.

Unlike V2001 the several bidders on this occasion seem to have the financial where-with-all etc. to get the job done but I still believe combining the bidders would end in tears.

Still, it's all hypothetical isn't it? :smile:

His decisions have saddled the club with 3 million in debt.His mistake's, so why does that approximate amount form the biggest part of his asking price.

Why don't Synetics and Manor/ICL get together to make a bid? We could have a real board of directors making decisions in the best interests of the club. To me this would be the best outcome as they must know each other well enough. A board of directors can be a great asset. Owning a football club should be a shared responsibility with all the variant capabilities of the directors being used to progress the club.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived