onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

I've just seen...

whotobeakiller

Advert

It wasn't just that...I was surprised how rough he looked but it was definitely Popey. Must have been on a big night out last night. Thought Pro Footballers are supposed to keep themselves tip top condition. Maybe he does need get the discipline back from 2012 and keep away the drink and fags...or at least in moderation
Perhaps he hasn't bothered having a shave for a day or two. Many folk are the same when they are at home relaxing. I'm sure that he can afford a razor and the majority of pro footballers like to have a bet.

Cut the lad some slack eh.

He financed bringing him to the club in the first place. He matched the offer and the wages. Thinking objectively a player would pretty much always choose Bradford over Vale through the majority of our history given the size of the club' date=' league position, number of fans etc.[/quote']

Financed.... hardly going to be a large amount given he was in their 3rd team. Objectively, given that he knew interest was going to be high when his deal ran out in January, given his goals - then why leave negotiations until last minute? Why not plan for his likely exit when his loan expired? Likewise for Alnwick and Grant, why weren't their replacements initiated knowing they'd likely be off?

There's playing devils advocate, but you just get a kick out of arguing with general opinion.

Read above

Post 6 comes BEFORE post 13 :wink:

Is he not allowed social a life,time out with family, friends.Time to chill out, relax,wind down.

When is his next game.When is he next back in training.Is he not allowed a night out with family, friends?

As far as I'm concerned Mr Pope can do what he wants, when he wants and he'll still be regarded as a Port Vale legend by me.

Our first 'hero' since the Rudge era.

Maybe Nathan Smith can be our next one.

Financed.... hardly going to be a large amount given he was in their 3rd team. Objectively, given that he knew interest was going to be high when his deal ran out in January, given his goals - then why leave negotiations until last minute? Why not plan for his likely exit when his loan expired? Likewise for Alnwick and Grant, why weren't their replacements initiated knowing they'd likely be off?

There's playing devils advocate, but you just get a kick out of arguing with general opinion.

Completely agree this should have been acted on way sooner and it was Brown that said on a number of occasions he was doing it at the time. He failed.

Post 6 comes BEFORE post 13 :wink:

Is he not allowed social a life,time out with family, friends.Time to chill out, relax,wind down.

When is his next game.When is he next back in training.Is he not allowed a night out with family, friends?

Melv!..I have always perceived you as one of the more intelligent posters..but you are totally wrong in your post.

I NEVER said anything about him not being able to chill out with family and freinds...where do they come into the equasion?!

Not a criminal offence as such but the footie authorities aren't much for it ,especially if it's on footie.:wink:

They don't (and shouldn't) have any problem with it as long as itn't your own team or a match in your division or other competition that affects your team Howjy.

If Popey was having a bet on Stoke for instance, its not their business. Nor is it the opening poster's for that matter.

He did indeed' date=' doesn't seem coincidental after all the work Brown had apparently out in with Brum.[/quote']

So Bradford became a bigger club than us (your words, not mine) because Michael Brown is our manager? I like your, often alternative, posts REP, but you are now shoehorning an argument that makes no sense because it enables you to have a pop at someone who isn't Norman Smurthwaite. It is bizarre, in my opinion.

They don't (and shouldn't) have any problem with it as long as itn't your own team or a match in your division or other competition that affects your team Howjy.

If Popey was having a bet on Stoke for instance, its not their business. Nor is it the opening poster's for that matter.

My old boss used to get a phone call from Slim Jim Baxter telling him which teams were going to lose in the Scottish lower divisions Bea.Tom probably waded in on Churchill in the 2000 guineas.:wink:

So Bradford became a bigger club than us (your words, not mine) because Michael Brown is our manager? I like your, often alternative, posts REP, but you are now shoehorning an argument that makes no sense because it enables you to have a pop at someone who isn't Norman Smurthwaite. It is bizarre, in my opinion.

Sorry to clarify Brown said he personally was in negotiations over the Jones deal on a number of occasions way before he became manager but failed to get the deal done and then became manager just before Jones left.

Whilst we faffed around as soon as Bradford came in it was game over even though we matched all their figures.

Archived