onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lifetime Season Tickets - a chance for the new Chairman to sell himself to the fans

Lying here on my deathbed for the last 5 days I've been intrigued by the notion of the 'Lifetime presidency'.

Considering how Norman ditched the Lifetime Season Tickets as they were offered by a previous ownership then I can't quite see how suddenly he has been able to offer 'Lifetime Presidency' status - surely any new owners could simply do the same and cancel such deals?.

However, that's not my point, my point is this :

In a bid to truly show us long suffering fans that they really are 'In Control' why don't the new Chairman and CEO publicly apologise (on the Club's behalf)and offer to reinstate the Lifetime Season Tickets back to those who lost out?

I realise some of these folk may not be interested in Vale any longer, and those that are may not wish to accept. But it would be a magnanimous gesture and may go some way to convincing Vale fans that they do have the Club at heart and they are willing to do everything in their power (whilst they have any) to try and bring back the good name of this once proud Football Club.

Just a thought......achoo!

Advert

Lying here on my deathbed for the last 5 days I've been intrigued by the notion of the 'Lifetime presidency'.

Considering how Norman ditched the Lifetime Season Tickets as they were offered by a previous ownership then I can't quite see how suddenly he has been able to offer 'Lifetime Presidency' status - surely any new owners could simply do the same and cancel such deals?.

However, that's not my point, my point is this :

In a bid to truly show us long suffering fans that they really are 'In Control' why don't the new Chairman and CEO publicly apologise (on the Club's behalf)and offer to reinstate the Lifetime Season Tickets back to those who lost out?

I realise some of these folk may not be interested in Vale any longer, and those that are may not wish to accept. But it would be a magnanimous gesture and may go some way to convincing Vale fans that they do have the Club at heart and they are willing to do everything in their power (whilst they have any) to try and bring back the good name of this once proud Football Club.

Just a thought......achoo!

For the money Fradley has put in it'll be an honorary position I'm sure and 'Lifetime' is as long as Norman in here or decides that the surplus to requirements. If other lifers have been treated that way I'm sure that he couldn't complain if it suddenly came to an abrupt end. Just worrying now that he's been given the Chairmans role, just how good he'll actually be. I don't think that he's got off to the greatest of starts.

no I've fell off there is no way ******** Norman will sell the club and in 6/12 months when we are in a worse mess than we are in now u might wake up yourself

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

And how have you deduced that?

14 people, I wonder how many of them still pay for a season ticket each year? 350 (max) a pop its worth around 5k a year. Quite a lot for you and I but would only Mbamba for two weeks (that was a joke).

I would like to see them honour it as a gesture, but perhaps this could be something the new owner does? When that ever happens.

14 people, I wonder how many of them still pay for a season ticket each year? 350 (max) a pop its worth around 5k a year. Quite a lot for you and I but would only Mbamba for two weeks (that was a joke).

I would like to see them honour it as a gesture, but perhaps this could be something the new owner does? When that ever happens.

I was one of the 14, possibly the youngest (meaning I paid the most for the privilege) and I am a senior now. I don't have an ST anymore but still attend home games when I can and pay on the day. However, what Norman failed to realise was that by stopping the lifer entitlement COULD have not only stopped me attending but also the rest of my family who were not in the scheme but were ST holders. He is a very short sighted man and had no idea of how to run a football club where supporters need to be encouraged not antagonised. He has upset so many supporters in addition to the lifers such as lottery agents, football in the community, the Sentinel etc. How he continues to have his own supporters on here really beggars belief.

'However, what Norman failed to realise was that by stopping the lifer entitlement COULD have not only stopped me attending but also the rest of my family who were not in the scheme but were ST holders. He is a very short sighted man and had no idea of how to run a football club where supporters need to be encouraged not antagonised. He has upset so many supporters in addition to the lifers such as lottery agents, football in the community, the Sentinel etc'

Thanks pjg for replying, it's nice to get feedback from someone who was in the scheme. The points you raise that I have highlighted above to me are the ones that I believe a lot of fans seem to miss, not just regarding the Lifetime Season Tickets but as you state, in so many differing ways.

I fear it will take an awful lot of hard work by anyone to bring this club of ours back to the kind of club we once knew and still hope for. Sadly, for some I think it will be too much to ask.

One point I would ask and I have no wish for you to answer if you don't wish to - If new owners were to offer to reinstate the Lifetime Season Tickets how would that sit with you and your good family?

Archived