onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Sold Up?

Smallthorne Dog

Advert

I wonder how anyone could do much better given the poor squad, inability to bring in players under contract outside the transfer window and the total lack of support from the chairman.

Sent from my XT1072 using the onevalefan mobile app

I do not blame Brown for our situation but to say he has done a good job i would have to disagree. He should go if we go down IMO.

I have definitely read a significant number of people on here saying get rid of Norman no matter what, or words to that effect. After the Oxford result, I made a comment about not wanting to sell without any idea of who would be replacing the current owner and philpvfc said 'Who gives a ****. He has to go.'. There are other instances of this but this was the only one I could find as it was a direct response to my post. I have argued against getting 'anyone but Norman' in for a while and wouldn't have felt the need to do so if people weren't so vocal about wanting to sell to whoever could replace him, no matter what their intentions. There's also been a post mocking those of us cautioning against selling to hedge funds and another saying "How in the name of God could we possibly get anyone worse than Smurthwaite?!"

The poll options were as follows:

I would say that choosing option 1 (as 25% did) when option 2 was available, would mean that people wanted him gone, no matter what.

Anyway, water under the bridge now if the rumours are to be believed.

The poll gave three options, one of them wasnt 'anyone'.

"How in the name of God could we possibly get anyone worse than Smurthwaite?!" is a statement about how poor they think smurf is. You need to twist it to get to the opinion you want.

it just seems that some, especially those who have defended norman, are desperate to paint those that criticise him as unthinking, foaming at the mouth idiots, and i wonder if its because they dont want to be wrong but have dug themselves too far in and are too entrenched in his defence to do anything else.

The poll gave three options, one of them wasnt 'anyone'.

"How in the name of God could we possibly get anyone worse than Smurthwaite?!" is a statement about how poor they think smurf is. You need to twist it to get to the opinion you want.

it just seems that some, especially those who have defended norman, are desperate to paint those that criticise him as unthinking, foaming at the mouth idiots, and i wonder if its because they dont want to be wrong but have dug themselves too far in and are too entrenched in his defence to do anything else.

Tbf I've said something similar, but it's a genuine question. Can we get someone worse than:

Splitting the ground from club

Hiring cheap managers

Taking on foreign non leaguers

Taking us to brink of relegation

Adding debt to club accounts hand over fist

Talking rot on local radio

Banning local paper from ground

Writing on fans forums under random pseudonyms

Accusing fans of being racist

Accusing fans of assault

If someone was trying to ruin Vale, I don't think they'd have done half as well as ********.

Norman realises the mistakes he has made this season. Brown will stay on but regardless of the league we are playing in the wage budget will be upped from this season by £900,000.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

How can that be done if season ticket sal s hit the floor.

Will just add to the loans and he,ll want more to sell the club. The man is an ****** and will just waste more money to send us into admin.

Don't you worry about that. Just enjoy the football.

Martino like pretty much everyone else on here I am becoming rather tired of your childish immature comments where you pretend to have knowledge. However there is absolutely no point in seeking to have a battle of wits with someone as ill prepared as you. It too much like me taking advantage

Martino like pretty much everyone else on here I am becoming rather tired of your childish immature comments where you pretend to have knowledge. However there is absolutely no point in seeking to have a battle of wits with someone as ill prepared as you. It too much like me taking advantage

Stop sticking your nose into things that don't concern you.

Archived