onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindle & Shrewsbury ticket deal

smithie

Well I must say I'm totally underwhelmed by the "offer" of £20 admission for the Swindon game.

This is straight out of the last-but-one's regime of "offers" that flopped.

As our marketing team seem to be totally and utterly incapable and unwilling to show some imagination, I'll suggest something.

We offer both the next two home games at £20.00 all-in (i.e £10 per game).

That offer is promoted through social media, this and the official site, publicity in Burslem. North Staffs College, Autonet, etc etc.

Someone from the club gets off their arse and talks to local pub landlords about doing ticket sales through their establishments. Someone does likewise at Autonet. Someone e-mails all season ticket holders and asks them to bring a friend.

The £20 deal is available by advance purchase, at which point we take people's email addresses and maybe even phone numbers. If people don't buy upfront, it's £15 on the day for each game.

Gauging advance sales, we cater accordingly. We talk up the sales via social media. We get a buzz going. We make sure every damned kid in the city has a free ticket for those dates.

Anyone want to offer me a price on any of this happening?

Advert

I've said it before, but in the short term we need to secure our L1 status. Having as many people in the ground won't guarantee that, but it's a huge help. Having the price at £20, or even £10 for that matter, won't see huge numbers turn up. £10 might add another 500-1000, at a push.

For me, we should choose at least one game to sell tickets for £1. Promote the hell out of it, and get the place packed. Another short term effect, if it's promoted properly, will be that it brings together a divided fanbase, even if it is temporary. The vast majority of the crowd will be there to support the lads in what will be a vital game.

I've said it before, but in the short term we need to secure our L1 status. Having as many people in the ground won't guarantee that, but it's a huge help. Having the price at £20, or even £10 for that matter, won't see huge numbers turn up. £10 might add another 500-1000, at a push.

For me, we should choose at least one game to sell tickets for £1. Promote the hell out of it, and get the place packed. Another short term effect, if it's promoted properly, will be that it brings together a divided fanbase, even if it is temporary. The vast majority of the crowd will be there to support the lads in what will be a vital game.

Shrews game would be best I reckon, as they'll bring a fair few more with it being £1 & there will be more of an atmosphere.

Agree with much of the above.

What do we currently get in terms of home fans in the ground? 3,500 - 3,750? How many of those are ticket holders? 3,000?

I don't know the stats and I haven't read all these threads but £20 is not going to get anyone biting. Well, maybe, a couple of dozen, but no more than that.

Slash the admission prices drastically. market it better than any game you have done since the promotion season and see where it leads?

If 90% of the gate comprises ticket holders there isn't a lot to lose but an awful lot to gain.

Blimey, Rochdale were asking £1 the other night and Oldham let people in for nowt didn't they? We can surely do better than this but there's no imagination, no foresight, no forward thinking. Nothing.

As I say, if 90% of the fans are season ticket holders anyway it can't make much difference if we dropped it to a quid for everyone.

It's a chance to watch your local Football League team at reduced price and to help them in their hour of need.

So we're not asking people to come along cos it's enjoyable?

I'm all for initiatives to get the crowds in but part of it has to be selling matches as an enjoyable experience not just it's a bit cheaper than normal and/or the club needs you. Not everyone feels that emotional pull or will risk shelling out for something they won't enjoy.

Having said that if it were free (if you attended one of the other matches or went with someone who did) or a lot cheaper than normal that would surely entice people to give it a go...little to lose by attending..that's how many will look at it.

Archived