onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summary of the Chairman Q&A so far

robf

Norman, you have seen yourself in the season we got promoted that if things are going well then we can potentially attract 3 times our current gate.

That season both against Burton and Northampton we had between 10k and 12k crowds (both games did not have that many away fans if I recall), so you have to ask yourself as to why we now only regularly get just under 4K home fans when the potential is a considerable amount more? From people who I know and work with etc.. most are either priced out, and therefore either no longer attend at all or only attend the odd games now and again, while others don't feel that the product on the pitch warrants a £340+ price tag for a ST.

As other supporters have previously said, Rome wasn't built in a day and the club may have to take a bit of an initial hit financially to start with while the scheme is marketed, but this would be considerably less than the cost of being relegated, and as the scheme gained pace then I'm sure over a 2-3 year period we could have probably added at least another 2000 (possibly more) regular ST holders on a Saturday afternoon. On top of which there would be a knock on effect around the ground as long as the refreshment outlets didn't run out of hot food before half time, which regularly happens in the Lorne St.

This all needs to be marketed properly, through every media source you can think of (Twitter, Facebook, email, website, newspapers, local radio, text message, letters through the post, adverts on buses & billboards, advertise at local cinemas both in the ticket area and perhaps on screen before the film, put posters in pubs all around Burslem etc..) all of these media sources should be untilised not just one of them. It needs to be marketed well in advance advertising 4-5 months in advance rather than weeks. You only have to look at what Stoke are doing to give you an idea of what works, and I hate to say it but everywhere you look around the city there seems to be the Stoke advert peddling their wears - I often wish these adverts had a Vale badge on them but this is never the case.

At the end of the day the marketing has to be constant thing all season and not just a couple of flyers once or twice a year a week or so before the deadline.

Advert

I'd be happy to become a member of the Port Vale football club and pay a monthly fee by direct debit (a bit like gym membership).

As an example, £25 per month would return £300 per year and include all home league games. 12 month contracts running from April to coincide with the financial year. So £100 paid by the start of the season in August. Many people are happy to sign up to this sort of contract for their phone. It could have many benefits for a football club- even and steady monthly income throughout the year.

Just the seeds of an idea.

What dust think?

l did than on 10 ticket deal very poor take up

The uptake was poor because 1/ it was not priced right 2/ it wasn't marketed properly 3/ it's not pushed by your sales staff.

How many times is a pay on the day supporter asked by ticket staff to give their details and provided information about upcoming offers and season ticket offers. Why does it have to be packaged into 10 games or a season? We have enough space in the stadium,that if for example there are 6 home games left I should not be sold a ticket for that days game but asked about purchasing all remaining games at a price. This ensures you're not relying on the team to play great on that day to bring them back. Thinking outside the box required to attract fans.

Just because it didn't work once doesn't mean it won't work at all.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

That is being done albiet the numbers are around 10 schools and will take many years to reverse the direction down the road

I will be interested to hear of Rochdales view(non football) tonight

Smurf with respect I think you are talking nonsense or being provided false information by your team.

I have two kids whose school overlook PVFC and you turned up for an awards evening one year, which I must say you spoke very well about the area at the time. However other than the awards evening which was several years ago the club has never been anywhere near that school to generate interest with the kids.

This has nothing to do with a club the other end of the city just our club not being pro active within its own community.

Can I ask why you're called MBE? You're not that toerag Bratt are you with his award for services to being the only V2001 investor to get his money back!?!

Yukon rest assured I'm nothing to do with Bratt!

MBE refers to fond memories of my favourite Vale era with the Mills Beckford Earle corner routine which helped to bring us so much success.

I hope this has put your mind at rest!

I'd be happy to become a member of the Port Vale football club and pay a monthly fee by direct debit (a bit like gym membership).

As an example, £25 per month would return £300 per year and include all home league games. 12 month contracts running from April to coincide with the financial year. So £100 paid by the start of the season in August. Many people are happy to sign up to this sort of contract for their phone. It could have many benefits for a football club- even and steady monthly income throughout the year.

Just the seeds of an idea.

What dust think?

That would work if you started in July this year for ticket in 18/19 season

Smurf with respect I think you are talking nonsense or being provided false information by your team.

I have two kids whose school overlook PVFC and you turned up for an awards evening one year, which I must say you spoke very well about the area at the time. However other than the awards evening which was several years ago the club has never been anywhere near that school to generate interest with the kids.

This has nothing to do with a club the other end of the city just our club not being pro active within its own community.

I spend a lot of time with Haywood Academy and all the 10 school Heads.

That said a lot more needs and will be done

I spend a lot of time with Haywood Academy and all the 10 school Heads.

That said a lot more needs and will be done

Why do the club only get involved in 10 schools. Don't give me the bull that we only have a small catchment area. I've supported Vale since Phil Sprosan, Russell Bromage and Neville Chamberlain came to my primary school 35 years ago and gave us free tickets and this was in Madeley, very much a Stoke catchment area when we were in the bottom tier and Stoke were in the top. All in all the club is not pro active in generating new support.

Why do the club only get involved in 10 schools. Don't give me the bull that we only have a small catchment area. I've supported Vale since Phil Sprosan, Russell Bromage and Neville Chamberlain came to my primary school 35 years ago and gave us free tickets and this was in Madeley, very much a Stoke catchment area when we were in the bottom tier and Stoke were in the top. All in all the club is not pro active in generating new support.

Well Haywood have 10 schools so makes it 19 but still not enough

Archived