onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Company accounts

Alan Baker

I've just spent a couple of hours of my life reading this thread. And whilst I can't compete with Tim's naked Kylie I do have George Clooney waiting for me upstairs with a feather duster and a damp cloth so I'll be brief.

Norman, buying a club with borrowed money is not necessarily a bad thing - the Glazers have made a bit of a success of doing it at Man Utd. Surely a bank would only make such a loan if it was accompanied by a sensible business plan? So please don't be so quick to discount such a bid.

Secondly, if you do want to sell the club at any point it has to be in conjuction with the ground. No one in their right mind would buy the club alone. If I remember rightly, you have said that somewhere in the thread but I can't remember for certain.

Thirdly, you have to accept that football fans can be fickle beings. If they don't turn up the last thing you should do is start criticising them or talking about cutting budgets and stuff like that. You or your staff should respond by considering how to attract them back rather than drive more away. The club has not had a proper marketing strategy for ages. That needs to be addressed and a budget allocated to make it successful by appointing experienced staff and giving them the tools to do the job. You wouldn't appoint a young lad or lass out of university to do the job and expect them to have an understanding of the football business - give the job to someone who knows how to do it.

Finally, if you are going to do something for the Swindon game, which is an excellent idea, don't make it £20 cash make it £10 cash and blast the press and social media with the offer. By my reckoning you can only be selling a max of about 1500 walk ups. Double that with some decent marketing and you won't lose any money but would improve the atmosphere which will help the team. Then in future make a reduction for tickets bought in advance to encourage folk to commit to the game early and cut down the queues on a matchday.

I'm pleased to see you listening to folk on here and attempting to explain stuff.

Now if you don't mind, I've just got to pop upstairs to see if George has cleaned my bathroom properly. :wink:

Norman. In the meantime Vale could do worse than utilise some of the people skills and ideas that supporters such as Jacko51 can bring to the table. She knows the fans, she knows the club, she see's/hear's what the grumblings have been and she's well regarded.

Advert

Norman. In the meantime Vale could do worse than utilise some of the people skills and ideas that supporters such as Jacko51 can bring to the table. She knows the fans, she knows the club and she see/hear what the grumblings have been and she's well regarded.

Seconded.

Norm...listen to everything Jacko has to say. She's forgotten more than you'll ever know about Port Vale and how to improve us.

Norman, buying a club with borrowed money is not necessarily a bad thing - the Glazers have made a bit of a success of doing it at Man Utd. Surely a bank would only make such a loan if it was accompanied by a sensible business plan? So please don't be so quick to discount such a bid.

Whilst I see where you are coming from, Jean, if a buyer wants to borrow money that is fine. If they HAVE to borrow money, then it is probably a sign that they don't have the cashflow to fund the losses that they inevitably will face. Clearly Norman has a source of liquid funds to run up a bill for £3.7m. But try going to a bank to borrow money to fund losses.

Personally, I am glad that NS will only sell to the right buyer.

I've just spent a couple of hours of my life reading this thread. And whilst I can't compete with Tim's naked Kylie I do have George Clooney waiting for me upstairs with a feather duster and a damp cloth so I'll be brief.

Secondly, if you do want to sell the club at any point it has to be in conjuction with the ground. No one in their right mind would buy the club alone. If I remember rightly, you have said that somewhere in the thread but I can't remember for certain.

Thirdly, you have to accept that football fans can be fickle beings. If they don't turn up the last thing you should do is start criticising them or talking about cutting budgets and stuff like that. You or your staff should respond by considering how to attract them back rather than drive more away. The club has not had a proper marketing strategy for ages. That needs to be addressed and a budget allocated to make it successful by appointing experienced staff and giving them the tools to do the job. You wouldn't appoint a young lad or lass out of university to do the job and expect them to have an understanding of the football business - give the job to someone who knows how to do it.

Finally, if you are going to do something for the Swindon game, which is an excellent idea, don't make it £20 cash make it £10 cash and blast the press and social media with the offer. By my reckoning you can only be selling a max of about 1500 walk ups. Double that with some decent marketing and you won't lose any money but would improve the atmosphere which will help the team. Then in future make a reduction for tickets bought in advance to encourage folk to commit to the game early and cut down the queues on a matchday.

I'm pleased to see you listening to folk on here and attempting to explain stuff.

Now if you don't mind, I've just got to pop upstairs to see if George has cleaned my bathroom properly. :wink:

£10 for the Swindon game is an excellent idea Jean :yes:

Evan though am a S T holder £10 is a good idea in theory but the increase in the gate wouldn't cover the loss,we be lucky get an extra 100 through the gate in our league position,yes £20 isn't a huge decrease but at least fans don't have to go the ticket office first.

On another note do pensioners and others who pay less still go the ticket office ?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Went for Father's Day last year took my 5 day old grand daughter for her first visit to vp. Really good lunch, great value.even the tank commander was impressed, so if she was impressed it must have been good.

Cheers Conrad.

'Tank Commandee'-I like that.Did you get that from Donald Trump's Female Abuse pocket book?:laugh:

My mum is nearly 87.She doesn't go to the matches(last match-LDV at Cardiff)but is glued to the radio on match day.Her favourite sayings are "Always last minute"."What's up with 'em".:laugh::wink:

Given the feeling around the club I personally don't feel a reduced £10 charge for home matches will bring too many extra people through the door. My feeling is we are at a stage where it doesn't matter what price it is fans won't turn up because of the antics of the chairman.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Stayed off here last night as Kylie was very demanding.

All I will say is that some people are easily bought. Yes Norman has been on, engaged with fans, been given a tough time by some of us but it seems because he has answered questions and backed down to allow cash turnstiles for £20, that everything is hunky dory again. Well it isn't.

The same core problems still exist this morning that we were moaning about yesterday and are the results of 4 years of Norman. I still haven't seen any answers to show how this mess is going to be rectified and the debt reversed. The fact we owe Norman a figure way above what the club is worth and is getting larger, while we go backwards as a club, still worries me deeply.

As for getting Jean and similar like minded fans on board, that was the idea of the email group that Jean setup, that I was on and Norman referred to yesterday. The group was fine until the people involved, me mostly, started to question what Norman was saying as it clearly made no sense. Norman tried to insinuate that I was emotional on these emails which clouded my judgement, I wasn't. I was asking questions of figures Norman was casting about that simply couldn't have been true.

When the content of the email exchanges, namely that Norman had said he was stopping his funding and taking a back seat, was leaked to the press, (not by me by the way) Norman claimed he hadn't said that and his email had been hacked. It was convenient then to say he had been hacked, but another part of the same emails, namely the savings he made by closing the Railway stand for the Crawley game had enabled him to buy a minibus for the academy, he was still taking credit for last night. So it seems if you disagree you are called emotional, if something is said in the press that Norman doesn't like he will deny saying it and say he has been hacked, but he will take plaudits for good things that were covered in hacked emails. As with some of his answers yesterday, Norman talks in riddles.

The same happened on here a while back when I questioned his claims that the club were turning over less than under V2001 despite the gates at the time being more at higher admission costs. Because Norman didn't give a straight answer and I kept questioning, politely I might add, he told me to go and play on a motorway. So from my point of view, this sort of initiative is ok when the people involved agree with Norman, when they don't then Norman spits his dummy out. This is why a few good people, who along the line have tried to help him, have left him to get on with it and is why I will be doing the same.

Jean, what do you think V2001 did?

The problem with not having your own funds is that there is no slack, when things don't go according to plan or go wrong. A bad winter with low gate receipts, injuries to key players, the removal of a poor manager etc.

Jean, what do you think V2001 did?

The problem with not having your own funds is that there is no slack, when things don't go according to plan or go wrong. A bad winter with low gate receipts, injuries to key players, the removal of a poor manager etc.

That is true Nick, but some businesses also borrow so as to leave their cash reserves available to ease cashflow should the above scenarios come along. You can't label everybody who wants to borrow money as being as inept as V2001. I would be worried if your scenario was the one that happened though, but Norman could label every potential buyer with something similar so he can carry on. Afterall that was another tactic Bratt used too.

Interesting post Tim!Maybe Sentinel should be reinstated if those facts are true!!!

I don't think the Sentinel were banned over that incident Ellderbezza, that has happened since. What facts do you think aren't true? I have all the emails on my PC, I can quite easily print them all off.

Jean Jackson can also verify what I am saying, would anyone question Jean, asking if the comments were true, if she had posted what I have? There were also other people on the email list, most known to Vale fans and people who most Vale fans respect and trust.

That is true Nick, but some businesses also borrow so as to leave their cash reserves available to ease cashflow should the above scenarios come along. You can't label everybody who wants to borrow money as being as inept as V2001. I would be worried if your scenario was the one that happened though, but Norman could label every potential buyer with something similar so he can carry on. Afterall that was another tactic Bratt used too.

Most people l have met have a romantic vision of owning a football club

As seen in my case buying the club is the least expensive part so if funding is required that adds additional pressure that l do not consider healthy long term.l personally have no debt anywhere and feel that is the right background for any future buyer

Archived