onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Footage from the Vale Fans At Accrington

ollyandpatch

I've listened to that and there is definitely racist abuse on there and i'm not surprised that Ex reacted in the way he did.

I'm sorry but to use the current Board as an excuse for this behaviour is absolute bull *****! I'm not against the shouting for Gannon out etc. but what was shouted was quite simply abhorent racial abuse. Nothing more.

The person who shouted that to Ex should be banned for life from any football club. Disgusting behaviour.

Advert

1: I didn't hear any racist chants and can't make them out on the video, I only hear Exodus being called a pr**k,

2: there are members of the board who have made racist comments about Mo Chaudry in public in recent weeks, they are as bad if not worse.

As bad or worse than what? You said first of all there was no racism despite nearly everyone else hearing it Tim.

Please point me to the racist remarks made by the board.

Tim, there is one comment on there that goes way too far and cannot be condoned by any reasonable Vale fan.

I agree that in many ways the rank and file fans have been pushed into the scenes seen yesterday, but that is not an excuse for the sort of comment that can be heard on that video. I can only hear the one comment of a racist nature but that is one too many, and there is no place for it at Port Vale.

I agree and said as much in my post.

No Tim, you're not scum... but you may be deaf!:D

Pardon? I also have tourettes.

Tim clearly only hears what he wants, either that or his hearings going. Which one is it Tim?

Any yes, it did look like mostly chavs on that video. I didn't see anyone that didn't look like a chav.

Tim had to listen to the video with the sound turned down as his family are watching the tv, Tim also comments that he doesn't condone racism so what is your problem? You see a bit of video footage that shows the people at the front but if you were actually there you would have seen that the group was 5 or 6 deep and contained all ages including old people like Jimmy the dog. I was on the video stood with Bede neither of us are racist or chavs so wind your neck in boardlover.

I think there is one isolated remark on that clip but I cannot hear anything else. Most if it is about his ability to kick a ball, thankfully, and the voice to me sounds like that of a teenager. It cannot be excused or condoned but it seems to be one isolated idiotic fool who should be easy to track down and ban for life.

As bad or worse than what? You said first of all there was no racism despite nearly everyone else hearing it Tim.

Please point me to the racist remarks made by the board.

WV I suggest you go back and read what I actually said, I said "I did not hear any racist chanting" not that there wasn't any, big difference and I also said I don't condone it and I will repeat I don't condone racism in any form.

There was not wholesale racial chanting yesterday, however, it was one or two individuals having listened to the video again and if they can be identified they should be banned for life, is that good enough for your holier than thou opinion?

As for the board making racial comments, head up to the Red Cow in Werrington and engage Stan Meigh in conversation about Mo Chaudry, it may open your eyes a little.

I've listened to that and there is definitely racist abuse on there and i'm not surprised that Ex reacted in the way he did.

Caz, the comment that can be heard is made AFTER Ex reacted, so it's unfair to say that he was provoked by a racial comment.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but from what can be seen and heard on that video, it can't be confirmed.

And before the holier than thou brigade jump on me, yes I heard the comment, yes I think it's wrong and yes I think that who ever shouted it should be banned for life/made to watch all of Gannon's games from this day forth, as I don't know which is a worse punishment.

This video shows whats wrong with the club at the moment. A lot of people on here blame the board for what is happening to "their" club but then abuse the manager and players like that.

I have never been a massive fan of Gannon but that abuse is wrong, he has been here five mins in football terms and we have turned on him like that. If you lot think that the abuse does not effect the players then you must have something missing.

If Gannon has gone then I wish him well, we have taken out the issues with the board on him and then taken them out on exodus.

And before the holier than thou brigade jump on me, yes I heard the comment, yes I think it's wrong and yes I think that who ever shouted it should be banned for life/made to watch all of Gannon's games from this day forth, as I don't know which is a worse punishment.

is that good enough for your holier than thou opinion?

Why does anyone who condemns the racist comment or the general abuse dished out to Exodus, get criticised as being 'holier than thou'. It's called being principled and not being some knuckle dragging moron, screaming abuse at a fellow human who is just trying to do his job (albeit rather poorly). It is only a game, you know.

Caz, the comment that can be heard is made AFTER Ex reacted, so it's unfair to say that he was provoked by a racial comment.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but from what can be seen and heard on that video, it can't be confirmed.

Ahh, thanks Lee. Obviously I only saw and heard what was on the short clip. Obviously though, as you say, it was wrong to shout something like that but yes, it's also unfair to say the he was provoked. Unless of course, somthing was said before.

Archived