onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Footage from the Vale Fans At Accrington

ollyandpatch

Guest have it !!!
I only made out that comment after someone pointed it out. Whoever shouted it was really straining their voice.

me too... and it seemed to come from behind the person filming - so why has he piled in over by the corner flag.

totally disagree with the amount of stick he has been getting, for the reasons already stated, wrong place, wrong time - but there is no justification for what he did either.

and if people at Vale can find out who shouted it - should be banned from football !! - hope they can - no place for it

Advert

Of course we are and you'd be doing the same.

Shocking behaviour from some Vale fans but its only a minority i know.

By the way ask your current (if he still is) manager about racism. He's got a bit of history concerning it.....

Ahh, thanks Lee. Obviously I only saw and heard what was on the short clip. Obviously though, as you say, it was wrong to shout something like that but yes, it's also unfair to say the he was provoked. Unless of course, somthing was said before.

Love being right I do!

:D

Just don't tell the wife!

:shifty:

This video shows whats wrong with the club at the moment. A lot of people on here blame the board for what is happening to "their" club but then abuse the manager and players like that.

I have never been a massive fan of Gannon but that abuse is wrong, he has been here five mins in football terms and we have turned on him like that. If you lot think that the abuse does not effect the players then you must have something missing.

If Gannon has gone then I wish him well, we have taken out the issues with the board on him and then taken them out on exodus.

Now then Markie been a little selective here arn't we, the players are effected because they say so, they dont like Gannon and will tell anyone who wants to listen.

I do blame the board they employed Gannon even though they must have known his record especially at Motherwell.

Do you have to be so abusive when you post I was offended when you suggested I may have something missing ===

Now then Markie been a little selective here arn't we, the players are effected because they say so, they dont like Gannon and will tell anyone who wants to listen.

I do blame the board they employed Gannon even though they must have known his record especially at Motherwell.

Do you have to be so abusive when you post I was offended when you suggested I may have something missing ===

Only abusive if you think that the abuse that the player are getting is not effect them on the pitch. I am also not saying Gannon is wrong only that the abuse he is getting is not fair.

Only abusive if you think that the abuse that the player are getting is not effect them on the pitch.

In English?

It's been widely reported that

a) some of the players support the B&G campaign

b) a number of players can't stand Gannon and

c) some players have stated that the protests DO NOT affect them on the pitch.

Care to argue?

I have never been a massive fan of Gannon but that abuse is wrong, he has been here five mins in football terms and we have turned on him like that. .

Amazing how much turmoil HE has instigated in his "five minutes" here isnt it though Markie??

Good riddance to him i say. He deserves every bit of abuse he gets.

Any yes, it did look like mostly chavs on that video. I didn't see anyone that didn't look like a chav.

Were you there? Because, from that comment, it seems not. Like Tim said, there was a cross-section of fans in that corner giving abuse including older fans and people from this messageboard. Me and my mate were down there as well and we're not "chavs". Seriously though, calling people chavs? What are you 12? Stop being such a snob.

I do agree that ganging up on Exodus is wrong though, I did send some abuse Gannon's way but didn't join in with the Ex bashing because, like others have said, it isn't his fault he's rubbish and that he gets picked every week. He's not the problem, Gannon and the board are and there's an argument for Gannon just being a symptom of the board's ineptitude as well. What is his fault though is squaring up to fans. Unless something really personal was said then there's no excuse for that from a professional sportsman.

In English?

It's been widely reported that

a) some of the players support the B&G campaign

b) a number of players can't stand Gannon and

c) some players have stated that the protests DO NOT affect them on the pitch.

Care to argue?

Ok lets go through them

A) this is daft when its their boss. You can still get fired as a player remember.

B) A lot of people hate their boss does not mean they go out of their way to get them fired

C) Gannon said that it did effect the players and look at the abuse some people aimed at him over it.

While I agree that Gannon has not been the best while he has been here, do you honestly think that the abuse is fair. We have been on his back about who he picks etc but if we were that good why the hell are we not a manager then.

I think Roberts should be a first team player but he does need to sort out his temper as he does pick up a lot of cards but at the end of the day Gannon is paid to make the decision not me or any of us on here

Ok lets go through them

A) this is daft when they its their boss. You can still get fired as a player remember.

B) A lot of people hate their boss does not mean they go out of their way to get them fired

C) Gannon said that it did effect the players and look at the abuse some people aimed at him over it.

Okay let's go through them (In English)

a) When they it's their boss? Anyway, some support it, end of.

b) Are you sure about that?

c) Gannon makes excuses for his own performances? Never! What a genius!

Must try harder Marky Boy!

Okay let's go through them (In English)

a) When they it's their boss? Anyway, some support it, end of.

b) Are you sure about that?

c) Gannon makes excuses for his own performances? Never! What a genius!

Must try harder Marky Boy!

I edited it so you need to read it again.

I am not saying Gannon should be the manager or that he has not made some real strange decisions. I am only talking about the abuse.

If the players have played like that just to get Gannon sacked then they should not be called professionals

This video shows whats wrong with the club at the moment. A lot of people on here blame the board for what is happening to "their" club but then abuse the manager and players like that.

I have never been a massive fan of Gannon but that abuse is wrong, he has been here five mins in football terms and we have turned on him like that. If you lot think that the abuse does not effect the players then you must have something missing.

If Gannon has gone then I wish him well, we have taken out the issues with the board on him and then taken them out on exodus.

Agreed, the abuse Exodus and Gannon have received since joining is absolutely pathetic.

Gannon had a tough job when taking over from Adams. Expectations were set far to high and he inherited a team of average players who were playing way above their stations. Obviously in hindsight Gannon was the wrong choice as successor to Adams because he has a completely different approach to the game and in order to maintain the form we had we would've needed to appoint someone in a similar mould to Adams to pick up where he left off.

Also Gannon was employed as the manager of Port Vale... that means HE is the boss and players should not be allowed to demand their places in the team and only decide to play well when it suits them. They are professionals too and should start acting like it. I find it shocking that there is such hatred for Gannon when he has only been in charge for 5 minutes. I hope for the sake of our image that he hasn't resigned because if it is true then we will be the joke of the football league and rightly so.

Although it may seem like it from the points that I have made I am not a Gannon fan, but I am not a fan of shouting for the managers head when he hasn't even been in charge for half a season. The board are to blame for the appointment and the board are to blame for the turmoil at Port Vale and therefore the hatred should be directed towards them and not our manager and our players.

Archived