onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ameriturf

The Ameriturf deal was sponsorship only.

They had said they are not interested in running the club.

The idea to give away 24.9% equity seems designed to give the "Cartel"

55% and complete control.

While suddenly "confidential" or something they don't want to discuss the

deal will be signed behind the shareholders backs by a Board of Directors with a vote of no confidence.

Before the sudden confidentiality the deal was suddenly made public just before the EGM and talks had been going on night and day for six months

although there was no proof of funding.

The details at that time were simply outlined.....they give us 400k plus 100k loan....it was sponsorship only.

So step one was they give Port Vale 500k and then Port Vale give Ameriturf 600k towards the plastic training pitches on land that Vale doesn't own and

Vale also owe Ameriturf 100k.

The 10 years pre-season american tours against college teams Ameriturf would sponsor and cover the costs at 50k a year....so no money into the club there.

So Vale have to match the Ameriturf 600k for the training facility on land that Port Vale don't own and probably rent back....this is clearly an Ameriturf facility.

So they give us 500k and we give them 700k or simply we give them 200k

and 24.9% but can use or rent a training facility and have sold off pre-season tours for ten years.

Do a couple of plastic training pitches even cost that much....

This can be understood as sponsorship and just a means for Ameriturf to get a hold in the european and uk market and the equity giveaway idea from Bratt is all about control and of little interest and use to Ameriturf.

It could even restrict their involvement with other clubs under F.A. rules.

Ameriturf need the training facility,the sponsorship and the American tours

as a brand they do not need to be tied into the club in terms of ownership of shares.

Vale don't need the tours and do not need the plastic training pitches they

just need to pay Nantwich in extreme weather but the V2001 Board get

complete control with 24.9% dead shares to play with giving the Cartel 55%.

So why is eveybody excited about a deal that was previously considered a nightmare scenario and in no way matches 5 million and input from two local businessmen.

By the time the full details are known if at all it will be to late and a done deal.

Advert

But the board would like to have board meetings in the USA.

This was the main reason they rejected Mo's offer as it would have involved going to Waterworld. No doubt Bratty would forget his trunks so he'd have to do it in his pants.

On a slightly more serious twist I do honestly think this is what their initial thoughts were. By having the balance of power in the US it limits the effects of supporters being against them.

It seems av woken the sleeping tiger. I only brought the past up on other threads regarding AGS to see if anything as changed,apparently it will be a different deal so before we start rumers of I think we should wait for more info,unless someone knows differant.

The ameriturf deal before would have resulted in 2 directors joining

I just keep wondering to myself,

either this deal isn't going to be the millions lloyd talked off

its going to be another fudge as in the Sentinel £1.6 million headline that would have seen hardly any money into the club and so nothing for players - we are a football club which the board keep forgetting

or

I wonder if they're going to do what they criticised Mark and Mo for and have 2 individuals buying 24.9% each

Afterall, yesterday Mike Lloyd used every argument in Bratts book or why we can't allow investment from non Vale and non uk investors to argue that we should be doing just that

Lloyd categorically stated the 24.9% rule won't be broken and I've now become used to listening to what they don't say.

2 individuals or companies at 24.9% each acting together won't surprise me at all, but neither would 1 deal full of smoke and mirrors and very little funds

Basically, I have no faith in them and don't trust any one single iota

According to Deakin on Sunday it's a completely new deal. He wouldn't say if it was or was not with a previous proposed investor (which probably means it is, so probably Ameriturf is involved). It's a bit early therefore to start a new round of Ameriturf bashing though isn't it? I don't think they deserved the stick they got last time.

B.A

by the board/amerifturf cartel are you referring to Ameriturf and Lloyd?

because there will be nobody else from 'the board' on 'the board' come December

also, as Lloyd/Deakin stated yesterday anyone else can buy shares including Mark SIms (if he wanted to)

or are you saying they will sign this deal then Bratt/Oliver will stay on?

I am as suspicious of them as you are but clearly if Ameriturf had 24.9% of the current share issue and Lloyd has about 100k (once he has bought so me of Bratts) then Sims could easilly dillute this by buying 24.9% of his own. This coupled with the robbie proxy held by the Sc would then mean a cartel is not active?

Has Ameriturf been named as the investor into Vale that the board are keeping quiet about?

its obvious Phil

Mike Lloyd has never denied it

he has said however that its 'the americans' and a few others they are talking to..........

the whole key to this is getting Mark Sims on board to make sure nothing is done that damages the club

its obvious Phil

Mike Lloyd has never denied it

he has said however that its 'the americans' and a few others they are talking to..........

the whole key to this is getting Mark Sims on board to make sure nothing is done that damages the club

Personally think we should wait and see that it is Ameriturf....hope to God it isn't.

they have a really nice web site, must have taken some one all night/several hours/few minutes [ delete as appropriate] to knock it up.....in the amazing world of coincidences in the world of PVFC the website appeared when us vale fans starting asking if AGS even existed

Archived