onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How Many More Statements?

Memphis

What about all the other shareholders?

Can they expect a return on their 'investments'?

Would you walk away from a 200k house because the neighbours didnt like you and didnt like the way you did business? I wouldnt, however if you got offered what you paid for it then it makes the deal all that more appealing

Advert

Bang on right. MC, MS and NM have all been shown to love the media, but action is small.

But these are the ones we know about. If they did not go to the media, the likes of yourself would deny they actually existed. A year or so ago, when people came on here saying investment has been turned away, the pro boarders like yourself constantly said that if they existed they should go to the media. THe truth is, for the likes of yourself, nothing will satisfy you, as you change what is acceptable to whatever is needed to slate whichever investor it is. 'THey dont exist' (Caitlin), 'they shouldnt go to the media' (simms et al), 'He's not a vale fan' (Mo), 'It doesnt matter (Ameriturf), 'They want it on the cheap' (Mo's £1.2 million), 'They dont want it on the cheap' (V2001, Ameriturf). I could go on and on, but its pointless arguing with you, because its impossible to argue with such as yourself for reasons I've just given.

In light of yet another statement today from the inner sanctum, the following questions should, I feel, be asked:

• How many more statements can we expect in the coming weeks?

• How many more will the board feel the need to defend themselves?

• Can everybody that has had anything to do with the board, and subsequently found themselves exasperated at their actions, be wrong?

As a non Board supporter can I comment that when the Board stays stum they are the scum but when the board speak out the board are tw**s.

So i will never be a poet but some people are never and never will be satisfied!

To much spin and denial from BOTH sides for me..........:cry:

But these are the ones we know about. If they did not go to the media, the likes of yourself would deny they actually existed. A year or so ago, when people came on here saying investment has been turned away, the pro boarders like yourself constantly said that if they existed they should go to the media. THe truth is, for the likes of yourself, nothing will satisfy you, as you change what is acceptable to whatever is needed to slate whichever investor it is. 'THey dont exist' (Caitlin), 'they shouldnt go to the media' (simms et al), 'He's not a vale fan' (Mo), 'It doesnt matter (Ameriturf), 'They want it on the cheap' (Mo's £1.2 million), 'They dont want it on the cheap' (V2001, Ameriturf). I could go on and on, but its pointless arguing with you, because its impossible to argue with such as yourself for reasons I've just given.

They need to make themselves known but at the same time lets not forget MS and NM have DECIDED NOT to join the board. they havent been turned away. Togther they could have made a large difference on the board and i question whether or not they are serious about investing or whether its a game to discredit the board further (they dont need mcuh help guys they are doing a great job on their own)

They need to make themselves known but at the same time lets not forget MS and NM have DECIDED NOT to join the board. they havent been turned away. Togther they could have made a large difference on the board and i question whether or not they are serious about investing or whether its a game to discredit the board further (they dont need mcuh help guys they are doing a great job on their own)

No businessman in their right mind would join the board as it is.

Matt, that's easy for you to say when you're spending someone elses £50,000 for them.

Someone who over the last few months you may have come to despise after once thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Just try and place yourself in Nigels position. Bratt was Someone you felt had conned you and all other supporters, someone who'd publically stated his shares were not an investment and were with the club for life whilst privately wanting to get every penny back and holding the club he claimed to love to ransom by stating - Give me my money and I'll go

I don't think i could have done it either knowing my hard worked for £50,000 was going straight in to Bratts **** pocket after he's already taken over £250,000 out of the club

If bratt wants to sell his shares then publically say so and advertise them and see if any Vale supporter out there will give him money for them rather than buying new shares off the club and giving the club money

If Bratt wants to sell them I've got no problem, I'd expect someone buying them off Bratt to pay the going rate what they're actually worth and for a small club like Vale, £3,000,000 in debt that's going to be very very little

Or he could help new and professional people come in, take over the club, turn things around and who knows, he could even make a profit in 5 years time

I agree with Marie, what some of the plonker pro board posters on here are missing is why would Nigel meakin lie? What the fudge does he have to gain? I love the use of the word subterfuge, Glennifer written all over it, but oh the irony! When we all know Bratt the Pratt and gemini man are the biggest couple of liars ever associated with vale!

Matt, that's easy for you to say when you're spending someone elses £50,000 for them.

Someone who over the last few months you may have come to despise after once thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Just try and place yourself in Nigels position. Bratt was Someone you felt had conned you and all other supporters, someone who'd publically stated his shares were not an investment and were with the club for life whilst privately wanting to get every penny back and holding the club he claimed to love to ransom by stating - Give me my money and I'll go

I don't think i could have done it either knowing my hard worked for £50,000 was going straight in to Bratts **** pocket after he's already taken over £250,000 out of the club

If bratt wants to sell his shares then publically say so and advertise them and see if any Vale supporter out there will give him money for them rather than buying new shares off the club and giving the club money

If Bratt wants to sell them I've got no problem, I'd expect someone buying them off Bratt to pay the going rate what they're actually worth and for a small club like Vale, £3,000,000 in debt that's going to be very very little

Or he could help new and professional people come in, take over the club, turn things around and who knows, he could even make a profit in 5 years time

That is an excellent summary.

Hate the board but likewise how many more statements from anti board parties.

Board justify themselves, anti board criticise...and on and on. Sadly the board have the power and until the anti board have something that will actually make a change it dilutes the argument and creates apathy and division (goes in their favour sadly). Bar myself winning a few hundred million on the lottery I dont know the solution but like the boy who cried wolf the anti board needs to ensure any statement is very important or it will get missed.

I hope this doesnt come across as pro board or anti protests!

Just try and place yourself in Nigels position. Bratt was Someone you felt had conned you and all other supporters, someone who'd publically stated his shares were not an investment and were with the club for life whilst privately wanting to get every penny back and holding the club he claimed to love to ransom by stating - Give me my money and I'll . I don't think i could have done it either knowing my hard worked for £50,000 was going straight in to Bratts **** pocket after he's already taken over £250,000 out of the club

I take your point, but the opportunity to do the the right thing for port vale which is get rid of the board is there. Theres no point in moaning about the people in charge when you had the opportunity to solve the problem. Im 100% against the board and for SEO and B&G but all these people moaning about the board is crazy. We all know what they are about and how they behave so why look to invest then state the obvious as an excuse not to invest? Since Sims and Meakin looked at investing we know nothing more than we did before they arrived. The board want to hold onto control and dont act professionally or morally, they knew that before they approached them, so why is that now a reason not to invest?

I take your point, but the opportunity to do the the right thing for port vale which is get rid of the board is there. Theres no point in moaning about the people in charge when you had the opportunity to solve the problem. Im 100% against the board and for SEO and B&G but all these people moaning about the board is crazy. We all know what they are about and how they behave so why look to invest then state the obvious as an excuse not to invest? Since Sims and Meakin looked at investing we know nothing more than we did before they arrived. The board want to hold onto control and dont act professionally or morally, they knew that before they approached them, so why is that now a reason not to invest?

Mark and Nigel were being asked to join the board blindfolded having been unable to due proper dud dilligence (the same as it would have been at the egm)

The difference is that whilst they would be guarantors in both instances, the latter situation would see them going in blindly and having no ability to out vote the current incumbants and that wasn't a risk he was prepared to take

They're already shown they're incapable of running the club and they still would be in control alongside Lloyd. Given that scenario I don't think I would either to be honest.

If Mark and his team had created a new interim board at the EGM he'd have had full control over everything, so not doing due dilligence then was a risk but one he has stated publically, it was one he'd be prepared to have taken for the good of the club

He's not prepared to do that with Oliver and Bratt still there

Archived