onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How Many More Statements?

Memphis

But the shares are worthless, assets less liabilities. Thier only purpose is as voting chips, would they hold the balance of power? Could the board veto thier transfer? Been down this road before.

We know they're worthless if you're putting a financial price on them.

In which case he's stuck with them which is what he said he wanted all along.

I'd like to hear how Lloyd and Oliver can justify the COMPANY buying these shares back.

I think for that alone both should go

Advert

Another Bratt statement.

Evening Sentinel 09/04/11:

SS: Why does Chaudry's bid conflict with the original Valiant 2001 principles? Are you concerned he will attempt to strip the club of its assets or split them up?

BB: We're concerned he will try to get us promoted and then sell the club to make a profit for himself and shareholders. While that is laudable, this is football and there isn't more than a handful of clubs making a profit in the country.

The board believes this is just a business venture to him. I think it's very dangerous for somebody to own a controlling 51 per cent stake of the shares because they can then do what they want with the club.

V2001 DO NOT have 51% Bill & the board are doing what THEY want not what the shareholders want.

And another ...

Evening Sentinel 09/04/11 :

Bratt, pictured right, said: "We're in talks with two prospective investors who are talking about offering substantial investment.

"We're a long way down the line with one English-based group that has proposed to put money into the club on the basis of gaining a majority stake.

"They said they would be willing to at least match Mo Chaudry's offer if they came in.But there are no guarantees, and a formal offer has not been forthcoming, although we remain hopeful.

"They are football people who know how football works and we're hoping to hold more talks."

Well Bill its been 4 MONTHS now, have you got any news on the English based group ? .....

To be honest I'm sick and tired of all the s*it.

If people want the club then find a way to get it, I too question everyone's motives at this stage, as a fan and a shareholder it simply is not good enough.

Inclined to agree.

****'em all!

I am pleased the club is making statements about the issues going on off the pitch. On this occassion I wish they had left some of the adjectives, verbs and adverbs, as well as some of the personalised comments, out. Just state the facts as they are and express less subjective personal opinion. Objectivity is also more credible than subjectivity and brevity leads to better argued causes than long worded statements.

Im sorry but I disagree. The reason I disagree is that BB stated he would never sell his shares in the club as he is a fan and it was money that went into the club. This is the line he used when turning down MN's offer 12 months ago. He should not expect anything at all if what he said is true.....although he could have been lying??

Bill Bratt lieing - never! :shifty:

Archived