onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How Many More Statements?

Memphis

And at that point he should have made ANOTHER STATEMENT saying won't join the board instead of making demands of 2 directors should step down because at that point even the most brain washed fan new he wouldn't get this.

He has every right to negotiate and state his conditions. With Bratt and Oliver on the board it would be a waste of his time and a risk to his reputation.

Advert

The reality is he has taken more out than he as put in via his salary.Just go bill and take the other one with you so that the club can unite and for all our sakes move forwardat last.

That was a wage for his work - not his shares. I think it's worrying on here how many seem to think a wage should be taken as money for his shares. BB did a job as CEO (yes we can debate how good he was) but that is a wage just like everyone who works gets.

The CEO of Tesco gets a wage and he doesnt use it as payment for his shares. Nor does anyone else in business. It's these silly comments that just discredit any BB argument.

Bang on right. MC, MS and NM have all been shown to love the media, but action is small.

NM has also lied when trying to obtain the shares about his links to MC and MS - surly not a good omen for any director? If this was BB or GO people would be up in arms about the lies being told.

Mark why do you think the board have lost so much trust and faith?

Now sit down have a little think.Think about some of the many many statements that have come from them but nothing has happened?

I will ask you again.What has happened to -

Harlequin.

Selman group.

Earl Barrett.

English consortium.

Americans.

Texans.

Yet again there is an indication that there are two interested potential investors.How many time time have the board told us about 'Two' investors.How many times have these talks got to a delicate stage?Out of all these how many have come to fruition?

The board keep coming out with these statements but naff all happens.So why dont the board come out and give an update on all these so called offers?You know by being honest and open as per the charter.

What evidence do you have that NM has lied?

That was a wage for his work - not his shares. I think it's worrying on here how many seem to think a wage should be taken as money for his shares. BB did a job as CEO (yes we can debate how good he was) but that is a wage just like everyone who works gets.

The CEO of Tesco gets a wage and he doesnt use it as payment for his shares. Nor does anyone else in business. It's these silly comments that just discredit any BB argument.

Like just giving a kid a ball from the club shop and saying to staff thats okay, I will sort it. How long does it take to get investment? , if you run things correctly, people will join. Very simple.

You have no basis for your remarks

how do i not have any basis for my remarks? Answer me this, do we know anything now about the situation with the board that we didnt know 2 months ago? The answer? no we know exactly same, as we did prior to the two trying to invest, nothing has changed

But it's like buying a house, I bet there are always offers coming in, however how many offers are actually taken up are a very small percentage. I bet you can be at advanced stages and then one party pulls out for some reason. Look at NM he was at an advanced stage and look what happened - a public example of when talks fall through.

Believe it or not normally such deals are done in private. I know were not used to it, however it's true. So maybe we just have to wait and see what happens.

Like just giving a kid a ball from the club shop and saying to staff thats okay, I will sort it. How long does it take to get investment? , if you run things correctly, people will join. Very simple.

Well so long as it's paid for by BB doesn't matter, does it?

People do want the club, so things can't be that bad then.

Oh please, BB has said, over and over again, that his shares are not for sale, because he will keep them for life.....he is supposedly the biggest vale fan in the world, and wouldn't dream of it.

Why on this earth, or any other rational earth, would someone expect to pay £5 per share to someone when those shares have no actual value whatsoever - and why should Saint Bill get preferential treatment above all the other shareholders who have put their money into saving the club when it needed them?

If that's still not enough reason for you, everyone agrees that the club needs investment - so why would anyone in their right mind think that giving Bill 50 grand for "some of" his shares as opposed to giving the club 50 grand by buying new shares makes any sense at all? It's a zero sum game...the club gains nothing, and Bill walks away with his money back having screwed a few years salary as CEO out of the club, as well as all the perks of being chairman that he has enjoyed.

Sorry, but the rest of us shareholders didn't expect a return on our "investment" and I really resent the attitude of someone who is effectively blackmailing the club by refusing to go unless he's paid off.

Is that too complicated for you to understand?

But according to the club the new investors want change at board leve so it is them wanting to pay off BB and no one else. If NM offered to pay him off, that is different to being made to. Also his 50k would go into the club as doesn't BB have 65k of shares now?

So why does it mention about the club raising the money to buy his share's?

But it's like buying a house, I bet there are always offers coming in, however how many offers are actually taken up are a very small percentage. I bet you can be at advanced stages and then one party pulls out for some reason. Look at NM he was at an advanced stage and look what happened - a public example of when talks fall through.

Believe it or not normally such deals are done in private. I know were not used to it, however it's true. So maybe we just have to wait and see what happens.

If you're going to compare it with buying a house, it's like buying a house where the vendor insists you buy it without the option of having a proper survey or valuation done, and where even asking for one is a crime..... when it's obvious from a quick look that the roof is falling in, the walls are about to collapse, and you have heard that the current mortgage holder is about to repossess. If you ask any questions at all about any of those, or about whether it's worth what they're asking, you get accused of not being really interested....

Oh please, BB has said, over and over again, that his shares are not for sale, because he will keep them for life.....he is supposedly the biggest vale fan in the world, and wouldn't dream of it.

Why on this earth, or any other rational earth, would someone expect to pay £5 per share to someone when those shares have no actual value whatsoever - and why should Saint Bill get preferential treatment above all the other shareholders who have put their money into saving the club when it needed them?

If that's still not enough reason for you, everyone agrees that the club needs investment - so why would anyone in their right mind think that giving Bill 50 grand for "some of" his shares as opposed to giving the club 50 grand by buying new shares makes any sense at all? It's a zero sum game...the club gains nothing, and Bill walks away with his money back having screwed a few years salary as CEO out of the club, as well as all the perks of being chairman that he has enjoyed.

Sorry, but the rest of us shareholders didn't expect a return on our "investment" and I really resent the attitude of someone who is effectively blackmailing the club by refusing to go unless he's paid off.

Is that too complicated for you to understand?

If an investor buys BB share they get his level of control, where as 50k of new shares actually gets you less control. You would need to purchase close to £120k if you wanted the same equal value that 50k of new shares would give. So business wise it males sense - especially if your only on the board for a short term. That also works if you are going to use loans to fund the business and removes any problems from larger shareholders who could make life difficult in the long run.

Then why not update us,tell us if the deal with the potential investor has failed?

You know a bit like being honest and open as per the charter.

Archived