onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Glenn Oliver

Twitters

Should Glenn Oliver Resign as a director?  

697 members have voted

1. 1. Should Glenn Oliver Resign as a director?

• Yes, I don't believe he has done a good job
    • Yes but I believe he has done a good job for the board
    • No, I believe he should stay on the board

Advert

I voted in favour of Glenn. He's part of a consortium of which took us out of administration and has worked tirelessly for the club since.

I happen to have met him personally and he loves Port Vale. I trust that he will do the right thing by the club, and if that is him stepping down he will do so when he feels the right replacements are in place. If he stays on the board, it will be because he wishes to be part of us going forward.

I too have met Glenn, been bought a drink by Glenn, told what I could and couldn't say as Supporters club chairman by Glenn, I told him I would say what I wanted to and how I saw it and that is when I saw the real Glenn.

Glenn Oliver is a bully. Glenn Oliver is a nasty piece of work if you disagree with him, I have messageboard posts, emails and pms to prove the fact. Glenn Oliver looks at non-shareholders with scorn and holds fans who disgaree with him in contempt and is one of the most arrogant condascending people I have ever had the misfortune to cross. Glenn oliver is also a spineless individual who has never, and will never, vote with his head but does so with a blind loyalty to Bratt, he is Bratt's lapdog nothing more nothing less. Glenn Oliver has brought nothing to the club of note other than his initial investment which is not even sufficient to meet the "new" criteria needed of £50k. Glenn Oliver scraped through the egm by 0.7% and that after a mysterious computer crash that he no doubt fixed. Glenn Oliver is a useless director, nothing more, and needs to go so that the healing process can begin.

Apart from that he's alright!!

I'm not sure that a real pro boarder exists........ i mean, how could they?!!:unsure:

I believe what those actively seeking change are up against, are Vale fans that are trying desperately to focus on the football side, put their heads between their hands and hope. They believe that this board will not be shifted so they prefer to give in, with the misguided hope that sole focus on the team will help to bring promotion.

IMO, these supporters are misguided and if they just all took one second and asked whether this board, is indeed in the best interests of PVFC........ then voiced their concerns at the said board, then this would actually all be over. The board would be gone.

Now Glenn Oliver is intending to prolong the agony. How many Vale supporters are pro Glenn? .........

Good post.

We'll see how fickle they are if we lose a few home games.:ohmy:

Glenn Oliver has either misinterpreted or willfully chooses to misinterpret the "mandate" he has to remain as a director.

The results were 109,221 to 108,294 in his favour at the EGM. This works out as 50.21%, of which roughly 35% was shares controlled by the board which means that only 15% of shares owned by actual rank and file Vale fans voted for him to stay.

The ethos of Valiant 2001 was never for the custodians of the club, be it Bill Bell or A.N. Other, to suppress the will of the supporters in such a flagrant manner.

Glenn offers nothing in terms of financial investment. He has no specific business expertise for running a football club. He is not an effective communicator or orator and constantly rubs people up the wrong way with his condescending and patronising tone towards people who disagree with him.

I was told that Ameriturf want Bratt gone because they see him as a divisive figure. They should be told that Bratt and Oliver come as a package.

With hindsight, and I may be insane, I think I would have preferred Jackson to have survived the EGM rather than Oliver. Whereas Jackson knows he's hated, Oliver seems to be under the delusion that the fans still want him. He's wasted little time joining Lloyd, whom he clearly dislikes, in knifing his mate Bill in the back. The man is completely untrustworthy and must be removed forthwith.

Archived