onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Glenn Oliver

Twitters

Should Glenn Oliver Resign as a director?  

697 members have voted

1. 1. Should Glenn Oliver Resign as a director?

• Yes, I don't believe he has done a good job
    • Yes but I believe he has done a good job for the board
    • No, I believe he should stay on the board

Advert

With hindsight, and I may be insane, I think I would have preferred Jackson to have survived the EGM rather than Oliver. Whereas Jackson knows he's hated, Oliver seems to be under the delusion that the fans still want him. He's wasted little time joining Lloyd, whom he clearly dislikes, in knifing his mate Bill in the back. The man is completely untrustworthy and must be removed forthwith.

With Oliver counting the votes, who's realistically going to survive?

Read post 74!!! and don't be gullible.

I've read post 74, I speak as I find and who the heck do you think you are calling me gullible, you don't know me from Adam, nor I you.

When I don't know know about something I say I don't know, not just follow not just join the mob for fear of someone like you insulting me.

I've read post 74, I speak as I find and who the heck do you think you are calling me gullible, you don't know me from Adam, nor I you.

When I don't know know about something I say I don't know, not just follow not just join the mob for fear of someone like you insulting me.

Valiant62

Fair enough I respect your opinion, although I dont agree with it.

Can you expalin what exactly Mr Oliver brings to the club ?

Im afraid being accessible (and thats debatable) is just not good enough.

I thing what I would, say - not quite in defense but as a fact of directorship of a football club is that it involves politics and he comes over as a politician. For me, that involves a starting point of some principles and a need to then act in the real world in ways that might compromise those principles (pragmatism). It also involves party solidarity.

We stigmatize those functions but clubs / countries etc don't function without them. In that regard, I have to say, I wish M.S. and M.H. had more of the politician about them and can't help thinking that the mither this board have had must feel like in window into the future of any prospective directors with prospective new board members having a perverse incentive to fail in the quest to join the board, in that it maintains moral high ground / standing which would otherwise be doomed to be lost somewhere down the line.

I thing what I would, say - not quite in defense but as a fact of directorship of a football club is that it involves politics and he comes over as a politician. For me, that involves a starting point of some principles and a need to then act in the real world in ways that might compromise those principles (pragmatism). It also involves party solidarity.

We stigmatize those functions but clubs / countries etc don't function without them. In that regard, I have to say, I wish M.S. and M.H. had more of the politician about them and can't help thinking that the mither this board have had must feel like in window into the future of any prospective directors with prospective new board members having a perverse incentive to fail in the quest to join the board, in that it maintains moral high ground / standing which would otherwise be doomed to be lost somewhere down the line.

OK ... simple question who would you prefer to be on the board of Port Vale Football Club :

Glen Oliver or Mark Sims

Mark (and Malcolm) has made that a choice but didn't have to. I believe both are very ambivalent about running a football club, with or without the present incumbents. There's no way I'd do it, even if I had the money and skills, you're signing the death warrant of your own reputation in the long run.

From a perfectly political / tactical point of view I think V2001 could have been overwhelmed by now if they (M.S. & M.H.) had been prepared to put their popularity on the line.

Mark (and Malcolm) has made that a choice but didn't have to. I believe both are very ambivalent about running a football club, with or without the present incumbents. There's no way I'd do it, even if I had the money and skills, you're signing the death warrant of your own reputation in the long run.

From a perfectly political / tactical point of view I think V2001 could have been overwhelmed by now if they (M.S. & M.H.) had been prepared to put their popularity on the line.

And your answer to the previous question is Glen Oliver or Mark Sims ? ? ? ?

Historically, I voted for Sims and against Oliver at the EGM. However, for me Sims has blotted his copy book since by not joining the board and V2001 seem to have been cleverer than their opposition. I want the most astute people in charge and don't particularly feel the need to like them. The jury's out (hence "I don't know") but at 6.15 on this particular Sunday night Oliver seems the cleverer and less bothered about his personal standing, I would actually credit both with being dyed in the wool Vale fans.

Historically, I voted for Sims and against Oliver at the EGM. However, for me Sims has blotted his copy book since by not joining the board and V2001 seem to have been cleverer than their opposition. I want the most astute people in charge and don't particularly feel the need to like them. The jury's out (hence "I don't know") but at 6.15 on this particular Sunday night Oliver seems the cleverer and less bothered about his personal standing, I would actually credit both with being dyed in the wool Vale fans.

This whole idea that V2001 have outwitted everyone and been cleverer than Mo, Mark sims etc, given by yourself and the insane markymark just amazes me.

Mo: "I want to invest £1.2 million"

V2001: "No"

Sims: "I want to invest £600k"

Newton: "I want to invest £500k"

Caitlin: "I want to invest and revamp the marketing department"

Since when is that being clever or outwitting everyone? When the dice is so loaded in their favour, when they only have to say no to all investment that threatens their position, it isn't called being clever, its called being stubborn, arrogant, pig headed and self serving.

Archived