onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Glenn Oliver

Twitters

Should Glenn Oliver Resign as a director?  

697 members have voted

1. 1. Should Glenn Oliver Resign as a director?

• Yes, I don't believe he has done a good job
    • Yes but I believe he has done a good job for the board
    • No, I believe he should stay on the board

I am disappointed with Glen. I know when I worked in Castle and used to share a beer how fanatical he was. He would pick us up and take us to the game and ensure we got in. He went missing for a while then came back strong. He must realise its time to go. Every ****er else does.

Advert

I am disappointed with Glen. I know when I worked in Castle and used to share a beer how fanatical he was. He would pick us up and take us to the game and ensure we got in. He went missing for a while then came back strong. He must realise its time to go. Every ****er else does.

Cav,

He did that with everyone he saw as a "mark"! The man is without conscience and used all of us, our money and our love for the club to put him in a position of power! We were used! What does he need with us mere fleshlings now. We're scum to him and a mere annoyance!

I feel there is some serious rewriting of history going on here and I speak as an outsider, who was a frequent visitor to portvale online back around the time that Valiant 2001 took over.

I have never met Glenn but he always came across as a good guy and a very fanatical vale fan! When your club was deep in the **** he put his life savings and family home on the line to ensure you still have a club to follow!!

I am sure he will have lost far more than he has gained by being a director and without him and the others you would not have a club to follow!!!

The Valiant2001 Charter

One: Set aside a £1.5 million first-team budget

Two: Introduce supporter-friendly ticket pricing

Three: Complete the Lorne Street stand

Four: Sort out the pitch (install under-soil heating)

Five: Make savings of over £80,000

Six: Make Port Vale a fan-friendly football club

Seven: Make Port Vale a community-friendly football club

Eight: Run the club openly and democratically

Nine: Improve the club's relations

Ten: Be open, honest, professional and accountable

:unsure:

I feel there is some serious rewriting of history going on here and I speak as an outsider, who was a frequent visitor to portvale online back around the time that Valiant 2001 took over.

I have never met Glenn but he always came across as a good guy and a very fanatical vale fan! When your club was deep in the **** he put his life savings and family home on the line to ensure you still have a club to follow!!

I am sure he will have lost far more than he has gained by being a director and without him and the others you would not have a club to follow!!!

No one is trying to rewrite todays history.... they are attempting to write tomorrows history.

bratt and oliver did not save the club..... 800 or so shareholders did... without the unity of all none would have succeeded.... they played a part of the whole.

The situation now is a complete reversal.... they alone stand in the path of the possibility to save the vale.... just as bell did before 2001... they have become what they despised.... any campaign to remove them will only be on a par with the efforts to remove bell by oliver and bratt.

Sadly the good intentions of ALL the participants of V2001 have fallen by the wayside... The metamorphosis is complete.

I voted in favour of Glenn. He's part of a consortium of which took us out of administration and has worked tirelessly for the club since.

I happen to have met him personally and he loves Port Vale. I trust that he will do the right thing by the club, and if that is him stepping down he will do so when he feels the right replacements are in place. If he stays on the board, it will be because he wishes to be part of us going forward.

I happen to have met Glenn personally and know that he loves the Vale. I backed him when he was desperate to take over the club in 2003. He also gave me free entry to Southend away, for which I was extremely grateful.

Now, I despise him. He has gone power mad. He thinks he knows what is best and is abusing his role. He is now dictating what happens to Port Vale.

It seems that Glenn's probably now voted in this thread using 5 of his different usernames. I presume this because in 2003 the site administrator of PVO stated that multiple usernames had been created, all with the same IP address as Glenn. All of these usernames had voted for V2001 in a vote 'who should the administrators sell Port Vale to'.

Archived