onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Glenn Oliver

Twitters

Should Glenn Oliver Resign as a director?  

697 members have voted

1. 1. Should Glenn Oliver Resign as a director?

• Yes, I don't believe he has done a good job
    • Yes but I believe he has done a good job for the board
    • No, I believe he should stay on the board

Advert

With respect, Bea, I can't see what Mr Chaudry has to do with this. The current deal on the table according to the club is nothing to do with Mo Chaudry. We are told it is the best thing since sliced bread for the club. The question is, do we want Mr Oliver to be part of ANY new future for the club. It is not, do you prefer GO or MC.

You mention the efforts of V2001 in the buy out from administration. I told Glenn Oliver on Thursday that I will always be grateful for what they did then but they cannot live on past glories forever when their efforts since then have been less than brilliant. Would you still want Stephen McPhee in our team now - he was brilliant in 2003 as well?!!

My thoughts exactly Jean,

we can all be grateful for the past, but what is done is done, and the past sin't going to resolve issues now or in the future! And it is the future we must think of!

This to me is then the crux of the problem. It is nothing to do with personalities. It has nothing to do with former glories. It has everything to do with a Business Plan! This is key, and every investment opportunity we have had in recent years, Mo's not being the first one Mark, has come with a business plan. We still do not have one from the current board - they make it up as they go along with "grab money where and when you can". It isn''t planned based upon financial skill and acument, it is opportunistic based on luck and blagging!

If were trusting an interim board to do the best deal for the club, then surly it needs to be impartial? Ideally no one actually supporting any one bid and advertising the club as "open to offers"

Which is what mark sims suggested but was turned down.

If were trusting an interim board to do the best deal for the club, then surly it needs to be impartial? Ideally no one actually supporting any one bid and advertising the club as "open to offers"

the interim board proposed at the EGM was just that. At BGWMC I specifically asked Mark Sims the question of the interim boards remit and his answer was "to get the best deal for Port Vale", not "to sell the club to XYZ"

I even asked Mo if he would consider going into partnership to buy the club with one or more people rather than wholesle ownership himself, his response was an emphatic and simple "Yes"

So, no cut and dried sale to one party and one deal only!

The problem is that any board should judge on merits each bid and not take the first on the table. The fact they would just accept Mo's bid is bad because there will be weaknesses and areas of concern in it - as a result these should be picked up and addressed. I get the feeling this wouldn't be as they would want this deal done ASAP.

Mark,

Here is a question,

If Mo's Business Plan had been presented from the outset, not by Mo Chaudry, but by someone like Mark Sims, in the light from which he originally came, no involvement with Mo whatsoever, do you still feel it would have been rejected

a. by the fans?

b. by the shareholders?

c. by the board?

Mark,

Here is a question,

If Mo's Business Plan had been presented from the outset, not by Mo Chaudry, but by someone like Mark Sims, in the light from which he originally came, no involvement with Mo whatsoever, do you still feel it would have been rejected

a. by the fans?

b. by the shareholders?

c. by the board?

I think the same questions over borrowing would come up, however I think if the spin and PR had been cut and different personalities involved the deal well have been done.

I wish MS had just dropped the silly demands, got on the board with NM and made the sale case inside. Would have been so much more effective.

I think the same questions over borrowing would come up, however I think if the spin and PR had been cut and different personalities involved the deal well have been done.

I wish MS had just dropped the silly demands, got on the board with NM and made the sale case inside. Would have been so much more effective.

The issue of borrowing was a red herring from day 1 and disproven. Mo was simply going to replace current loans on which we pay interest with an interest free directors loan which could be paid back in the form of Stock instead of cash. I feel the board would still have attempted to baulk the deal as it would mean they would lose power, but given Sims background, it would be harder for them, as you say, to play the spin and PR cards!

As for accepting entry unconditionally, I think we all do Mark, as do they, however, surely you have to feel a little disconcerted that after 3 weeks of stalling they finally show him some books for his due dilligence, but not all of them and he is only allowed half a day to do a full weeks work.

It's like the second hand car dealer not allowing you to take a car for a test drive and instead only letting you see the interior of the car. Once you've purchased it and it breaks down 2 miles from the sales centre, it's a case of buyer beware!

I'm not saying for one second that there has been any wrong-doing or corruption with the board at the Vale, however, I do feel that they are over-selling the "things are great financially story" when it's apparent to everyone, based on the last 3 seasons reports, that things aren't. I think what is being hidden in the books, is only how close we are financially to the brink and the end of year books (due in Nov/Dec of this year I believe) may reveal a lot more.

They were conditions, not demands. It is obvious to anyone that GO (to a lesser extent BB) is a major problem on the board and any investor has and will see this. Ameriturf cannot work with BB hence their conditions (take note).

These conditions if met could have paved way for a fresh start, MS on, GO and BB on their way. Whatever happens they cannot bring unity to this club, this will linger until they are gone and the fact that BB wants his 'investment' back after saying all he has is yet more fuel to the pro change movement. MS, others and possibly ML could work together and oversea any future investment, this is a real compromise and for the benefit of the club. The self serving twins have been found out, they are not acting in the best interests of the club but for themselves and it's only a matter of time before GO wants returns on his 'investment' too.

GO must leave if a middle ground plan is to be achieved. I believe one man is in the way of this club moving forward, but as he has nothing he is destroying everyone elses hopes.

One of the "silly demands" which Mark Sims made was that Mr Bratt should resign from the Board. Apparently the new investors (Ameriturf) have made the same demand and it has become acceptable! So a silly demand from one investor becomes an acceptable basis for negotiation from another??

Incidentally, with regard to Mr Chaudry's original bid, Mike Lloyd admitted on Thursday that the whole affair had been badly handled when asked about the original club statement which basically told Mo to "bugger off and never darken our doors again". He said Mo should have had the opportunity to meet the Board and make a presentation in the same way as they had allowed Mike Newton to do. Glenn Oliver kept saying it was not about personalities but that initial response clearly demonstrated it was everything to do with personalities.

That's a very good point Birdy, and worth making again.

While people have been critical of Mark Sims for making 'unreasonable demands', it's worth noting that Ameriturf are making the same demands (ie Bratt to resign).

They will probably do the same with Oliver once they realise just how much of a divisive and unlikeable figure he is.

While people have been critical of Mark Sims for making 'unreasonable demands', it's worth noting that Ameriturf are making the same demands (ie Bratt to resign).

They will probably do the same with Oliver once they realise just how much of a divisive and unlikeable figure he is.

Maybe they need to be told ;)

Keep up Santa, you bliddy moron! :)

Archived