onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Anthony Grant

Matt88

My point is that people still bang on about him bankrolling us and doing this that and the other with his own money, he isn't. He is lending his business (our football club) money to spend how he sees fit, his little toy. He has already taken the ground for himself so his business, our club, has no assets to repay the big loan he has kindly made to his business, our club. He has previously stated he expects to get this all back on a sale of his business, our club, which is pie in the sky. But if anyone dare mention these facts they get told to "buy the club themselves", "**** off down Stoke", "don't bother going then" etc etc etc

Totally, spot on especially about the club being his toy. The reason he is here is to bolster his own ego hence why he throws his toys out of his pray when he doesn't get his own way. I cannot see it all ending very well for Port Vale while Smurf has had enough of his fun.

Advert

My point is that people still bang on about him bankrolling us and doing this that and the other with his own money, he isn't. He is lending his business (our football club) money to spend how he sees fit, his little toy. He has already taken the ground for himself so his business, our club, has no assets to repay the big loan he has kindly made to his business, our club. He has previously stated he expects to get this all back on a sale of his business, our club, which is pie in the sky. But if anyone dare mention these facts they get told to "buy the club themselves", "**** off down Stoke", "don't bother going then" etc etc etc

And if it goes wrong he loses that loan . There's no other way to inject the cash and the fans aren't pouring through the gates. I for one am happy we have a chairman firing money into the club and we're not in the dark days of v2001 anymore.

I think I have explained my opinion above. Folk on here and in general were flabbergasted when he put the club up for sale and said he expected to recoup his directors loan. There was meltdown on here as people genuinely thought he was gifting us his cash. Go through the archives and have a read. It seems now everyone is conveniently forgetting this and backing him, it is a dire situation for our club to be in to be fair. Why when I post anything that is anti Smurf do I get the crap that I in someway dislike him or hate him? I neither like or dislike the bloke, I have never spent any time with him. I can, however, form an opinion based on his actions and I do not like the way he runs our football club and will willingly admit this. I base my opinions on actions and facts, personal feelings don't come into it.

I think its called "rose tinted spectacles"

And if it goes wrong he loses that loan . There's no other way to inject the cash and the fans aren't pouring through the gates. I for one am happy we have a chairman firing money into the club and we're not in the dark days of v2001 anymore.

What happened about us living / surviving within our means ?

These are plain facts as I see them: Smurf took over the business when no-one else was forthcoming with the money to do so and when the previous owners had left it in danger of going out of business. I think he was misled by his partner into thinking it was a sound money making investment. He has since invested considerable sums of money in the business -for essential maintenance, development and improvement of the management and playing staff. He will eventually hope to redeem his investment and as a business man hope to make a profit. I don't think there was ever any question of him giving money to us (that is the supporters) either collectively or individually. It is quite reasonable to criticise certain aspects of his management (e.g. relations with the press, Closing part of the ground for certain matches) but totally unfair to criticise him for no giving us money or as a man.

Just like that? He has publically said he expects to get ALL his money back on a sale. His sale price without the ground was testimony to this, he didn't sell. If it all goes wrong, as you say, PVFC is ******, simple as. As for fans not coming through the gates, the gates are not disimiliar to historical levels, why did he expect thousands more? Seems he didn't do his due diligence very well but no doubt that will be someone elses fault. I would prefer the club to be run professionally and sustainably, it is neither at the minute.

These are plain facts as I see them: Smurf took over the business when no-one else was forthcoming with the money to do so and when the previous owners had left it in danger of going out of business. I think he was misled by his partner into thinking it was a sound money making investment. He has since invested considerable sums of money in the business -for essential maintenance, development and improvement of the management and playing staff. He will eventually hope to redeem his investment and as a business man hope to make a profit. I don't think there was ever any question of him giving money to us (that is the supporters) either collectively or individually. It is quite reasonable to criticise certain aspects of his management (e.g. relations with the press, Closing part of the ground for certain matches) but totally unfair to criticise him for no giving us money or as a man.

Smurf wasn't the only person who bid to buy the club, he was chosen as the preferred bidder. If you are buying a business, as an experienced businessman, you do your own due diligence, it is no one elses fault but his own. Even a fool knows L1 football clubs do not make money. He has spent money on various things, whether that was his own money or funds generated by the business's income streams or outside benefactors, is up for debate. He claimed to have the funds to take us to the Championship and the club would be left in the same state when he left as it was when he took over. We now know he lends his money to us to try and get us to the championship and the club on paper in no way represents its structure when he took control. He has told lies in forums and on national TV, that for me is sufficient to criticise him as a man.

I had my own Financial Services business for 15 years, prior to that I had been employed for 9 years by a major Bank. I sold my financial services business and had a complete career change and now run a property maintenance/landscape gardening business. Always made a profit, never made a loss. And the relevance is?

Well there you go, you answered your own question, if it's not relevant why'd ya keep telling everybody about your own business?

Well there you go, you answered your own question, if it's not relevant why'd ya keep telling everybody about your own business?

Probably because he was asked.

Originally Posted by pvfc.pride.england

what business do you run?

By you

If you cant keep up with others posts please try to keep up with your own

Archived