onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf backing Page

tsproston

Come on and join next season's party.

"Let's all rally together, the chairman, myself, the players and supporters. Let's have a push and get these season tickets sold and see what we can do in the summer to build on what we have done this year."

Advert

Come on and join next season's party.

"Let's all rally together, the chairman, myself, the players and supporters. Let's have a push and get these season tickets sold and see what we can do in the summer to build on what we have done this year."

I feel a fresh start has to happen,for the sake of PVFC,bridges must be built and we all go forward.Progress HAS been made from last season ,as the L1 table shows and that is what it's all about.The league table is our priority and the higher we get is normally rewarded with higher crowds and revenue.If we can just tweet a few things at Vale there is no reason why we can't be there or thereabouts next season.We've all had our moments this season when we've had very angry moments ,but most of us will still be there in August to cheer them on yet again.

I feel a fresh start has to happen,for the sake of PVFC,bridges must be built and we all go forward.Progress HAS been made from last season ,as the L1 table shows and that is what it's all about.The league table is our priority and the higher we get is normally rewarded with higher crowds and revenue.If we can just tweet a few things at Vale there is no reason why we can't be there or thereabouts next season.We've all had our moments this season when we've had very angry moments ,but most of us will still be there in August to cheer them on yet again.

The only real shocker I saw was Exeter away. Not bad over a whole season!

re Season Tickets. Last season, the Ticket Office was shut after the last home game of the season.Yep, with all those Vale fans in attendance for the last time for 3 months, they shut the office!

It would be good to see it open this year, and ready to take deposits or payments in full for season tickets.

That's where I differ - mainly for 2 reasons 1) We've had since January to make up our minds to buy or not to buy a season ticket, and 2) waiting for the final whistle of the last game to decide to buy or may not bring in a flood of renewals, especially if that game is an away game.

Having said that, and given we can crystal ball a rush of exited renewals post the last game you can bet a brick to Big Ben that someone will complain of slow customer service for one reason or another.

Someone at the club needs to start an ever so late campaign to attract fans to buy STs... "we cant afford players if you dont rush out and give us your money" wont work... I would suggest a PR campaign but that would seemingly exclude anyone at the club... for christs sake get out there and sell the bloody club to the people you want to attend and spend their money... or are we still under the " fans buy STs because thats what they do" illusion/delusion?

Didn't you say there shouldn't be ST's?

I agree though with this completely, it's odd especially as the promotion he's created is excellent, it's just been marketed by...well....errrr....no-one!

Didn't you say there shouldn't be ST's?

I agree though with this completely, it's odd especially as the promotion he's created is excellent, it's just been marketed by...well....errrr....no-one!

I said PotD supporters put more into the club on a game to game basis so....

The "promotion" is a one hit thing and it seems thats all smurf thinks is needed to increase gates... start early and build it to the end of the season and beyond

That's where I differ - mainly for 2 reasons 1) We've had since January to make up our minds to buy or not to buy a season ticket, and 2) waiting for the final whistle of the last game to decide to buy or may not bring in a flood of renewals, especially if that game is an away game.

Having said that, and given we can crystal ball a rush of exited renewals post the last game you can bet a brick to Big Ben that someone will complain of slow customer service for one reason or another.

I doubt there's a business in operation these days that takes £300+ off people and doesn't put their e-mail address and other contact details on a database. Relying on people to cough up £300 without a reminder is a very risky (not to mention unambitious) strategy. Given that there are now so many things to do leisure-wise, we MUST be more proactive in trying to sell tickets.

My point about the last home game is that it's the clubs last chance to sell them with all their potential buyers in attendance. Clearly that wouldn't be the case with an away game!

reading the game as in tactics not reading the team, extracting the urine are we smiff.

Oh, I see.

Which games in particular did you see where you thought the tactics were wrong?

Why did you think they were wrong, and what would you have done differently?

At first I thought that Smurf had gone for the wrong option when he went for low expense instead of going for a proven and experienced manager.

Rob Page is turning out to be a future gem of a manager who will take the Vale to a higher level.

I look forward to a promotion fighting team of next season under Robs management.

How many people would buy a ST when attending the last match of the season? Ticket office likely to be busy this year with an interesting match. There is all of May to buy a ticket either in person, by telephone or by internet.

How many people would buy a ST when attending the last match of the season? Ticket office likely to be busy this year with an interesting match. There is all of May to buy a ticket either in person, by telephone or by internet.

I and the people I come with all live outside of The Potteries, as do probably 10% of our support. It's really not so strange that those and other people may seal the deal while we're in the area for the last time for 3 months.

What if we beat Walsall 3-0 and finish on a high? What is their to lose in any case by staying open and taking a £25 deposit on a season-ticket while you have your captive audience there? What about including an item from the club shop to the value of £10 (subject to availability) for new sign-ups?

There's nothing wrong with being creative, in fact it's a must in any job that involves selling!

At first I thought that Smurf had gone for the wrong option when he went for low expense instead of going for a proven and experienced manager.

Rob Page is turning out to be a future gem of a manager who will take the Vale to a higher level.

I look forward to a promotion fighting team of next season under Robs management.

Picking a manager is a risky business, 50% only have one job, but all the experienced ones have to start somewhere. He already worked at the club, probably Adams contributed to the decision,, coaching experience with Wales, thus worth a punt. Seems to be turning out quite well and giving Smurf some confidence in backing him for next season, let us hope the buzz builds.

Archived