onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Renewal Invitations

smithie

Smurf's current attitude towards increasing crowds at Vale are obviously lacking in any forethought or imagination in getting kids and families, as well as young men and women out of their lethargic ways towards Vale. New owners who want see crowds back at Vale Park surely have to believe that a large crowd each game is better in the long term than merely balancing books in the short term?

Surely this is the marketing department's role, not Smurf's?

His background is housing, not football.

It may be that Raj Atwal has asked for funding to help with marketing but has been refused...we just don't know.

What I do know is that we could study other clubs' initiatives (Bradford, Wigan & Huddy for example) and see how we could copy them, to some degree. That costs next to nothing and could pay off handsomely.

Advert

No way am I renewing until I know where the money is going. The early bird deal being brought forward a month rang alarm bells for me, as though someone wanted to get as much money as possible before they leave. If someone stays, that's fine and I will renew, if we get new owners, that's fine and I will renew then as well.

No way am I renewing until I know where the money is going. The early bird deal being brought forward a month rang alarm bells for me, as though someone wanted to get as much money as possible before they leave. If someone stays, that's fine and I will renew, if we get new owners, that's fine and I will renew then as well.

My understanding is ST monies are 'ring fenced' for the upcoming season. Have I got it wrong?

Last day to catch the Early Bird Special. Word on the street is that we'll surpass last seasons 22,000..... :D

All jokes aside Vale's lack of a marketing strategy is worrying, I thought they had some new fella who was going to turn things around, as far as I can see he hasn't even compiled a database of the fanbase yet which is criminal.....?

Just a comment that a ST waiting list is the usual reason for extending the ground, so just talk then. As for the Vale I would hope that the data base would be ready for a mail shot in May for people not on their Newsletter mailing list.

The next multi million £ phase of the training ground is taking priority as is the new pitch in the summer, but Coates has said he is looking at it, big own goal as far as I'm concerned despite your comment about it being "just talk" we're selling out weeks in advance and it's almost impossible to get 2 seats together.

Interestingly it is nigh on impossible to get seats together in the Family Stand (I have 2 young kids desperate for season tickets but I know we won't get the seats together so don't want to give my current seat up) which is why Vale should be actively looking to tap into the next generation of fans and get as many of them as they can hooked.

My grandson cannot see in your disabled stand because of ignorant so called fans standing up in front of him so you lot have nothing to boast about,if i saw coates i would ask him to sit in a wheel chair and try to see the match at his stadium.

The next multi million £ phase of the training ground is taking priority as is the new pitch in the summer, but Coates has said he is looking at it, big own goal as far as I'm concerned despite your comment about it being "just talk" we're selling out weeks in advance and it's almost impossible to get 2 seats together.

Interestingly it is nigh on impossible to get seats together in the Family Stand (I have 2 young kids desperate for season tickets but I know we won't get the seats together so don't want to give my current seat up) which is why Vale should be actively looking to tap into the next generation of fans and get as many of them as they can hooked.

Could not agree more, but I am usually wary of football chairmen. It is easier to manage a shortage of seats than an excess, thus keeping the demand high, and the option of increasing prices overall. Whether Leicester will put another tier on who knows, not something the locals are worrying about just yet.

I'm quite worried about ticket sales to date.

I suspect they will be down a lot because of the Chairman's talk of budget cuts, plus a few poor displays lately.

There isn't a buzz about the place. The silence is deafening.

Hopefully the players will turn up today and the chairman the same on Tuesday and both things lift the mood.

Archived