onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to go smurf

nowag

Advert

Is this because of the possible court case if smurf sells just the football club and shop and keeps the ground that might mean the new owners picking up the tab for the court case leaving smurf laughing his head off at the new owners and fans.

Wouldn't have thought so. Think it was more to do with income coming into the club from a FFP perspective?

what is the gym used for on a Saturday match day morning if not used open the doors invite children down to have a kick around free of charge from 11am till 2pm all ages up to say 15/16 yrs no training involved offer a cheap ticket to get in the ground with an adult to those that turn up if any stand out in the kick about invite them to a coaching section on a night time also send round a couple of the injured players to the gym to meet the young fans cost to the club nothing

Was he a poor shadow when he was at Rotherham?Yet another deluded pope knocker who wouldn't know what it would take to get out of a paper bag, let alone league 1.

Delusion? Laughable!! I base my assessment on his time at the Vale. Glorious in the promotion campaign, decent in the first half of our first year back, and ineffective for much of his last 18 months. FACT we were very nearly relegated with him last season, and FACT with 6 games to go we still have a (admitted very slim chance) of making the play offs. Age, fitness, football styles are all against him. Thanks for the memories, but move on!!!

Just as a matter of fact - not opinion - Hooper, AJ & Robinson have scored 14 goals between them in 74 appearances for the Club.

Pope scored 12 in 36 games last season, despite missing 3 months and carrying an injury in the New Year.

It's plain daft to say that we don't miss Pope - or a similar type of player. We can all have our own opinions but the facts don't lie.

If he'd been here playing, and fit, I'm fairly sure we'd have a few more points in the bag.

Why is it that some folk take great delight in belittling lads who have given their all for the Club?

Dodds hasn't been mentioned much lately. Surprise, surprise. He's the one who many feel is garbage and should be allowed to leave (like Pope!). Yet the lad who apparently 'only plays 1 game in 7 or 8' has miraculously scored 2 in the last 4 games and was MOTM yesterday, despite playing in an unfamiliar role.

The Dodds part I full agree with, the AJ, JJ! Robinson comment chooses to ignore that many of these are substitute appearances.

That's a tad harsh, it appears Flitcroft has decided to play a certain way with Clarke/Miller as his main striker leaving Popey 3rd in line at best after the loan signing of Delfounesco, Popey is probably a forlorn figure at the moment rather than nonexistent and I guess, somewhat regretting the move to Bury. I'm not suggesting we get Pope back but that he's the type of player Vale need.

I was a big fan of Martin Foyle and there's a few other boats I'd like to bring back at the moment, Roy Chapman, Tony Richards or Bert Llewellyn to name a few.

Base my comments purely on his last 18 months at VP Pual, not how Bury choose to use him. Good players Ñ his time, but his time has passed.

To be fair you did say it was a fair question and he answered it! He can only speak for himself 😂

To be fair... no I didnt

The start post suggested "we will survive without you" [for we read the club]

The reply was "will you though?" [for you read the club]

Some people will accept whatever is on offer... which is fine.... but its not enough to sustain the club.

The club need to find out why people dont want to attend and make changes if it wants to survive let alone progress.

We agree the club has to live within its means but there comes a point when thats not possible... sadly its heading in that direction.

To be fair... no I didnt

The start post suggested "we will survive without you" [for we read the club]

The reply was "will you though?" [for you read the club]

Some people will accept whatever is on offer... which is fine.... but its not enough to sustain the club.

The club need to find out why people dont want to attend and make changes if it wants to survive let alone progress.

We agree the club has to live within its means but there comes a point when thats not possible... sadly its heading in that direction.

Then you should have quoted the start post, not the one you did, very misleading!

Yep, I stand up and sing. I stand up with like-minded people who don't obscure any of the other 13000 empty seats.

What's your idea of support?

my 48 years of support aren't worth mentioning compared to yours, I bow to your superiority I'm not worthy

Delusion? Laughable!! I base my assessment on his time at the Vale. Glorious in the promotion campaign, decent in the first half of our first year back, and ineffective for much of his last 18 months. FACT we were very nearly relegated with him last season, and FACT with 6 games to go we still have a (admitted very slim chance) of making the play offs. Age, fitness, football styles are all against him. Thanks for the memories, but move on!!!
another fact, he scored the goal that secured our safety despite being nowhere near fit after a serious injury

Archived