onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to go smurf

nowag

Advert

But consider the prospect of AJLS playing off/alongside Pope, reading Popes' flick-ons and headers, very, very tasty indeed. I reckon both players would easily be in double figures and Vale's season very much alive.

I honestly don't think that Tom Pope exists anymore, and after his spike in goals in the promotion season and the first half of the first League 1 season he is back to a honest lad with little threat. For me, he was poor last year, and across the last 2 seasons has just about limped into double figures. As I've said in another post we have replaced the Tom Pope of last year - it is a better version of him that we need.

I loved Martin Foyle and the way he formed effective partnerships with everyone he played with, but that boat has long since sailed too.

Until someone with the will and money to keep Port Vale FC alive and well comes along then there's no alternative other than for Smurf to stay. If Smurf really has had enough and truly wants to sell the Vale and he is absolutely going to go ahead with the budget cuts etc then he should combine the ground and shop with the club and sell the whole as one entity and stop playing games with any future buyers/owners.

The club and shop are currently one business - only the ground is separate now I believe.

It's funny how no-one minded the ground in the promotion season, and nothing has really changed since then.

I think I must be in a minority, but I'm not remotely concerned about "facilities" as long as I can stand up and watch the game for 90 minutes.

In an all seater stadium?

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that if the status quo remains for the next 10 years in the Potteries then Port Vale could cease to exist.

And before people jump down my throat I take absolutely no pleasure in that whatsoever, but take a good look around you next home game, I was amazed what % of the regular fanbase was male and over 40.

Vale need to address this as their top priority, move the Family Stand to the Lorne Street, make it attractive for kids and families and do absolutely everything that their budget allows to attract the next generation of fans. Move the away fans to the Bycars and the home fans to the Hamil, if will make some unhappy but it's adapt of die. Might be a tad melodramatic but it's the single biggest challenge that needs addressing at the Vale on my opinion.....

Wise words from across the City. Unless we do address the ageing fan base we will struggle in the medium term. We are approaching 10 years of having to live with premier league neighbours.

I honestly don't think that Tom Pope exists anymore, and after his spike in goals in the promotion season and the first half of the first League 1 season he is back to a honest lad with little threat. For me, he was poor last year, and across the last 2 seasons has just about limped into double figures. As I've said in another post we have replaced the Tom Pope of last year - it is a better version of him that we need.

I loved Martin Foyle and the way he formed effective partnerships with everyone he played with, but that boat has long since sailed too.

its unrealistic and plain stupid in my opinion to think pope would solve the goal problem if he was still here or if he was to come back, i think when he left he knew he was cashing out on his career and deep down hes hit his career best... in league 2, the man isnt messi, i hope if vale does get bought out by people richer than smurf half the first team gets replaced, the amount of stupid mistakes and missed chances is costing the club and the team just seems to bottle when the pressure is on.

if these people apparently had interest in a club 4-5 years ago any idea who they are?

That will always happen' date=' you get people that attend for the glory and nowt more, hence the term glory hunters. Whether the chairman is here or not next season if we are in the automatic promotion places the crowds will be back to those levels.[/quote'] not neccesarily, but my point was in response to Smithie who is in denial it has happened at all

Just as a matter of fact - not opinion - Hooper, AJ & Robinson have scored 14 goals between them in 74 appearances for the Club.

Pope scored 12 in 36 games last season, despite missing 3 months and carrying an injury in the New Year.

It's plain daft to say that we don't miss Pope - or a similar type of player. We can all have our own opinions but the facts don't lie.

If he'd been here playing, and fit, I'm fairly sure we'd have a few more points in the bag.

Why is it that some folk take great delight in belittling lads who have given their all for the Club?

Dodds hasn't been mentioned much lately. Surprise, surprise. He's the one who many feel is garbage and should be allowed to leave (like Pope!). Yet the lad who apparently 'only plays 1 game in 7 or 8' has miraculously scored 2 in the last 4 games and was MOTM yesterday, despite playing in an unfamiliar role.

Archived