onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The final 6 weeks of the season.....

ollyandpatch

The Burton game has gone, it's in the history books.

What's next.....

Salop away on a bank holiday... Up the road, and usually a good away day.

Barnsley at home on a bank holiday...On a roll in the top 6, will travel to VP in numbers.

Chesterfield away... another good away trip, although we are usually crap, apart from the Marc Richards day.

Crewe at home...Probably a week too early but possible we could send them down.

Walsall at home...Well if the season continues as it is the away end will be full !!!!

Whether you believe or not, we are still in the mix at the top end of league 1 and a few tasty games to end the season.

Advert

All that performance proved yesterday was that all the teams that are chasing a playoff place are as inconsistent as each other Barnsley really are the most consistent having now got a foothold in there which will make our game on Easter Monday a cracker

All the teams around us are playing each other in the next few weeks and it's by far over yet!! I personally think whoever pinches 5th or 6th spot will do it on the final day.....it could be us and we could have to rely on results from other games on the day!!

Interesting!!

All that performance proved yesterday was that all the teams that are chasing a playoff place are as inconsistent as each other Barnsley really are the most consistent having now got a foothold in there which will make our game on Easter Monday a cracker

All the teams around us are playing each other in the next few weeks and it's by far over yet!! I personally think whoever pinches 5th or 6th spot will do it on the final day.....it could be us and we could have to rely on results from other games on the day!!

Interesting!!

No, it proved were simply not good enough to finish in the top 6. Simples.

Interesting!!

Or it could be Swindon, Scunthorpe, Sheffield Utd, Rochdale, Southend, Coventry, Bradford or Barnsley also to pinch that last spot.

Bang! Reality should have hit home yesterday. We are NOT good enough, simple. we are Jeckyll and Hyde in tactics, performances and set ups. who knows from one game to another which Vale Team are going to turn up.

The very optimistic Valiants amongst us will hope that miracles do happen and we scrape into a play off position, but come on lads and lasses we are quite a way off being able to challenge if we did go up!

I love Vale and will savour all of the final games but with my sensible head on I know we will fall short. We honestly have far too many squad members who are so inconsistent it hurts. OK yesterday we played a good team but from the off you sensed we were only there to pinch a draw, at best. The players were not up for it. Management appeared to again favour their chums in selection and we were relegated to our boring, predictable selves due in main part to almost the entire squad lacking the desire to put on any performance infront of a decent crowd.

There is clearly something wrong when certain players revert back into their shells after having good games the week previous. We have no leaders at all on or off the pitch and some are allowed to put in below par games repeatedly but still get a jersey the following week!

Frustrated is putting it mildly for me. On any day we can perform but we have far, far too many off days(the majority of the squad usually at the same time) for us to be taken seriously. I believe frankly it's something of a relief that maybe we will not make the play offs this season as I sense we would be fodder to the hungry Clubs in the Championship. We do need an injection of young, talented players to mould together a unit capable and worthy of getting into the play offs. That will take time, patience and money and guidance from management that show they care too.

Crazy how different this forum looks after a week, an amazing comeback last week & a lot of people believe we can get to the playoffs...

Everyone was stating we need to win a certain amount of games to get in (i.e affording to still lose one or two), & now when we do lose one (we were awful agreed, but it was still the most loseable game out of them all), we can no longer make them?

We haven't lost any ground on the playoffs, we've just lost a game to make up the ground. We have 3 of the current playoff places to play (Walsall/Barnsley/Gills), the most difficult, 3 around the bottom half (Shrews being the hardest as they're unbeaten in 8), & 2 just around us. I'm not saying we'll make them, we've got to do far better than yesterday, but put in some performances like the week previous & there's no reason we can't be in & around it come the end of season.

Or it could be Swindon, Scunthorpe, Sheffield Utd, Rochdale, Southend, Coventry, Bradford or Barnsley also to pinch that last spot.

Exactly! We're far better than any of them on our day, & they are the same when they are. We're all inconsistent & that's why we're mid-table, so maybe we will pinch it, maybe we won't. Writing any of the above teams off, along with us, is completely ridiculous when we could all still make it, & are only 3 points outside.

You could say you're being realistic when you're stating we won't make the playoffs, but it's not completely unrealistic to say we could be the ones to put a run together whilst the rest falter. Just wait & see before being completely negative about it, it's not over until it's over, & it's nice to have something still left to play for, so why not try & enjoy it?

Crazy how different this forum looks after a week, an amazing comeback last week & a lot of people believe we can get to the playoffs...

Everyone was stating we need to win a certain amount of games to get in (i.e affording to still lose one or two), & now when we do lose one (we were awful agreed, but it was still the most loseable game out of them all), we can no longer make them?

We haven't lost any ground on the playoffs, we've just lost a game to make up the ground. We have 3 of the current playoff places to play (Walsall/Barnsley/Gills), the most difficult, 3 around the bottom half (Shrews being the hardest as they're unbeaten in 8), & 2 just around us. I'm not saying we'll make them, we've got to do far better than yesterday, but put in some performances like the week previous & there's no reason we can't be in & around it come the end of season.

Logic and sensibility will get you nowhere with Vale fans :laugh:

If someone gave us 3 points today we wouldnt be in a playoff position we would be 8th.... if we played barnsley tomorrow and won by 10 goals we wouldnt be in a playoff position.

Thats not to say it isnt possible.... it just makes it less likely... but who knows?

If someone gave us 3 points today we wouldnt be in a playoff position we would be 8th.... if we played barnsley tomorrow and won by 10 goals we wouldnt be in a playoff position.

Thats not to say it isnt possible.... it just makes it less likely... but who knows?

If we won by 10 goals why wouldn't we be in play off spot, would they suddenly take us points off, we would be level with a +9 goal difference, Barnsley would then have a +1 goal difference.

Lets be realistic though, for me we are not good enough, we are going have to go on a run like we have not shown all season, for me we need to win 6 games at least between now and the end of the season. After the results at the weekend, I can only see one play off spot up for grabs and anyone from Swindon up could claim that spot. You have to think realistically one team will have a good run, you cannot see 9 teams all having an indifferent run.

If we won by 10 goals why wouldn't we be in play off spot, would they suddenly take us points off, we would be level with a +9 goal difference, Barnsley would then have a +1 goal difference.

Lets be realistic though, for me we are not good enough, we are going have to go on a run like we have not shown all season, for me we need to win 6 games at least between now and the end of the season. After the results at the weekend, I can only see one play off spot up for grabs and anyone from Swindon up could claim that spot. You have to think realistically one team will have a good run, you cannot see 9 teams all having an indifferent run.

You are obviously correct sir

The only glimmer of hope you can take from yesterday is that perhaps a spanking might be what is need to create a siege mentality for the final run in. Not wanting that complete embarrassment again.

Archived