O, what a panic's in thy breastie!

Thou need na start awa sae hasty,

Wi' bickering brattle!

I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,

Wi' murd'ring pattle!

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,

In proving foresight may be vain;

The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men

Ah! Robbie Burns - the man who turned plough into pen.

Good one Geo :yes:

Advert

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,

Wi' bickering brattle!

Wi' murd'ring pattle!

Who knew Geo was educated in the words of Robbie Burns!

I agree. There's not been enough goals from elsewhere in the team and that has really let us down. Between the four strikers we've had this season (Dodds, Ikpaezu, AJLS, Hooper) they've scored 24 goals. Not great, but not disastrous either. Our defenders have one fricking goal between the lot of them which is truly useless.

We'll never really know if Pope would have done the business for us this year. I know OS and me disagree on this one, but for the figures being banded about for Pope's salary weren't worth the risk that he was a) going to stay fit for 80% of the season and b) going to be able to perform at the level required after 2 injury-hit seasons that may or may not have taken its toll on his career longevity.

In my opinion the Vale did the best thing they could do which was to move on from Popey and let him sign his lucrative long-term deal at Bury which would secure his family's future. We took a risk and gambled on strikers with something to prove and ultimately it doesn't look like it'll pay. However that doesn't necessarily mean the option to keep Popey was the right one to take either.

Tom may have secured his family's future as you put it and good luck to the lad for that. However, he's hardly set the world on fire at Bury who currently appear to be in freefall and, yet, despite their poor form overall, he's not nailed down a regular starting place nor scored a load of goals.

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,

Wi' bickering brattle!

Wi' murd'ring pattle!

Whey dustna thee learn ow t tork rait?

Archived