onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New EU deal

geosname

Advert

Oh come on, I refuse to get into an argument with you on this, but maybe you know a maximum of 20 Scots at a guess, and do their views outweigh the current support for the Scottish National Party, who hold more than 90 per cent of the seats in Scotland and are hardly on the wane.

Time to be honest please, Scotland is SNP territory at the moment - the SNP want independence, it may change, but it is hardly up for debate right no

it was you who claimed to know how the Scots feel now about their referendum..I make no such claim

P.s. l know 12 Scots and have spoken to all on this..I do not claim they are representative of all Scots but I know all of them expressed the same opinion

I don't think anybody's ever left before so that would be the leap into the unknown I suppose.

Whether we would have to pay to regain trade access to each European country and whether our exports will be subject to tariffs are things that need to be clarified.

Those things would need to be negotiated once we get there, so without a concrete plan B on the table it's (again) a leap into the unknown.

Cameron spent quite a bit of time explaining the exit if there is a leave vote. On 24 June he would serve notice under Article 50 (not sure of which treaty). This results in a 2 year period when the UK can engage in negotiating a post leaving set of agreements, including trade, with the EU. There is lots of other stuff like security as well etc. At the end of that time period the UK leaves. Leaving can only be stopped by a vote of all the other members to extend the period. One issue Cameron raised is that the EU has 53 international trade agreements on which the UK depends. So if the UK leaves, it is not just with the EU that urgent negotiations would be needed, it would require new trade agreements to sub out the EU ones. This is possible, but of course to businesses in the UK engaging in international trade there is increased risk. Therefore Cameron and in camp can draw attention to this and are doing so.

it was you who claimed to know how the Scots feel now about their referendum..I make no such claim

P.s. l know 12 Scots and have spoken to all on this..I do not claim they are representative of all Scots but I know all of them expressed the same opinion

I think the no side of the Scot referendum was poorly managed yet still won. So the Scots are less likely to leave than the SNP portrays, and they will have been shocked by the recent oil price situation. Saudi Arabia has a $60 billion gov deficit presently.

Cameron ignored this issue today when it was raised. He thanked the SNP for supporting the in camp, even if for different reasons than him. Because he believes he will win the vote he does not see Scottish independence becoming an issue at all.

All correct but horribly vague..enough info on which to vote to leave?

Cameron is going to do some tactical things. He is going to be pragmatic, realistic about risks and very factual, which he has been with the EU agreement last week. He got would he could and the government is working to tackle the issues that remain. In pragmatism terms he said something interesting about the refugees in Germany today in answer to a question about once they get German citizenship they will all want to come to the UK. Apparently Germany's recent history with asylum seekers sees only 2% get German national status, 98% don't. So in other words, to use the UK terminology, the rest are getting time limited rights to remain. But they can be returned when that time ends etc.

I don't think anybody's ever left before so that would be the leap into the unknown I suppose.

Whether we would have to pay to regain trade access to each European country and whether our exports will be subject to tariffs are things that need to be clarified.

Those things would need to be negotiated once we get there, so without a concrete plan B on the table it's (again) a leap into the unknown.

If we leave, we have two years to renegotiate all trade agreements. One thing is for sure, the Eu would impose some sort of tariffs either political or financial to get their own back for our leaving. If anyone thinks differently, they're being very naive, deluded or both. Canada has tried to negotiate a trade agreement with the EU and afer 7 years it still isn't finalised!!

If we leave, we have two years to renegotiate all trade agreements. One thing is for sure, the Eu would impose some sort of tariffs either political or financial to get their own back for our leaving. If anyone thinks differently, they're being very naive, deluded or both. Canada has tried to negotiate a trade agreement with the EU and afer 7 years it still isn't finalised!!

Have Canada ever been in the EU.Don't the EU buy more stuff off us than we do off them?

BB , the uk is their biggest customer base,. do you really think that audi,bmw and volkswagon are going to sacrifice their market share to Toyota and Nissan. the krauts have enough problems with emissions without adding to them as bosch are next in the firing line as they provided the emissions software.

Scaremongering will once again play a big part in this referendum but the way I look at it is that I would rather have the opportunity of throwing somebody out of office after five years for doing a bad job over here,than having no chance of doing the same to the unelected bunch in Brussels who govern our lives and repeatedly overrule British decision-making.

Archived