Prepare to vomit.....

Bea Smith

Advert

Quite a funny joke on twitter:

RM: Hi Jerry good to see you.

JH: Hi Rupert, great to see you again.

RM: Fancy a drink?

JH: Ok I'll have....

RM: Oh let me guess... err Gin Mojhito with a lime twist and tonic.

JH: I'm amazed. You must truly be the one for me.

RM: Nah. I hacked your phone.

Where would we be without a free press?Scandals in the NHS,charities,child abuse in Rotherham and the Establishment would all still be hidden.It was nothing more than a witch hunt against journalism with the accused being treated worse than murderers,rapists and terrorists in their three year wait for justice.Another waste of taxpayers money.

What a load of rubbish this post is - some of these free press advocates should be locked in a room with Mr and Mrs Payne, or some relatives of servicemen who died, who had their phones hacked.

As for those who say its not interesting then post about it, and in some cases post twice.....:laugh:

Sara Payne[edit]

On 28 July, The Guardian reported that the News of the World hacked into the voicemail of media campaigner Sara Payne, whose seven-year-old daughter, Sarah Payne, was murdered in West Sussex by paedophile Roy Whiting in July 2000. This news was arguably met with even more public outrage than the Dowler revelations, given the prominent role that Rebekah Brooks and the News of the World played in spearheading the passage of Sarah's Law, which strengthened sex offender laws in the UK after the child's murder. Sara Payne has been an active campaigner in favour of such laws with News International and other media and charity organisations since the immediate aftermath of her daughter's death.

Brooks developed a long-standing friendship with Sara Payne in the years since her daughter's death; Payne wrote a column praising the News of the World '​s support for Sarah's Law in its final issue, writing that the paper's staff "supported me through some of the darkest, most difficult times of my life and became my trusted friends".[120] Brooks used the Sarah's Law campaign to defend the News of the World when she was questioned by the Culture, Media and Sport Committee.

Scotland Yard had reportedly found materials pertaining to Payne in Glenn Mulcaire's notes. They also discovered that Payne's voicemail was on a mobile phone given to her by Brooks, ostensibly to help her keep in touch with supporters. Brooks issued a statement denying that the News of the World was aware of Mulcaire's targeting of Payne, saying that such an idea was "unthinkable". Payne was said to be "absolutely devastated and deeply disappointed" at the disclosure, while a colleague close to her said that she was "in bits" over the affair.

Do you ? Would you want to justify what he did, and what would you say to justify him to the parents of Millie Dowler, Sarah Payne and the relatives of the dead servicemen. Serious question.

The thread is about him getting married.... to which I dont give a rats ass about.

I dont have to justify him to anyone and why would I want to.

As to do I like him.... I dont know him, how can I make a judgement?... I dont like some of the things that have gone on but thats a different question

Sara Payne has praised the NOTW..doesn't exonerate them in any way for some of the terrible things done in its name but gives some balance

[ur l]http://news.sky.com/story/1241059/sarah-paynes-mother-praises-rebekah-brooks[/url]

Cant wait to troll my posts again can you, you freak - skynews ha !, and that doesn't make it allright because Mrs Paine was feted by Rebecca brooks, she has just been taken in and it doesn't alter what they did - or perhaps there is some other reason she said this. Certainly wont get the Dowlers or the servicemens families to love the NOTW - and you and For Us All standing up for them shows your true colours. you should both be ashamed of yourselves.

Where would we be without a free press?Scandals in the NHS,charities,child abuse in Rotherham and the Establishment would all still be hidden.It was nothing more than a witch hunt against journalism with the accused being treated worse than murderers,rapists and terrorists in their three year wait for justice.Another waste of taxpayers money.

Sorry but that's a load of old pish. A lot of those journalists were prosecuted because News International shopped its own staff and handed over evidence to the authorities.

Plenty of people did go down - not journalists but their sources who had their anonymity betrayed.

Not when it means misery and misfortune for others who they prey on.

What a pity for all of us (ha- get it!) that they haven't invented time travel and cant send you back to 1938 in Nazi Germany where you belong.

You are most ungrateful,if it wasn't for Rupert we might not have our Premier League?

Archived