onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Casual Fan - shocked

tobert1985

Advert

I don't think its fair to judge based on one game played in appalling conditions on a boggy pitch.

I'm a season ticket holder and the games against Gillingham, Wigan, Sheff Utd, Peterborough and Chesterfield have been top notch entertainment. I've not been to Burnley, Donny, Shrewsbury or Blackpool either.

I wish some people would stop moaning (not likely) and just enjoy the entertainment. Only one game I've seen this season that we were never going to win and that was Millwall. The players can't do any more than that at home.

I disagree.

I think supporters and in particular the chairman are blinded by certain performances.

I am sick of hearing about how good we were in a handful of games. We cannot live off that.

Ive been over for 6 games this season and if its the best football for years then im the pope.

Pretty on the eye at times but as exciting as a Stoke victory.

Matches ive been are Crewe. Nicey nice. No end product.

Burnley. Great team performance. However as a spectacle it wasnt exciting football. We were the better team, yes, but hardly threatened the goal.

West Brom. Fantastic effort. But for Alnwick would have lost comfortably. But that is no disgrace.

Bury. Shocking. Not one shot on target.

Chesterfield. Farce of a first ten minutes because of the pitch. Hardly edge of the seat stuff after that.

Blackpool. Dire for 80 mins. Subs changed the game.

My point being is quite frankly, most weeks, the football is lethargic, tippy tappy, dross.

Ive missed the Wigan, Sheff Utd, Doncaster games, which many fans cling to, just like the same fans think we are a 7000+ average side.

People have short memories.

Under Micky Adams in our promotion season our football was a million times better and more exciting than some of this seasons dross.

Chances. Goals. Pace. Penetration. We had it all. Now we seem to be happy because we play the game at snail pace but keep the ball and it looks nice!

Doesnt it tell you why the crowd is so flat? Its boring. Apart from one game in 7 we are boring to watch. Slow and naive.

Now, the league table will tell you we are doing ok (certainly not punching above our weight, mind) but personally i would love to see us take it to teams just like we did in our promotion season.

Peterborough have made a philsophy of this as a football club and are reaping the rewards. The chairman demands it.

We are on tv Sunday. We will more than likely stink the place out. I hope im wrong. Then we go to coventry. Not lost at home. It will be 90 minutes of ****ting ourselves and defending. Its the way the manager likes to set us up. Then when we keep the ball more than we probably would have done in years gone by but ultimately lose by the odd goal we will be fooled (not me) into how the lads gave everything against top of the table teams, when in reality we never gave it a go. Just look at our away setup and in particular Exeter.

This is the whole issue with Page.

The next 3 games will either make or break our season in my opinion but i cannot see a victory amongst them with the current negative setup.

And as ill be flying in for two of them, ill be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Has anyone ever mentioned "flying in" so often?

I agree with Paul in as much as the football excitement wise hasn't been great except for the odd game so much so I have fallen out of love I suppose and haven't been many away matches this time, the negative way we set up has been the reason and the fact we haven't been too successful away from home

The home form whilst we have only lost 1 league game has been not bad but like Paul says we haven't 'gone at' teams with exciting football its the negative subs with sometimes only 10 or 5 mins to play which gets my goat and the fact we seem to have resorted to the same **** players we had last season

I think the next 3-4 games will sort out Page once and for all and would like to see a good experienced Manager here instead of a rookie maybe if Smurf sells the club soon we will get the new owners wanting their own man in who knows but I feel our season is just going to peter out wnd we will always end up being 4-6 points outside the play-offs.

Typical comment from the self appionted moderator of the moron cliche

From the bloke who pretends to be thick on half of his meesgaes and forgets himself and slips back into some one with at least one brain cell?

You're post is typical: unconstructive, ill-infomed and antagonistic. I suggest you try taking one hand of you're tiny **** and make a serious point for once sweetheart

I agree with Paul in as much as the football excitement wise hasn't been great except for the odd game so much so I have fallen out of love I suppose and haven't been many away matches this time, the negative way we set up has been the reason and the fact we haven't been too successful away from home

The home form whilst we have only lost 1 league game has been not bad but like Paul says we haven't 'gone at' teams with exciting football its the negative subs with sometimes only 10 or 5 mins to play which gets my goat and the fact we seem to have resorted to the same **** players we had last season

I think the next 3-4 games will sort out Page once and for all and would like to see a good experienced Manager here instead of a rookie maybe if Smurf sells the club soon we will get the new owners wanting their own man in who knows but I feel our season is just going to peter out wnd we will always end up being 4-6 points outside the play-offs.

Lets face it, nothing Rob Page can do will change some peoples opinions. If we win every game for the remainder of the season, he'd still have the championship manager brigade on his back for some reason. Obviously because they won the premier league with Vale, we should be doing the same in real life.

Oh and I'd love to know who this experienced, mythical, wonderful manager is. Can't wait for him to come along and get us promoted.

Hi folks,

Please try and be nice to one another and attack the argument not the person. Personal abuse is not permitted.

Woakesy - your post wasn't breaking the rules but sadly it quoted a previous post that did break the rules. It has been deleted simply to prevent that quoted previous post re-appearing in your post (I hope you get what I mean).

If we can't debate this topic without further abuse, can the Admin team please close it?

Thanks.

The football this season has been light years ahead of recent seasons.

Personally, I think we play more fluently with Foley and Grant in the middle, but the manager clearly disagrees.

As is frequently said on MOTD the strikers need to be closer together. Too frequently, we have one up front with no support. Very few players, Birchall excepted, make any effort to burst into the box from deep.

Some of the crosses on Saturday were begging for someone like Pope, but we had no-one on the end of them.

I'm glad someone else thinks the same.

I felt that in the first half it was a bit of a parent with disappointed child situation. The fans (parents) were very angry and disappointed with the players (children) for their behaviour last week. The parents were still going to turn up but it was up for the children to make amends. After a while the parents started cheering the children on.

As for the performance in general:

1. Injury to Andoh pretty much changed the way the team plays. His pace and support of the front two was pretty essential at times.

2. Injury to Inniss - although I accept McGivern has played out of his skin over recent weeks (Exeter excepted) and worked hard with Duffy.

3. Playing conditions were dreadful. Heavy pitch. Swirling wind. It was never going to be pretty.

4. Should have won - two chances (the freekick and McGivern's shot) would have gone in another day.

Lets face it, nothing Rob Page can do will change some peoples opinions. If we win every game for the remainder of the season, he'd still have the championship manager brigade on his back for some reason. Obviously because they won the premier league with Vale, we should be doing the same in real life.

Oh and I'd love to know who this experienced, mythical, wonderful manager is. Can't wait for him to come along and get us promoted.

Agreed, the bloke has no chance.

I know I didn't want Page in the first place and although I try to give credit when it's due I can't help but feel my judgement is clouded to him. On that basis I am trying to only say things positive and keep the rest of it to myself/ the boys in the pub. Ideally I won't be doing that soon and he'll have simply won me over, I just can't see it

People have short memories.

Under Micky Adams in our promotion season our football was a million times better and more exciting than some of this seasons dross.

Some games were more exciting than this season, yes. Some were dreadful, worse than the worst of this season. I suspect, as you say ST, some people have short memories and have forgotten this...

Fleetwood away was exciting, Rotherham home and away was exciting, Gills was exciting (but not exactly a game littered with chances, goals, penetration as you say), Burton at home was exciting. However, remember the performances at Northampton, Aldershot home, Fleetwood home, Southend home and away, even some games we won like Torquay away and it is a far cry from the picture you paint.

Archived