onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Casual Fan - shocked

tobert1985

You haven't really answered my main comment about being in a relegation battle.

I didn't know I had to! You haven't answered any of my comments ;)

My answer to your "main comment" is the same as my other points. We're all talking about opinions not facts. None of us can prove our cases factually...

In my view (again, an opinion) Page has to take a lot of blame as he was in charge. But also in my opinion, I believe he had mitigating circumstances - it wasn't entirely his squad and he was a rookie manager and as he learnt, he made mistakes.

In my opinion, I would strongly disagree that inexperienced equals "ineptitude" - even managerial greats like Rudge, Fergie etc had to start out and often made mistakes in the early days.

The reason I don't think Page is inept is I would argue that some of his signings this summer - Alnwick and Grant - are better than those of the previous manager. I would say that some of his more criticised signings - Kelly and AJ - have been proved to be good ones despite the fans slaughtering him over them at the time. And in my view, he deserves credit for bringing Andoh through to the first-team (regardless of when he did it, he still had the guts to give the bloke his professional debut).

I do not think Rob Page is by any means faultless. I understand concerns over giving some players contracts. I think the squad was unbalanced and I think we can be overly-negative but the guy has been in charge for 68 games and already (I would argue) has made better signings and is playing better football than the previous manager (who has managed seven or eight times the number of games). We were rubbish in the FA Cup but are in 12th place in the table, so I just think the guy deserves a break. He's a new manager - he's shown promise with signings and with style of play.

Advert

Here to be shot at that I know, I am nothing more than a causal fan who attended Vale on Saturday and have to say I was shocked by a few things from my last visit.

1. The level of performance from the Players (no longer look hungry)

2. The style of play seems to have gone

3. The crowd and atmosphere was the worst I have ever known

Some things that remain

1. Clueless uninspired subs at times where the effect on the match will be nil

2. A manager who needs to be bolder and braver when chasing a win

3. seemingly playing to draw

On the evidence in front of me I feel it may be a long time before i go again, are the Vale now fair weather players, do the crowd no longer want to inspire the team and would the last person to care shut the door...... I know circumstances are not great but the product for me has gone rapidly stale lets hope Wallsall don't like the wet and cold as much as us.

Well, I don't know who the poster is but he must have gone to a different game that me or had a running commentary from his guide dog!

Well, I don't know who the poster is but he must have gone to a different game that me or had a running commentary from his guide dog!

Sticks and Stones typical OVF reply nothing more than this site represents the demographic the Vale attract and the reason many many more stay away

Just a reminder for u some posters on here have different rules applied to them than others some members of the inerta circle are allowed to post personal abuse messages ie YUKON .and others responding have there responses deleted .Carry on the good work on the OVF WEBSITE a subvranch of the local masons cliche

Maybe there should be sanctions considered...after all why should some get away with it and other's not? Seems to be the case on here that people who take care what they post get shouted down.

Sticks and Stones typical OVF reply nothing more than this site represents the demographic the Vale attract and the reason many many more stay away

He offered an opinion that's all. In the form of banter I'll grant you but still an opinion.

Do you really want to be on here?

We're not in one this year though are we? And since we didn't go down last year, I'd say Page got it right

But this year Chelsea are in a dogfight relegation battle as opposed to last year when they won the league...but today sacked the manager who happens to have won the league for them months ago and is the most successful manager in their history...see the irony

Bumped into former Vale player Dave McClelland at Exeter bus statioin earlier today when he came over to me to tell me how awful Vale were against Exeter (he lives in Sidmouth and so was at the game).

Old news I know but he is usually full of praise for Vale so it must have been really bad.

Archived