onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Casual Fan - shocked

tobert1985

He is running it so well that the fans are deserting at an alarming rate.

Sorry that's rubbish with no foundation. Look at history, we are a relatively small club with a hardcore of 3,000 to 3,500 hardcore. If that offends then that is simply reality.

He's put stupid amounts of money in chasing dreams and the players haven't performed to standard. Yes he's made mistakes but ultimately fans are fickle in general and will only attend when we are successful, the chairman has facilitated it, the manager and the players have not...yet consistently.

Advert

We looked at our best early season when we pressed teams in their half. With Uche dropped, Andoh injured, and one or two other tweaks, we can't play like that.

Grant also seems to be not quite there. I don't know if the soft pitches don't suit his game this time of year, or if he's struggling with an injury, but he's definitely lost the edge to his game.

Completely agree. The system we play relies heavily on the supporting three players and since Andoh's injury the wingers and Dodds have really struggled.

For me it's time for a three man midfield of O'C, Foley and Grant or AJLS supporting Uche.

"Grant also seems to be not quite there. I don't know if the soft pitches don't suit his game this time of year, or if he's struggling with an injury, but he's definitely lost the edge to his game." ( Santa)

...Is this because he no longer has Foley alongside him? When he was at his best, he had a definite role - to sit in front of the back 4 and protect it, and not venturing over the half way line. It was Foley's job to get forward. which he did. However, O'Connor also likes to sit in; I think this confuses Grant about when to sit and when he has to go forward, resulting in him not doing either job as well as he might. Just my theory - feel free to disagree!

Now that O`Connor is getting fitter, and with Grant alongside him, they need to come up with a plan to vary their roles either by parts of the game or by a signal. Maybe Page should have spotted this or has other ideas.

Sounds about right this post.

Here to be shot at that I know, I am nothing more than a causal fan who attended Vale on Saturday and have to say I was shocked by a few things from my last visit.

1. The level of performance from the Players (no longer look hungry)

2. The style of play seems to have gone

3. The crowd and atmosphere was the worst I have ever known

Some things that remain

1. Clueless uninspired subs at times where the effect on the match will be nil

2. A manager who needs to be bolder and braver when chasing a win

3. seemingly playing to draw

On the evidence in front of me I feel it may be a long time before i go again, are the Vale now fair weather players, do the crowd no longer want to inspire the team and would the last person to care shut the door...... I know circumstances are not great but the product for me has gone rapidly stale lets hope Wallsall don't like the wet and cold as much as us.

Here to be shot at that I know, I am nothing more than a causal fan who attended Vale on Saturday and have to say I was shocked by a few things from my last visit.

Some things that remain

On the evidence in front of me I feel it may be a long time before i go again, are the Vale now fair weather players, do the crowd no longer want to inspire the team and would the last person to care shut the door...... I know circumstances are not great but the product for me has gone rapidly stale lets hope Wallsall don't like the wet and cold as much as us.

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get", give it a few more goes before you hang up the rattle.

Some things that remain

I must admit, I get a bit fed up with folk saying certain aspects of Vale are "the worst they've ever known". We have a bloke who rings up P&G on a regular basis saying the current team is the worst he's ever seen. We've now got tobert saying the crowd on Saturday was the worst (s)he'd ever known, the atmosphere was the worst ever ... etc, etc.

I can only think such folk have a very limited experience of watching Vale if they think the current situation is that bad. Why are so many Vale fans so ****** miserable?

I think a lot of this whinging is unjustified, our home record this season is excellent and the players really pushed on Saturday and against Blackpool in atrocious conditions. Exeter was dire but most away performances have been negative. That is page's biggest failing. Not enough to see him sacked though.

Now that O`Connor is getting fitter, and with Grant alongside him, they need to come up with a plan to vary their roles either by parts of the game or by a signal. Maybe Page should have spotted this or has other ideas.

Unfortunately good old pagey doesn't have enough grey matter to spot anything.

I must admit, I get a bit fed up with folk saying certain aspects of Vale are "the worst they've ever known". We have a bloke who rings up P&G on a regular basis saying the current team is the worst he's ever seen. We've now got tobert saying the crowd on Saturday was the worst (s)he'd ever known, the atmosphere was the worst ever ... etc, etc.

I can only think such folk have a very limited experience of watching Vale if they think the current situation is that bad. Why are so many Vale fans so ****** miserable?

probably because they've got close season resigning syndrome.

What gets my goat is saying its the worst atmosphere they've seen and so they wont go again...not - I'll make sure I go next time to try and help the attendance / atmosphere....there are loads of people like that, as he says casual fans

He is running it so well that the fans are deserting at an alarming rate.

Considering it was the last home game before xmas and it was chucking it down, radio Stoke were thinking the game might be off and they didn't bring many, I think the gate of 3900 odd was surprisingly high.

Some short memories here. We are half way up league 1, having played some great football at times this year. Yes, we are inconsistent at times, but only the top 2/3 in the league won't be. Where do people expect us to be? Is the problem the level of expectation rather than the manager. Page is learning his trade & slowly improving things. His signings have been good. Do we have to be patient? Those who are saying it's as bad as they have know must have forgotten the Lee Sinnott season. Only vale fans could make a crisis of a team that is just outside the playoffs having won 4 & drew 1 of the last 6 league games.

Archived