onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Greece v turkey

Wereskintandweknowweare

Advert

It's not good pr for the Muslim race really. On one hand they say don't tarnish us all with the same brush, then we see thousands of them booing a respectful minutes silence. Either that or they were all isis followers !

If they are trying to stop all future travel and tourism to Muslim countries they are going about it the right way.

It's not good pr for the Muslim race really. On one hand they say don't tarnish us all with the same brush, then we see thousands of them booing a respectful minutes silence. Either that or they were all isis followers !

If they are trying to stop all future travel and tourism to Muslim countries they are going about it the right way.

Islam is not a race, it's a religion.

"They say don't tarnish (sic) us all with the same brush" - wouldn't you, if you happened to be a Muslim?

How happy would you be to be lumped in with all white people, or all Potteries people, or all Europeans?

"They say don't tarnish (sic) us all with the same brush" - wouldn't you, if you happened to be a Muslim?

How happy would you be to be lumped in with all white people, or all Potteries people, or all Europeans?

I agree with all of that.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone on this thread but I keep seeing people using the recent attacks as an excuse to legitimise their prejudice thoughts to the point of outright racism, for example the clowns who got themselves banned on the Paris threads

Correct islam is a religion, where did i say it wasnt? Muslims are followers of that religion and they are a race of people.

What has my skin colour got to do with it? Im saying that muslims booing the minutes silence doesnt look good for muslims, get off your high horse and read the thread.

Correct islam is a religion, where did i say it wasnt? Muslims are followers of that religion and they are a race of people.

What has my skin colour got to do with it? Im saying that muslims booing the minutes silence doesnt look good for muslims, get off your high horse and read the thread.

Not quite clear with all of that, I agree with a Muslim being a follower of Islam, but surely Muslims can be of any race?

It's not just a religion, more of a way of life, judge and jury etc.
No different to any other religion then? It is just that they have some hard line fanatics, and countries who still live in the Middle Ages. A Christian country like France used to chop peoples heads of in public with a guillotine, we were less spectacular with an axe, or used an hangman`s rope, but mainly our laws and pattern of life would be based on biblical aspects.

I agree with all of that.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone on this thread but I keep seeing people using the recent attacks as an excuse to legitimise their prejudice thoughts to the point of outright racism, for example the clowns who got themselves banned on the Paris threads

Why let facts get in the way, facts like treating women as second class citizens, the homophobia, the arranged marriages, the acceptance of polygamy, the inherent racism of the religion itself, the aspiration to dominate the world etc, etc, etc, all issues which any decent, fair and objective person would have issue with. These are not prejudiced thoughts about the religion of Islam, they're tangible facts still very much part of Islamic life in the 21st century and not tolerated in any type of civilized world. The only answer that most people have to these facts is the racism word.

I find it surprising that many, many more muslims don't renounce Islam, especially those now living in the west, not just because of the radicals but because of the inherent awful nature of Islam itself. The only answer I can think of is that even the moderate muslims living in the west are frightened to do so.

Why let facts get in the way, facts like treating women as second class citizens, the homophobia, the arranged marriages, the acceptance of polygamy, the inherent racism of the religion itself, the aspiration to dominate the world etc, etc, etc, all issues which any decent, fair and objective person would have issue with. These are not prejudiced thoughts about the religion of Islam, they're tangible facts still very much part of Islamic life in the 21st century and not tolerated in any type of civilized world. The only answer that most people have to these facts is the racism word.

I find it surprising that many, many more muslims don't renounce Islam, especially those now living in the west, not just because of the radicals but because of the inherent awful nature of Islam itself. The only answer I can think of is that even the moderate muslims living in the west are frightened to do so.

Maybe so, or that there are many sects of Islam, only a few of which are shall we say hard line, and are trying to make the rest more so. No different to sects of Christianity in the past.

Archived