onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Greece v turkey

Wereskintandweknowweare

I think Turkey may have taken an opportunity to try and destabilise the coalition that was building up between Russia and the West against ISIS.

Yes, there is no doubt about that - and it is up to the US and UK and the other European countries to now co-operate with Russia so that it doesn't happen again, and it isn't a British plane shot down for flying over Assad's airspace - which we are, of course. By not condemning this action, Cameron opens himself up to this happening.

Turkey are nearly as bad as Saudi Arabia and are terrorist helpers and ISIS funders, plus enemies of the Kurdish people who they repress and murder.

Advert

To say Turkey I'd the home base of ISIS is quiet frankly nonsense.

And the point I was making stands, the victims of Paris were remembered, the victims killed on a Peace march in Turkey weren't. If you were Turkish you might see that as hypocritical

Wow - you are so far off the mark it is amazing. Those killed on the Turkish peace march were either Kurdish or at least against the state - and most people think the Turkish government were implicated, maybe even helped to kill those people.

The repressive Islamic extremists in power certainly were not upset at the bombings, although most genuine Turkish people were.

How am I way off the mark to suggest that some people may feel that one attrocity in one part of the world is deemed more worthy of being acknowledged than another? You can substitute Turkey for Nigeria, Lebanon and plenty of countries the world over. I'm simply talking on a human level and leaving politics out of it on this occasion, a tragedy is a tragedy wherever it occurs.....

I agree the tragedy was just as bad, and had already said on here that there was a noticeable difference between the ISIS mass muder by bombing the Russian holiday plane (hardly any empathy in the UK, certainly no solidarity with the victims or Russia itself) and the Paris events. Cameron and his mob are very selective in their grief.

The Turkish peace bombings were not the first time that had happened in that vile country.

Vile country? Completely disagree, been to Istanbul 4 times and it is the best city I've ever visited, absolutely superb place

Good job you saw it while it is still there. Istanbul is on a major earthquake fault line, where a series of earthquakes have been moving west and the last was predicted almost precisely to the nearest 3 miles.

Using the same calculations, the next is predicted to be right under the centre of Istanbul, and it is overdue - the last was in 1894 and the city has had a major earthquake every 100 years or so, it isn't a place I would rush to for many reasons, but this is the main one, as millions could die and the place is not built to withstand earthquakes like some cities in Japan and San Francisco.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/dec/09/turkey.naturaldisasters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16357602

Your fifth visit could be to the ruins.

I think everyone should be more worried about Greece v Russia at the moment,ISIS will be laughing their socks off?

I think you meant Turkey v Russia. Greece and Russia have quite good relations, better than most NATO countries do with Russia.

some more on the forthcoming Istanbul earthquake -

http://www.livescience.com/37512-istanbul-earthquake-risk.html

I could also get run over by a bus crossing the road but thanks for the earthquake update. I'll be there again in February/March time for a few days and I'm pretty confident it will still be standing....

The Nature website rates it between 30 and 60 per cent chance of a magnitude 7 or more earthquake in Istanbul in the next 25 years - so I suppose your odds are quite good being there for just a few days - but significantly worse than getting run over by a bus. I hope you have a safe trip though.

Those who actually live there are in true mortal danger - 12 million of them. I just hope their pets escape, as animals have been shown to be able to sense earthquakes in .advance and flee to safety.

"Turkey expects new talks on its EU bid", not a sensible path for Europe to tread irrespective of the recent awful events.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34930708

No way do we want Turkey and its millions of babbling Islamist ISIS fanatics in the EU. Imagine a couple of million Turks coming to Britain without restriction to make our resource problems worse and overwhelm us with security problems.

Merkel's Germany must be bricking it as the Turks go for more extreme ISIS-style Islam, as they took on a couple of million turks to solve a labour shortage a generation ago, and there are over a million of them in Berlin alone. Some areas of Berlin are virtual no-go areas, and yes I have been there over 20 times and seen this to be true.

I feel sorry for the people of the former East Germany who have inherited this problem as an unseen 'benefit' of reunification. Maybe those who laughed when they said the wall was to keep threats from West Germany out are not finding it so funny now.

Expect Paris-style attacks in Berlin or other German cities within months, if not sooner.

Your concerns are valid but I feel you're over egging the situation. Been to Berlin many times like yourself as we have a site out there at work and often stay around the Neukolln area of Berlin which had a huge immigrant population from Turkey and the Middle East. It's a bit rough and ready and there's a few areas where I'd avoid late at night but honestly I'm from the mean streets of Tunstall it's not that bad....,,

I was thinking about some of the rougher parts of Kreuzberg in Berlin, there are certainly a couple of main places there where daytime muggings are the norm - though I realise many European cities have similar problems.

Germany will have to deal with any problems that occur which are of its' own making, but there is every reason not to want a similar situation with millions more potentially ISIS people in the UK and other European countries if Turkey is foolishly admitted to the EU.

Archived